Mularkey now out in Tennessee as HC

YoloinOhio

13 minutes ago, Stevie Ray said:

Josh McDaniels back in play in the Music City.

That's what NFLN said - he's interested in the Tenn job, the job is open - done deal.

What's next for Mularkey?

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

THIS is why he’s gone. And You could see it coming after he said all this. He used the EXACT same language and complaints in that rant as he did with the Buffalo media when he quit in 2005. He complained then about how it was all too tough on his family. His kids were picked on in school all that stuff. History is just repeating itself. Doubt he will ever be a head coach again. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Billznut said:

THIS is why he’s gone. And You could see it coming after he said all this. He used the EXACT same language and complaints in that rant as he did with the Buffalo media when he quit in 2005. He complained then about how it was all too tough on his family. His kids were picked on in school all that stuff. History is just repeating itself. Doubt he will ever be a head coach again. 

Now he has a history with this behavior.  I think him getting a head coaching job again in the NFL is remote. 

4 minutes ago, Billznut said:

I didn't see the rant. Was it bad?

Just now, ndirish1978 said:

I didn't see the rant. Was it bad?

It was just beyond bizarre that 12-13 years later he was using the exact same excuse as to why he was so angry and unhappy coaching. He used his family’s unhappiness with stress in the community as his main reason in his rants. 

20 minutes ago, Billznut said:

I think you might have your Bills coaches confused.  I thought it was Gregg Williams who complained that his family was harassed and even threatened.  I thought Mularkey said he quit because he couldn't fill assistant coaching positions because assistants didn't want to sign on when the HC had only 1 year left on his contract.  That made a lot of sense since Mularkey was Donahoe's guy, and not only was Donahoe out in Buffalo after 2005, he seemed to become a persona non grata throughout the NFL. 

Edited by SoTier

21 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Could you, or anyone, elaborate on what he said after the game last week?

9 minutes ago, SoTier said:

I think you might have your Bills coaches confused.  I thought it was Gregg Williams who complained that his family was harassed and even threatened.  I thought Mularkey said he quit because he couldn't fill assistant coaching positions because assistants didn't want to sign on when the HC had only 1 year left on his contract.  That made a lot of sense since Mularkey was Donahoe's guy, and not only was Donahoe out in Buffalo after 2005, he seemed to become a persona non grata throughout the NFL. 

If they are anything like him, I would have assumed it was Gregg Williams' family that was harassing and threatening other people!  :lol:

Sensei Greggo: "Sweep the leg!!!"

Image result for karate kid villain sensei image

Edited by BobChalmers
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Billznut said:

It was just beyond bizarre that 12-13 years later he was using the exact same excuse as to why he was so angry and unhappy coaching. He used his family’s unhappiness with stress in the community as his main reason in his rants. 

I'm sorry, BN, I just saw this now, before my post just above.  never mind.  Thank you.

10 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Nope not confused. I watched Mukarkeys press conference in Buffalo back then and his rant a few weeks ago. Very very similar. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

This is probably the best thing to ever happen to Mariota. A talent like Mariota deserves a 'real' coach. I don't care what anybody says, Marcus Mariota is a top shelf talent, he needs someone who can develop him.

Mariota is athletic, but he isn't a top end passer and doesn't see the whole field.  He just doesn't do a good job anticipating what is going to happen.  A good safety will eat Mariota up.