TYROD TOTAL FRUSTRATION

Irv

12 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Help me understand how Russ Brandon is responsible for our current QB problem.  Do you really think Brandon has any say on personnel decisions?  Especially with the new HC/GM?  

I have no idea if he does just throwing it out there considering this is all happening again.

Whaley was talking big about the QB purgatory but yet he never found one, does OBD have the keys to the car and refuse to let them go?

With Russ still around and the same talk happening with this so called  find a QB fix I am thinking the internal problem could be one that has been here a while calling the shots since it is the same thing with this new GM.

Starting QB still here  with new staff after not being good enough.

OC fired again year one of new staff.

GM talks big about finding franchise QB but settles for lower talent year one.

GM talks big about one not being on the roster in year two.

Just saying the same old story makes me wonder if it is the same old Russ calling the shots.

Edited by xRUSHx

12 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

I don't even hate TT. The main reason I want him gone though is because the constant obsession of people talking about him/bashing him.

It's gotten very tiresome.

No offence to you OP as I am not making it about you, just in general about people talking about Tyrod

You don't understand, the "obsessive people" is THAT is what they do. You take away one bone, they will just find another.

FCOL they ALREADY are hating on the new OC!

When Tyrod is gone they will immediately start "chewing" on the next up.

They are Bills Fan-NOT-ics. 

50 minutes ago, DRutka said:

I think Taylor is a great guy and athlete, just not a great QB. I wish there was a way to restructure his contract, make him our RB2/kick returner and use him as QB3 like we did with Webb. 

i can see the fo pulling off some genius plan. they give tt the 6mil. bonus. then they trade him, glenn, no.21 and a 3rd to denver for their no. 5 pick and chad kelly.

then....they open up a bidding war, demand a kings ransom to slide back a couple. mc d gets his defensive stud along with extra 2nd, 3rd and 4th picks.  draft rudolph at 22 along with washington in the 2nd.

they go into camp with nate as the starter and/or an all out qb comp.

Edited by billsredneck1

26 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

I have no idea if he does just throwing it out there considering this is all happening again.

Whaley was talking big about the QB purgatory but yet he never found one, does OBD have the keys to the car and refuse to let them go?

With Russ still around and the same talk happening with this so called  find a QB fix I am thinking the internal problem could be one that has been here a while calling the shots since it is the same thing with this new GM.

Just saying the same old story makes me wonder if it is the same old Russ calling the shots.

I don’t believe we can compared Whaley to the current McBeane regime.  While Whaley seemed to be more of a scout in GM’s clothing, Beane seems to be a true general manager who has been given a great deal of control (along with McD) in personnel decisions.  Beane seems to be resolute in his decision making; never hesitant to make moves that will improve the roster and the coaching staff.  He has made bold, controversial moves (e.g., Warkins, Darby, Dareus) without hesitation or apology.

I have no facts to support this, but it really feels to me that Beane and McDermott have almost complete control over TJ roster.  And when Beane strongly intimates that goal number 1 is to find their QB, I tend to believe him.  The only “FO” person who I think has any clout in this area is TPegs, and I really believe he has a lot of trust in Beane.

I think they will either trade or release Tyrod, bring in a veteran FA quarterback (although I don’t think they will break the bank for a guy like Cousins), and I believe they will also take a QB early (1st or 2nd) in the draft.  Beane, IMO, tells it like it is, and makes decisions without hesitation.  If he weren’t allowed such agency in his role, I don’t think he would have ever come to Buffalo.

If anything from yesterdays games should speak volumes on QB's in this league.

You don't particularly need a superstar at the position and as Bortles clearly showed, that an average QB would do..........throw the ball up and let your WR's make a play.

I have no idea why a QB who has been in the league for almost 7 yrs. won't throw the ball up and let his receivers make a play.

For some reason, TT would rather dump it off to Shady on every play for zero or minimal yardage and mostly a loss...........flashbacks of Capt. Checkdown come to mind.

