What's the price to move up and get our guy?

3 minutes ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

I concede to your knowledge on this one, I only watched a couple NYG games. I assumed based on their position they had some significant needs. If they are sold on Rosen for their future, then sure, it's all set. But I guess I would apply the same logic you use waiting for the FA moves to finalize any projections to apply to waiting for their new regime to assess what they really want to do.

The Giants roster isn't bad.  They were just badly mismanaged in the coaching department and injuries actually hampered them.  Their biggest issue is the OL and Gettleman is a trench guy.  So to actually strengthen your point of the Giants selling the #2 pick, maybe Gettleman sells the pick to us and takes two linemen at 21 and 22 which is a good range for OL in the 1st rd.  Then he can take a backer in the 2nd.  If he sees Eli as his guy maybe this can work. There's still hope LOL, but it could be a long shot.

OK now thinking about it, is there any other team in the 1st round outside of Cleveland that has more capital than us?  We may can swing that trade with the Giants.

4 minutes ago, BuffaloHogan said:

Things to consider:

1. Cousins will take one of those teams off the board... Likely Broncos or Bills

2. Dave Gettlemen, the Giants GM, worked for years with the McBeane. Watch for a Bills trade to #2. Giants take manning successor at 21 or22.

Nahh, they'll most likely take OL and LB.  Picking a QB there is not much different than taking one in the 2nd and 3rd.  Blue chip OL and LB can be found there.  But the trade with us could definitely happen.  If we can trade Shaq for a 2nd and Glenn for a 2nd/3rd (this is of course based on rumors) and recoup some picks then I'd be all in trading to the #2 spot.  We'll need to recoup some picks for moving up so high because our team will still need to fill in some spots.

Edited by NewEraBills

9 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

Here's the way I see the Browns.  They get a QB, a CB and another HB and they are in prime position to finally make their stand in the North.  The Ravens are stuck in the middle of the road.  The Bengals are underachievers.  The Browns get their QB and a workhouse HB and they are all of a sudden in prime position to do damage in the AFC North. If you are the Browns are you trading picks?  I wouldn't.  It's my time now.

I hear your point but see it a little different from you.

They are coming off an 0 and 16 season and they aren’t even close to Pittsburgh, especially with Ben probably returning.

They have very minimal talent on their team and they are not 1 draft away from being good. They are at least 2 amazing drafts away.

So I would get my QB at 1 and trade the 4 pick if a team gives up a ton.

Get your QB this draft, get s ton of picks for 2018 and 2019, hit on a lot of those and then you are probably a contender.

Just the way I see it personally 

47 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Broncos and Browns the target in the top 5.

Both 2018 1st's

1 of our 2018 2nd's

2019 1st

Tyrod Taylor

Taylor wont be on the roster...they would have had to pay him a $6 million roster bonus in March. Draft is end of April

Edited by matter2003

OK now just thinking about some of the rumors of trades (Glenn, Shaq, Washington) and the draft capital we have.  If we can swing some trades for the players rumored to be on the out and recoup some capital because we are certainly going to need it, I'd say try to get to 2.

1 minute ago, billsfan11 said:

I hear your point but see it a little different from you.

They are coming off an 0 and 16 season and they aren’t even close to Pittsburgh, especially with Ben probably returning.

They have very minimal talent on their team and they are not 1 draft away from being good. They are at least 2 amazing drafts away.

So I would get my QB at 1 and trade the 4 pick if a team gives up a ton.

Get your QB this draft, get s ton of picks for 2018 and 2019, hit on a lot of those and then you are probably a contender.

Just the way I see it personally 

I didn't say Pitt I said Baltimore and Cincy.  But they do have talent on their team.

Their DL and OL are actually filled with talent

Garrett, Ogbah, Shelton are all 1st round picks and when all of them are on the field the front is actually good.  Ogbah got hurt this year.

Zeitler, Bitonio, Thomas (older) is a pretty talented OL

They have weapons at TE.  They could use another WR.  But here's how I see the Browns.  If you look at their games this year, they were IN many of those games with BAD QB play.  You lost 4 games by 3 points; you lost 1 game by 6 points, another by 9.  You don't hang around in those games if you don't have talent.  In those same games, your QB is what cost you.  I'm not saying they can't use another blue chip player at CB because they can but with some competent QB play they actually could have won at least 6 games.  So I don't see them as lacking talent at all and with the Ravens consistently stuck in the middle and the Bengals being underachievers, they actually could surpass those two.

