Bradford will be the Available Viking QB

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I did not know that.  That's telling.

Don't take it as gospel.  I heard it on ESPN radio in the car this afternoon.  I'd assume it's true.  But from what they were saying, it was indicative of MIN leaning toward BRADFORD as being the guy next year.  So Keenum could be the odd man out.  Could be interesting.

1 hour ago, BillsRdue said:

After today, the Vikings will not let Keenum go. They will keep Teddy as a backup. He gets time to heal up and prove he can be a future guy. Bradford gets a new team.

He's a bit fragile for the Bills to put money into, but I wonder what Daboll thinks about him. I'd take a flyer if the price is right and draft Mayfield. 

The other option would be to trade for Smith, but I would not give up anything more than a 3rd and still draft Mayfield provided he falls to 21. 

Mayfield & Bradford, two 1st round guys from OU as our QB's...that'd be interesting.

On 1/14/2018 at 9:48 PM, B-Man said:

Maybe he doesn't want to be a backup ?

0:)

Do you think any team is going to pay Bridgewater starters money after that injury? Which one? Wherever he goes, Teddy is not getting more than 8-10m? I think he gets a 1-2yr prove your healthy and can play deal. I wouldn't mind if the Bills could pry him away, but I think the Vikes make an offer and he sticks around, gets healthy and eventually takes the job back from Keenum.

Edited by BillsRdue

On 1/14/2018 at 9:30 PM, Buffalo Ballin said:

No way. His knees are crap. I would have welcomed Sam Bradford if his knees were durable.

Last knee injury was 4 years ago. 

Bradford is a high quality QB when healthy. I like him to hold the fort while a younger guy learns the ropes. IF he gets injured, the young guy steps up. If not, you have a 4000 yard passer for half what it costs to get Cousins. 

On 1/14/2018 at 11:02 PM, Success said:

I would actually prefer Bradford to Smith or most of the other vet names usually mentioned.  I feel like he’s had bad luck with both injuries and situations.

Same. He's going to come at a bargain price and he's a top passer. This year's Bills are 11-5 or even 12-4 with him as QB. 

He has had two bad knee injuries. That could happen again but those are lower likelihood injuries. 

On 1/14/2018 at 9:55 PM, Gugny said:

Don't take it as gospel.  I heard it on ESPN radio in the car this afternoon.  I'd assume it's true.  But from what they were saying, it was indicative of MIN leaning toward BRADFORD as being the guy next year.  So Keenum could be the odd man out.  Could be interesting.

I would want that if I was a MIN fan. Keenum is a hot hand but Bradford is a way better QB. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

No to Bradford a guy who end up just collecting money to not play since he is injured all the time. The Quarterback on the Vikings I would be really interested in would be Kyle Sloter if he ever got released. However, I don't see them letting him go. I think they franchise either Keenum or Bridgewater most likely Keenum. Then try to work out short term deal for Bridgewater with incentives if he becomes the starter. Bradford walks and Sloter ends up as the #3 next year.

The wildcard is if someone is willing to overpay for Bridgewater and given his injury would be quite risky.  

Edited by billieve420
  • Like (+1) 1

On 14/1/2018 at 10:57 PM, Scott7975 said:

That team is funny.  It has a tendency to make mediocre QBs look very good.  Bradford had a pretty crappy career and looked good there.  Fools gold Keenum had a crappy career and is one game away from a Superbowl.  Everyone says ooooooo ahhhhhhhh QB.  In reality they were pretty bad before they got there.  We kill coaches and QBs they resurrect others.  

I think Keenum is having a good career so far, getting better with each an everry game. Unlike Bradford, the arrow is pointing up, obviously, things could change for the worse but I think if he can avoid dumb plays like the int he threw against the Saints, that got them back into the game, he can be a succesful starter in this league. 

If we get Bradford, we need to improve the pass protection, he won't survive the month of September with Mills at RT. 

Just now, Fixxxer said:

I think Keenum is having a good career so far, getting better with each an everry game. Unlike Bradford, the arrow is pointing up, obviously, things could change for the worse but I think if he can avoid dumb plays like the int he threw against the Saints, that got them back into the game, he can be a succesful starter in this league. 

If we get Bradford, we need to improve the pass protection, he won't survive the month of September with Mills at RT. 

He didn't survive a month in Minneapolis and it wasn't because he was hit a lot...he has bad knees

My initial thought is that they are only keeping 1 guy, but they have to cap room to potentially keep both Keenum and Bridgewater for at least 1 season if they get creative with the contracts.  They are going to need new contracts for Diggs, Barr, and Hunter after this season, but they have a couple of amazing value contracts on their books. 

Don't see how Bradford is back with them.  I would be interested in him if I were the Bills(on a reasonable contract that with only guaranteed money for the first year).

I really feel like Keenum is the next Matt Cassel. Has one solid season, the Vikings (or another team) will hand him a big contract and he'll fall back into obscurity and mediocre play.

Pat Shurmur is supposedly taking the Giants HC job, would he have Keenum follow? I dunno. Keenum strikes me as the type of QB that needs a really strong supporting cast around him. He's benefited from a tough defense all season and receivers that just simply get open. They don't have the greatest running game but they'll be better when they have Cook back. Giants don't have much of a running game or defense at the moment. And who knows if Shurmur is going to wanna work with Eli or what.

The way Beane has discussed things in regards to building a team, I don't know if I see them shelling out a decent chunk of change for a bridge QB like Bradford or Smith. And what says those guys will wanna be here under the premise of, "Yeah, you're the guy until the rookie is ready." Surely Smith believes he can start and be effective for a few more years. Bradford, I actually read he had contemplated retirement after this last injury. Word was is he's just tired of these injuries happening and having to go through extensive rehab almost every other season.

At this point, if they want a veteran to be in there just to help the rookie then they might just keep Taylor, who knows.

I think theyre only going to keep one. Remember they kept 4 qbs on the roster this year which is very unusual. The undrafted rookie they got this year must be doing very good things behind closed doors. And they were worried someone would sign him. The last time 4 qbs were kept on a roster that guy was tom brady. Not saying this guys gonna turn into anything close to that. But the vikings think very highly of him and dont think they will ikvest in keeping two of the top three guys.

Edited by Bills365