I hope this weekend finally kills the "build an offense around Tyrod" nonsense.

21 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I think people are really overreacting to Taylor's performance in the Jags game.

Taylor was fine. Not great. But fine.

It hurts your team when your offense is so incredibly predictable as Dennison, for example, called the exact same play action bootleg to Taylor's right FIVE times in the first quarter for some reason, despite the fact that there was no pattern of success with that play against Jax, so you'd think he'd stop calling it after the 2nd or 3rd time. In the first half the Bills had a 3rd and 13, a 3rd and 10, 5 3rd and 7s, a 3rd and 6, 2 3rd and 5s, and 2 3rd and 2s and Taylor's arm and legs (and one defensive penalty) converted 50% of those 1st downs.

Taylor never should have gone with the P in the RPO but it never ever should've been an O to begin with. And Benjamin never should have pushed off. It was unnecessary. Add in a few drops, a TE who probably could have come up with a catch instead of getting it deflected and intercepted and another TE who couldn't manage to keep his feet in bounds despite a nice converted pass for first down by Taylor.

3 plays I think are completely warranted heavy criticism of Taylor:

1- Missing O'Leary for a wide open TD

2- Missing O'Leary (?) on the right instead of running 

3- Not forcing the offense up to the LOS after Clay's sideline "catch" and getting a quick snap off the way he did earlier in the game with another play I forget to beat Marrone's challenge flag.

Otherwise, Taylor was fine against maybe the most talented D in the NFL.

"Fine?"

Sheesh.  Tebow put up better numbers than what TT shat out in the Jags game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Stop. 

Take an Internet break.

It's making you stupid.

Keenum threw for 318 yards bro.   

Bortles only threw for 215 because he was up 21-0

Foles lucked out that Falcons didn’t pull out the win in the redzone.  They are a Super Bowl team with Wentz 

Taylor threw for 130 yards and lost last week

Your dreams of winning with a terrible qb won’t come true 

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Tyrod is still a better QB than Bortles. 

Qb A ———3687 yards 22 td’s 

Qb B ——— 2799 yards 14 td’s 

You choose B over A ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

A clinched playoffs weeks ago btw. 

Edited by Teddy KGB

6 hours ago, twoandfourteen said:

For months, we've heard...

"You can win with Tyrod!" 

"Scheme an offense around Tyrod!" 

"Tyrod is better than like, 20 other QBs!"

After watching frequent punchline Blake Bortles today duel it out with all-time great Ben Roethlisberger, I really honestly want to see that stuff end. It's not really a local thing anymore, but the national media narrative -- especially the criticism and insinuations, if not outright accusations, of racism regarding the Bills and Western New York concerning Tyrod Taylor's time here have no basis in fact or reality. 

Even Blake Bortles is capable of playing at an entirely different level than Taylor is. 

Last week I'm watching Bortles and saying to myself "he's absolutely awful" and yet he found ways to beat us. Today he makes enough plays to beat a very good Steeler team. WhyRod is done. He'll be a nice little backup but nothing more. Sean made the right decision benching TT, but NP just wasn't ready.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Keenum threw for 318 yards bro.   

Bortles only threw for 215 because he was up 21-0

Foles lucked out that Falcons didn’t pull out the win in the redzone.  They are a Super Bowl team with Wentz 

Taylor threw for 130 yards and lost last week

Your dreams of winning with a terrible qb won’t come true 

Big Ben passed for 123 yards in a win in SB XL. 

Edited by reddogblitz

Just now, Teddy KGB said:

Kurt Warner passed for 414 yards and won SB XXXIV. 

Goodnight sir.   Hotrod still sucks ! 

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

Roger Staubach passed for 183yards and won SB XII.

There's more thank one way to skin a cat.

Goodnight to you too :)

7 hours ago, twoandfourteen said:

For months, we've heard...

"You can win with Tyrod!" 

"Scheme an offense around Tyrod!" 

"Tyrod is better than like, 20 other QBs!"

After watching frequent punchline Blake Bortles today duel it out with all-time great Ben Roethlisberger, I really honestly want to see that stuff end. It's not really a local thing anymore, but the national media narrative -- especially the criticism and insinuations, if not outright accusations, of racism regarding the Bills and Western New York concerning Tyrod Taylor's time here have no basis in fact or reality. 

Even Blake Bortles is capable of playing at an entirely different level than Taylor is. 

What id love is for you to take Tyrod out of your mouth and give it a rest already. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Roger Staubach passed for 183yards and won SB XII.

Jeff Hostettler passed for 222 yards and won SB XXV.

Tent Dilfer passed for 153 yards and won XB XXXV.

There's more thank one way to skin a cat.

Goodnight to you too :)

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I think people are really overreacting to Taylor's performance in the Jags game.

