I've lost all of my Saint Doug hate...

eball

8 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

2016 the JAGS were 3-13.   They finished 1 - 10.  the 1 win was against Tennessee. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/jax/2016.htm

VP of operations 

Getting Dareus improved their run defense a lot.   Who is responsible for that?  I don't know

My bad. I watched a lot of Jags football because I lived in the area and the feeling was they played a lot better during those last 3 games. And I felt that way as well. There was a distinct difference.

As there was a distinct difference in how we performed after he replaced Chan Gailey. Coughlin contributed but he you can't attribute all of his success to Coughlin. 

To me, a team out performing their talent is a sign of good coaching and this year the Jags did that. He did it with Buffalo as well.

The Steelers underperformed their talent, which is why I'm not high on Tomlin. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, jmc12290 said:

I think I love these takes the best. I love that he quit, but I hated him for quitting. Talk about a no-win scenario.

at least Rex and his gang got his boys to love him!

Hate and respect are completely different meaning words. I thought he was an OK coach when he was here but I did not like hackett and I did not like his conservative nature. So when I heard he left I was like OK no big deal he would probably be fired anyway. But I thought the fact that he would take money and run and quit on 1 of 32 coaching jobs in the league was pretty lame, but I never said I hated the man. 

Just now, Mrbojanglezs said:

Hate and respect are completely different meaning words. I thought he was an OK coach when he was here but I did not like hackett and I did not like his conservative nature. So when I heard he left I was like OK no big deal he would probably be fired anyway. But I thought the fact that he would take money and run and quit on 1 of 32 coaching jobs in the league was pretty lame, but I never said I hated the man. 

What if he agreed that he probably would be fired, after basically getting told by the Pegulas that they didn't believe in him? He should've stayed for what purpose then?

1 minute ago, jmc12290 said:

What if he agreed that he probably would be fired, after basically getting told by the Pegulas that they didn't believe in him? He should've stayed for what purpose then?

As far as  I remember the Pegulas told him they wanted him back and tried to extend him and he chose to quit. Me saying he would probably be fired anyway was just my conjecture base on the previous 14 years.

1 hour ago, eball said:

...it just doesn't matter any more.  I actually enjoyed watching the Steelers have their asses handed to them for most of that game, and I'll be pulling for the Jags to beat the Pats*** as well.

Saint Doug is "obviously" flawed, but I'm happy where the Bills are and I'm done rooting for Marrone to fail.  We all know Coughlin is pulling the strings anyway.  ;)

1 hour ago, eball said:

You had an epiphany! What the hell is going on here. You are not the bile full vengeful fellow I once knew. Getting older sometimes means getting mellower. And sometimes it means getting more cantankerous. :D 

I'll never understand the whole "quitter" issue. Forgetting about football and our love for this team, so anyone who isn't happy in their job due to the environment (Whaley, cough cough) that is out of their control, has to stay put? To appease fans? Can anyone here who is complaining about Marrone "quitting" honestly say that they would stay in their crappy job because its the right and moral thing to do? Hypocrisy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

No, he's not.

Go Patriots.

I'm not a Marrone fan either (just in way he left the organization) .. but that hardly makes me want to root for the Pats .... I look at it this way ... .yesterday's game is really a compliment to our defense .. we held those guys to 10 points in their own house ... I hope they destroy NE

Douglas Marrone left the Bills on bad terms: He had his reasons that we will probably never fully understand.  He is a very good NFL Head Coach. No bitterness here.

Maybe watching how Jacksonville has advanced to the AFC Championship should also give us a pause about Tyrod Taylor: Blake Bortles got the Jags there, and if the Bills can get Tyrod back to the 2015 Tyrod (25 total TD's 6 INT) level, and make the defense elite, who says Buffalo can't replicate this success?

2 hours ago, eball said:

...it just doesn't matter any more.  I actually enjoyed watching the Steelers have their asses handed to them for most of that game, and I'll be pulling for the Jags to beat the Pats*** as well.

Saint Doug is "obviously" flawed, but I'm happy where the Bills are and I'm done rooting for Marrone to fail.  We all know Coughlin is pulling the strings anyway.  ;)

I don't like Marrone.  But he has proven himself to be a decent NFL coach.  Of course, when you look at the defensive talent he had this year it's not hard to see why.  I don't think Marrone is that much better than the average NFL coach, but you could say the same thing about a lot of guys.

I think the way that Marrone left the Bills was ****ty, but I do agree - there's probably a lot that went down with some people's golden boy - St. Doug Whaley that we have no idea about.

1 minute ago, Like A Mofo said:

Douglas Marrone left the Bills on bad terms: He had his reasons that we will probably never fully understand.  He is a very good NFL Head Coach. No bitterness here.

Maybe watching how Jacksonville has advanced to the AFC Championship should also give us a pause about Tyrod Taylor: Blake Bortles got the Jags there, and if the Bills can get Tyrod back to the 2015 Tyrod (25 total TD's 6 INT) level, and make the defense elite, who says Buffalo can't replicate this success?

Blake Bortles is a better QB than Tyrod

Doug Marrone teams are tough, physical, and bring attitude. We saw it here in Buffalo. If they kept that D together they would have made the playoffs. He also wanted Zack Martin over trading up for Watkins, that's why he left the draft room when the trade happened.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Because he's a massive prick who preached "family" and "don't let anyone give you **** for being a Bill" and "don't confuse effort with results" and then bailed because he wasn't praised enough for a playoff-less 8-7 season. The same thing he did to Syracuse. F him. 

This x10. I also do not think he's a great coach, and that Coughlin has more to do with the Jags success right now. But there's no way I'm rooting for NE. Lol

15 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

I do . Tyrod can't throw. 

Tyord would have played it safe and protected his stats.

The ONE thing you should have learned watching these playoff games is that Tyrod would never have kept our team in it.

2 hours ago, eball said:

I'm one of the few who never had a problem with the guy.  I don't think he did "great" in Buffalo, but it was his first NFL HC gig and it was the Bills during the most uncertain time in the history of the team.  After seeing what kind of owners the Pegs were for those first two years, he did the right thing by taking the money and running.  I'm glad he's doing well.

• Like (+1) 2