A Bills Fan Dilemma - Which Hated Team Do You Support: Patriots or Jaguars?

BuffaloRush

Who Do You Want To Win The 2017 AFC Championship  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do You Want To Win The 2017 AFC Championship

• New England Patriots
    • Jacksonville Jaguars

3 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

A wise man once said "the enemy of my enemy is my friend."  During next week's AFC Championship, Bills fans will be watching two "enemies" to the franchise.  This can be bad considering the fact that one team we hate will move on to the Super Bowl.  The good news is that one of the teams we hate will suffer a loss and miss out on the Super Bowl.  Either way - it's a win-win for Bills fans...or a lose-lose.  

Question is - who do you want to win next week the Patriots or Jags?

Jacksonville is starting to become one of the teams that I dislike the most.  I'm not the biggest fan of Doug Marrone and while their defense is solid, I don't think they are a great team.   If Pittsburgh plays defense yesterday, they probably are onto the Foxboro.  And if the Bills had a QB, Jacksonville never gets a shot to play for the Super Bowl.  I also am starting to dislike their fan base - as they are becoming as boastful and annoying as well...Patriot fans.  The difference, is that New England has actually won 5 Super Bowls and Jacksonville has nothing.

The Patriots are the Patriots.  I don't want them to win another Super Bowl and have something more to brag about.  I can't stand that franchise, the arrogant fan base, or the douchie journalists like Dan Shaunessy.  

So who do I want to win?  Call me crazy but I am pulling for New England to destroy Jacksonville and put up 40 points on the "best" defense in the NFL (who by the way gave up nearly 50 points to Big Ben and The Steelers).  I know...I know...cheering for New England.  But who cares?  I think their legacy is already written.  Winning another Super Bowl won't do anything either way.  I want to see Jacksonville get destroyed and watch those trash talking crying in the locker room.  Go Patriots!   

This is going to reveal me as a Slimeball Personality.  My dream AFC Championship this year would be a NE to win, but for the Jaguars D (who I think are punks) to injure either Brady Gronkowski or both along the way, thus taking enough edge off the Patriots that the NFC team slides past them.  A 15 yard roughing the passer and/or unnecessary roughness and possibly even an ejection would be fine by me.

3 minutes ago, snafu said:

This is easy.  Jacksonville.

I hope the Jags kick the crap out of the Boston team.  Maybe it will hasten their demise in some way.

THEN everyone gets two weeks of seeing what a jerkoff Marrone is AND Bortles will suck in the Super Bowl -- and the bright side is that the Jags won't be able to get rid of Bortles if he makes it that far -- which screws them next season.

I kind of like the way you think.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

A wise man once said "the enemy of my enemy is my friend."  During next week's AFC Championship, Bills fans will be watching two "enemies" to the franchise.  This can be bad considering the fact that one team we hate will move on to the Super Bowl.  The good news is that one of the teams we hate will suffer a loss and miss out on the Super Bowl.  Either way - it's a win-win for Bills fans...or a lose-lose.  

Question is - who do you want to win next week the Patriots or Jags?

Jacksonville is starting to become one of the teams that I dislike the most.  I'm not the biggest fan of Doug Marrone and while their defense is solid, I don't think they are a great team.   If Pittsburgh plays defense yesterday, they probably are onto the Foxboro.  And if the Bills had a QB, Jacksonville never gets a shot to play for the Super Bowl.  I also am starting to dislike their fan base - as they are becoming as boastful and annoying as well...Patriot fans.  The difference, is that New England has actually won 5 Super Bowls and Jacksonville has nothing.

The Patriots are the Patriots.  I don't want them to win another Super Bowl and have something more to brag about.  I can't stand that franchise, the arrogant fan base, or the douchie journalists like Dan Shaunessy.  

So who do I want to win?  Call me crazy but I am pulling for New England to destroy Jacksonville and put up 40 points on the "best" defense in the NFL (who by the way gave up nearly 50 points to Big Ben and The Steelers).  I know...I know...cheering for New England.  But who cares?  I think their legacy is already written.  Winning another Super Bowl won't do anything either way.  I want to see Jacksonville get destroyed and watch those trash talking crying in the locker room.  Go Patriots!    

I am shocked any Bills fan be cheering for the Pats, but all are welcome!  As for Shaunessy he is equally hated up here too. (I know I dispose the man.)

the Jags will be good for awhile and scary good if they get a competent QB. This years playoffs seems so odd to me outside of NE all the other Os are not that scary. (Eagles would have been fun to see with Wentz but 3 of the final 4 it is all about D.)

I usually root for the AFC team in the SB. So I'll be rooting for the Patriots because I consider them the best team in the AFC. I'm well aware that this is a distinctly minority sentiment here. In my view they have the smartest operation in the league and have kept it up for a long time. In a system designed for parity this organization has demonstrated that they are ahead of the curve. This organization has lost players, coaches, front office staff yet due to Brady and BB they have remained at the top or near the top of the league for a generation. I admire them. 

I'm certainly rooting for St. Doug and the Jags to beat the patriots but I still think it's asking a lot since Hoodie is no Mike Tomlin and certainly don't see the Jags getting anywhere close to 40 points against the Pats.

If there is a defense equipped to give them trouble it's the Jags especially with Tom Coughlin's input knowing what he did twice to Brady in the only two superbowls they ever lost.

Pats probably win by 10+ points but look for the Jags to test them early and possibly get a lead carried into the 2nd half.

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Flip side, how would it look if we let a SB coach leave after 2 years?

The same Super Bowl coach that had the wisdom to start Cyril Richardson over Kraig Urbik?

To have our QB throw 1 yard screen passes to Scott Chandler?

I'm not crying over it.