It hurts your team when your offense is so incredibly predictable as Dennison, for example, called the exact same play action bootleg to Taylor's right FIVE times in the first quarter for some reason, despite the fact that there was no pattern of success with that play against Jax, so you'd think he'd stop calling it after the 2nd or 3rd time. In the first half the Bills had a 3rd and 13, a 3rd and 10, 5 3rd and 7s, a 3rd and 6, 2 3rd and 5s, and 2 3rd and 2s and Taylor's arm and legs (and one defensive penalty) converted 50% of those 1st downs.

Taylor never should have gone with the P in the RPO but it never ever should've been an O to begin with. And Benjamin never should have pushed off. It was unnecessary. Add in a few drops, a TE who probably could have come up with a catch instead of getting it deflected and intercepted and another TE who couldn't manage to keep his feet in bounds despite a nice converted pass for first down by Taylor.

3- Not forcing the offense up to the LOS after Clay's sideline "catch" and getting a quick snap off the way he did earlier in the game with another play I forget to beat Marrone's challenge flag.

Honestly I don't think benching Tyrod is a good sign for the future. That's just my thought. It could be that Dennison was so bad he brought the entire offense down. I won't rule that out. They did fire him promptly.

I still think that the Jacksonville game was a golden opportunity for Tyrod to change the narrative on himself. A touchdown and a field goal away from really helping his cause. That is where I would end the experiment but that's only my view and I'm not the coach. 

I'm not jumping out the window if Tyrod is the QB next year. My disappointment doesn't equal the level of disgust you might run into with others. 

I don't care what they do as long as we score more then 3 points in a game. The offense was a sad clown this year. I just want just a little better.

Edited by Lfod

People here are funny.

The Tyrod obsession is unreal hypocrisy for 3 or 4 of the posters in this thread who apparently can't move past this pointless bashing of a QB everyone knows we're going to move past after 2018 if not in a few months. And it's not often about arguing facts with these guys, it's about saying the most absolutely outlandishly hyperbolic and/or false crap and seeing if you can get away with it.

We'll draft our future Franchise QB in the first this year. We pretty much all know that and are pretty much all excited about that. I know I am.

But sheesh! Are you guys going to jump off a cliff if Tyrod is our starting QB going into the 2018 season?

Edited by transplantbillsfan

2 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

I can’t believe you hopped right back on the Tyrod is our qb again horse so quickly. 

Without Dennison he will be back up to 26th ranked passing offense ??‍♂️???

Hey man the COT hasn't changed they still on that short bus looking to continue in 2018.

8 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Hey man the COT hasn't changed they still on that short bus looking to continue in 2018.

Nice job making fun of special needs children gong to school that need a little extra help.  Pathetic.

If you ever have a special needs child you may feel differently about this gross unfunny expression.

Edited by reddogblitz

7 hours ago, BigDingus said:

You forgot "it's the O-line's fault!" or "It's the receivers fault!" or "it's the defense's fault!" 

Refs, coordinators, HC's, whatever...just not Tyrod.

Right on man but the OC got the blame again. OC#4 for him, I wonder if this one will even make it through 2018 with him as the starter.  

I always thought it was a Whaley problem with the QBs here but it's looking more like OBD has been controlling the QB strings now that the same cycle of fault is turning the same way as the last staff. This off season will really put it all in perspective that's for sure if he stays.

Sad how the last staff fired the OC after one season with Tyrod as well. 

Edited by xRUSHx

5 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

:lol:

Just because you say this doesn't make it true. You get that, right?

Just because you say it's not, doesn't make it not true. Mostly because you are absolutely wrong. 

I agree. It looked almost exactly like 80% of Tyrod Taylor's other games against good teams. No points, no passing offense, no clutch performance and one big L.

Pretty much what I went into the game expecting. 

I wanted to be wrong and wanted to see him be the best player on the field. Aside from a few games against the Dolphins, he's never been that in his 3 years as the starting QB. 

• Like (+1) 1

How many of those 45 points the Jags put up were put up by Bortles?

Honestly this thread is sheer lunacy at this point.

We watched a team QBed by Blake Bortles today get the W over a team with a guy who's going to be a 1st ballot HOFer.

We watched a team QBed by Case Keemun today get the W over a team with a guy who's going to be a 1st ballot HOFer.

We watched a team QBed by Nick Foles yesterday get the W over a team with a guy who is the reigning  NFL league MVP and seems to be on his way to the HOF himself.

The last 2 days proved it's not the better QB who wins consistently, it's the better team.

But have your fun in here. Some of you guys are just nuts :doh:

1. Remember this the next time someone brings up that "10th & 12th ranked Bills scoring offense of 2015 and 2016". You know, the one with the #1 rushing offense and 30th ranked passing offense. 

2. So "2 days" proves "consistency". Everyone got that? 

4 hours ago, bobobonators said:

What id love is for you to take Tyrod out of your mouth and give it a rest already. 

You are more than welcome to not waste your time on these threads. The title is pretty clear so you can avoid it if it is something that does not interest you. But I appreciate the view and the reply -- Thanks!