Shameful.........just shameful.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I don’t believe we can compared Whaley to the current McBeane regime.  While Whaley seemed to be more of a scout in GM’s clothing, Beane seems to be a true general manager who has been given a great deal of control (along with McD) in personnel decisions.  Beane seems to be resolute in his decision making; never hesitant to make moves that will improve the roster and the coaching staff.  He has made bold, controversial moves (e.g., Warkins, Darby, Dareus) without hesitation or apology.

I have no facts to support this, but it really feels to me that Beane and McDermott have almost complete control over TJ roster.  And when Beane strongly intimates that goal number 1 is to find their QB, I tend to believe him.  The only “FO” person who I think has any clout in this area is TPegs, and I really believe he has a lot of trust in Beane.

I think they will either trade or release Tyrod, bring in a veteran FA quarterback (although I don’t think they will break the bank for a guy like Cousins), and I believe they will also take a QB early (1st or 2nd) in the draft.  Beane, IMO, tells it like it is, and makes decisions without hesitation.  If he weren’t allowed such agency in his role, I don’t think he would have ever come to Buffalo.

Time will tell and I hope you are right and hope I am incorrect. Just worried about history repeating itself.

11 minutes ago, Sweats said:

You don't particularly need a superstar at the position and as Bortles clearly showed, that an average QB would do..........throw the ball up and let your WR's make a play.

I have no idea why a QB who has been in the league for almost 7 yrs. won't throw the ball up and let his receivers make a play.

For some reason, TT would rather dump it off to Shady on every play for zero or minimal yardage and mostly a loss...........flashbacks of Capt. Checkdown come to mind.

Because by doing it this way, it protects the only statistic he has that reflects positively on his value as a QB.

3 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

Because by doing it this way, it protects the only statistic he has that reflects positively on his value as a QB.

I believe you are correct to some degree, and I would venture to guess that his conservative play has been encouraged and reinforced by the coaching staff.

EJ's biggest problem to me was he had absolutely no pocket presence or confidence. Plus he telegraphed all his plays by either having his mouthpiece in or out. Out if it was a run and in if he was going to pass. He was frustrating to me similarly to Tyrod because there is definitely talent and flashes of great playmaking ability. They both just have the inability to be consistent. I have jumped on board with every starting Qb that Bills have rolled out since Kelly hoping that we can find our franchise guy. Heck I was even pulling for Billy Joe Hoebert and Thad Lewis along with the other cast of characters. Man Losman had an arm on him and threw a beautiful deep ball unfortunately he only had one velocity and just about blew over the Rbs on screens. So until we finally get that guy that will bring us to the promise land I'll jump on board and root for the next one until I see he is not the answer either until the next one comes with promise. Because what really matters is whether that Qb is capable of winning us a Super Bowl everything else is just talk.

13 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

I don't even hate TT. The main reason I want him gone though is because the constant obsession of people talking about him/bashing him.

It's gotten very tiresome.

No offence to you OP as I am not making it about you, just in general about people talking about Tyrod

Because he is sorry and you seem to always back him

3 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

Nah what happened was whaley hooked his wagon to EJ and that was the death of him more or less.  By the time he was ready to draft another top qb in the 1st he had lost all pull, and instead of drafting deshaun watson n like whaley wanted to, mcderm traded down and the rest is history.

29 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

On a serious note, how is Tyrods health? He incurred what looked like a nasty head injury and then we never heard anything about it afterward....

Yeah that was vicious.

Edited by FearLess Price

5 hours ago, Sweats said:

Yes!

22 hours ago, Badthingsman said:

We don't need another Fitzpatrick throwing 50-50 TD's-Picks.  But we also do not need a dude like Tyrod so freaking scared of throwing a pick that he ends up SUCKING.  Let the damn receivers make some plays once in a while for cripes sake.  Tyrod could be GREAT if he took a chance once in a while. WTF is wrong with him.  TRY TO WIN INSTEAD OF TRY NOT TO LOSE!   The guys talented.  But where are his balls?

DIE ON YOUR FEET RATHER THAN LIVE ON YOUR KNEES.  

...probably no longer in Buffalo so what the hell is your point?......SMH as usual......

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...probably no longer in Buffalo so what the hell is your point?......SMH as usual......

Can you read?  SMDick

Edited by Badthingsman