I just don't see clev or giants trading out.....they both grab qb's....especially after the success of wentz and goff.

indy takes barkley at 3

clev swaps with Denver picks 4&5. Denver takes a qb at 4

clev takes best avail at 5

jets may take a qb at 6

cincy, wash, ariz, all need a qb

bills need to overpay in F/A to get a QB....keep all draft picks

Okay, so the major assumptions I'm making here is that no players are involved in the trades, and I have not considered the teams in these picks or their needs. Based on estimates of the picks we will have, here's what we've got:

1st overall pick:

- Based on the new trade chart we cannot get the 1st overall pick

- Based on the old trade chart we would need to give:

- 1-21, 1-22, Future 1st, 2-21, 2-24, Future 2nd, and 3-31

2nd overall pick:

- Based on the new trade chart we would need to give:

- 1-21, 1-22, Future 1st, 2-24

- 1-21, 1-22, Future 1st, 2-21, Future 2nd, 3-31

3rd overall pick:

- 1-22, Future 1st, 2-21, 3-31

- 1-21, 1-22, 2-21, 2-24

4th overall pick:

- 1-22, Future 1st, 2-24, 3-31

- 1-22, Future 1st, 2-24, Future 2nd, 3-31

5th overall pick:

- 1-22, Future 1st, 2-24

- 1-22, Future 1st, 2-24, Future 2nd

10th overall pick:

- 1-22, 2-21, 4-21

- 1-22, Future 1st, 3-31

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEraBills said:

I didn't say Pitt I said Baltimore and Cincy.  But they do have talent on their team.

Their DL and OL are actually filled with talent

Garrett, Ogbah, Shelton are all 1st round picks and when all of them are on the field the front is actually good.  Ogbah got hurt this year.

Zeitler, Bitonio, Thomas (older) is a pretty talented OL

They have weapons at TE.  They could use another WR.  But here's how I see the Browns.  If you look at their games this year, they were IN many of those games with BAD QB play.  You lost 4 games by 3 points; you lost 1 game by 6 points, another by 9.  You don't hang around in those games if you don't have talent.  In those same games, your QB is what cost you.  I'm not saying they can't use another blue chip player at CB because they can but with some competent QB play they actually could have won at least 6 games.  So I don't see them as lacking talent at all and with the Ravens consistently stuck in the middle and the Bengals being underachievers, they actually could surpass those two.

Fair enough man, we’ll agree to disagree.

I don’t think you can fluke your way to 0 and 16 though lol. 

They literally lost to Pittsburghs 3rd stringers the last game of the year.

And are now 1 and 31 in their last 32 games. They will go down as one of the worst teams ever. It’s pretty hard to justify anything else 

11 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

One thing is for sure - the Senior Bowl will be a good watch. 

Very Very True. I don't remember a more QB heavy Senior Bowl than this with Josh Allen, Baker Mayfield, Mason Rudolph, and Luke Falk all accepting invites. 

Very intriguing. 

I don't think it matters what we're willing to package if the top 2 teams aren't willing to do business cause they're locked in to drafting a QB. The real question for me though is whether or not the 3rd ranked QB in this class is worth the picks. Would you rather overpay to get one of the top 2? How many drafts produce THREE franchise QBs? I can think of 3 years that did '04, '83, '71, pretty much every other year you see one or two, or in the case of the year we drafted EJ: none. 

Edited by ndirish1978
  • Like (+1) 4

17 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

I don't think it matters what we're willing to package if the top 2 teams aren't willing to do business cause they're locked in to drafting a QB. The real question for me though is whether or not the 3rd ranked QB in this class is worth the picks. Would you rather overpay to get one of the top 2? How many drafts produce THREE franchise QBs? I can think of 3 years that did '04, '83, '71, pretty much every other year you see one or two, or in the case of the year we drafted EJ: none. 

I've already given my answer.  Outside of the top two I'm not willing to do it.

Just now, ndirish1978 said:

In that case, are you willing to overpay to get one of them?

I would need to see what our FA looks like and if we can recoup some other picks through trading players.  So the answer is a MAYBE LOL.  I care about the team overall.  As much as we need a QB, I think it would be a disservice to put anyone who cannot use their legs behind Ducasse and Mills, even a bridge QB.  So I would like upgrades on the right side of the line.  I did not like the run defense this year after the Dareus trade.  No real NT so we got gashed.  We game planned well by having our backers sell out for the run but against a somewhat accurate QB you're going to get torched with that game plan.  So I need to see how other stuff plays out before going all in.  If other stuff plays out somewhat sufficiently, throw everything at #2.  But I just can't fathom it in my mind to overpay if things are in shambles in a lot of other spots.

24 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

I dont belive that is a guarantee.  If Cleveland lands cousins do they have to pick a Qb at 1?  No.  You are not paying a Qb 100 plus million and take a Qb number 1 overall.  The giants could feel they are alot closer than they apear.  Get eli a line and a healthy ODB in a contract year you may trade down to pick up more picks to fix the line thise year and get an extra 1 next year to replace Eli.