I hope this weekend finally kills the "build an offense around Tyrod" nonsense.

I think Beane is pretty much on record as having said that the QB position is one area (which everyone knows is the most important) where he is looking to improve and he's given some indication of what his thinking is regarding what he looks for in a QB. It's pretty clear to me that they are going to try pretty hard to draft someone they like. I don't get the feeling Tyrod figures in their plans. I suspect he's gone.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, twoandfourteen said:

No... but playoff wins is a good one too. 

You kind of hinted at it... but it's touchdowns! You know, that thing that is basically the goal of the offense? While they may have the same TD %, Bortles has more -- a product of him throwing the ball more. Because he is, in fact, an actual starting NFL QB. I also find it funny that you ridicule "YYYARRRRDZZZZ", the measure of an offense's ability to move the football -- is that because Tyrod Taylor once again is among the worst in the NFL in that regard? 

You won't watch the videos because they show some plays made by Bortles in one game this weekend that Taylor hasn't made in his entire career. Name one big "must win" game against a good team that Taylor was a major factor in winning. Just one. 

Here you go... the passing #s of all the QBs who have played from 2015 to 2017: http://pfref.com/tiny/HGgUX.  

Bortles is 17th. 

You're going to have to do some scrolling to find Tyrod, so I'll save you the trouble. He's 40th. 

Bortles has 500 more pass attempts. Over 3000 more passing yards. 18 more TD passes. Taylor is an ENTIRE season's worth of production behind Bortles over the past 3 years. You could double Taylor's production from this year, add it to his career #s as a starter, and it still wouldn't equal Bortles from 2015-2016. 

There are 30 more INTs, but that would happen when you're actually throwing the ball downfield trying to make plays. I'd rather have a QB trying to win games than one who is far more concerned with protecting his INT %. 

....and Bortles isn't even really all that good! He's a bottom-tier starting QB who caught fire this year. Still, he puts up passing production that is worlds better than Taylor. 

Also, more than anything... doesn't it tell you something that you #teamtyrod guys are constantly defending Taylor against the likes of Bortles and McCown? 

Face it. Taylor is a good guy. But he is a terrible starting QB in the NFL. 

You're throwing out raw yardage and attempts and "workload" as the sole reasons for him being better?

Seriously?

Here, quick, which QB is better since you're stuck solely on stats, and why?

QB1:

7797 yards

61.5% completion %

7.0 YPA

5.1 YPC

47 TDs

12 INTs

QB2:

8760 yards

57.8% completion %

6.5 YPA

5.5 YPC

54 TDs

32 INTs

Edited by transplantbillsfan

Wahhhhh, leave Tyrod alone. Wahhhhh.

IMO.

Truth is he is one of the worse QBs in the NFL when it comes to passing in 2017. He for sure is not a QB worth the amount of money he wants this coming season. