The moral of the Saints win.

Tatonka68

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

Now it's a moving target.  You said first-ballot hall of famer.  Everyone believes he is a first-ballot hall of famer.

That's a fair point that I didn't clearly state. 

9 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Hes the most accurate passer I have ever seen.

His genius goes beyond his great accuracy. He, like Brady, can almost instantaneously process what he sees and go through advanced progressions to get the ball to the receiver. You either have that ability or you don't. 

7 minutes ago, JohnC said:

That's a fair point that I didn't clearly state. 

His genius goes beyond his great accuracy. He, like Brady, can almost instantaneously process what he sees and go through advanced progressions to get the ball to the receiver. You either have that ability or you don't. 

Well y'know that's why he's so accurate. You cannot be consistently accurate in real time without the ability to process and anticipate. You also need to have very sound fundamental mechanics. 

Oh I have seen him throw balls right through a moving tire when in shorts. He can do that too.

22 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I think that most people consider him worthy of the HOF. But I do believe that there are many people who don't consider him in the discussion with the best of the best such as Brady, Manning and Montana. I have him sitting at the same special small table designated for the all time best. .  

He will have more passing yards than any player ever by about week 6 next year. He will be 2nd all-time in passing TDs by about week 11. He will be first by 2019 (he and Brady are currently tied). I would love to talk to the person that isn’t sure he’s a 1st ballot HOfer. I’ve never met anyone that thought that.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He will have more passing yards than any player ever by about week 6 next year. He will be 2nd all-time in passing TDs by about week 11. He will be first by 2019 (he and Brady are currently tied). I would love to talk to the person that isn’t sure he’s a 1st ballot HOfer. I’ve never met anyone that thought that.

As I responded to Starrymessenger I should have been clearer to what I meant. The issue isn't so much as being a first ballot HOF but being considered at the top or near top of the rankings and in the same discussion of the best ever with a qb such as Brady. If anyone argued that Brees was better than Brady I would not be dismissive of that view, although I would disagree with it. But for my money he is in that same lofty GOAT discussion. 

Just now, JohnC said:

As I responded to Starrymessenger I should have been clearer to what I meant. The issue isn't so much as being a first ballot HOF but being considered at the top or near top of the rankings and in the same discussion of the best ever with a qb such as Brady. If anyone argued that Brees was better than Brady I would not be dismissive of that view, although I would disagree with it. But for my money he is in that same lofty GOAT discussion. 

That’s fair. I’d have him in the top 5 I think. He is Marino that has a Super Bowl.

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s fair. I’d have him in the top 5 I think. He is Marino that has a Super Bowl.

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Kurt Warner is in the HOF on the strength of his SB wins. If I recall correctly he won the SB with two teams, St. Louis and Arizona. There were a few years where he was the best at making the quick reads and precisely throwing the ball. He credited that ability from his days in the Arena League where the qb was forced to make quck decisions. For a shorter stint than Bress he was one of the best qbs in the game. 

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Kurt Warner is in the HOF on the strength of his SB wins. If I recall correctly he won the SB with two teams, St. Louis and Arizona. There were a few years where he was the best at making the quick reads and precisely throwing the ball. He credited that ability from his days in the Arena League where the qb was forced to make quck decisions. For a shorter stint than Bress he was one of the best qbs in the game. 

He only won 1 Super Bowl.

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

QB comparative value is something that all of us have thought about. I agree that Brees and a few others have to be considered in the same class as TB. It's not that in saying that I do not concede him to be the GOAT I think less of Brady as a player. It's just that I recognize the importance of system and coaching in contributing to his success. Pats are the best coached and disciplined team in the game and have been for some time. That's Belly and his coordinators. If I was building a team from scratch and got to pick my QB from among the greats Tom would certainly not be my pick.

Edited by starrymessenger

48 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Then he was in two SBs and won one? 

Was in two SB and lost both, alas.  One to NE (Brady's first) and one to the Steelers.

48 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I sit corrected.  In Three superbowls, won one, lost two.  And I should know that,  too.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

58 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Kurt Warner was in 3 and won one.

Won Super Bowl XXXIV 23-16 over the Tennessee Titans

Lost Super Bowl XXXVI 20-17 to the New England Patriots* on Adam Vinitari's Field Goal as time expired

Lost Super Bowl XLIII 27-23 to the Pittsburgh Steelers on Santonio Holme's crazy last minute catch as well as James Harrison's goal line interception and epic run back just before halftime

Edited by /dev/null

27 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Kurt Warner was in 3 and won one.

Won Super Bowl XXXIV 23-16 over the Tennessee Titans

Lost Super Bowl XXXVI 20-17 to the New England Patriots* on Adam Vinitari's Field Goal as time expired

Lost Super Bowl XLIII 27-23 to the Pittsburgh Steelers on Santonio Holme's crazy last minute catch as well as James Harrison's goal line interception and epic run back just before halftime

Thanks for that info. That Harrison interception and stunning run back before halftime was an epic play. 

56 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Gotta feel for that safety. 

Not a !@#$ing clue what he was thinking. Good for the Vikes and Zimmer though. Rooting for them.

Yeah, pretty sure the moral of this game is tackle with your head up...or maybe just tackle period.

6 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He only won 1 Super Bowl.

Possibly would have won 2 if he hadn't thrown a pick six before the half.

Or if Santonio Holmes had not made a diving out of bounds dragging 2 toes circus catch with :35 to play because you know, good QBs don't need great WRs.

22 hours ago, Gugny said:

I will have you know, mister, that your behavior is in DIRECT violation of the TERMS OF SERVICE here, on this here website!!!  You HAD better take caution.

Sorry I hurt your delicate feelings.  Go squirt a few tears while you are living on your knees.   OK gal?

Edited by Badthingsman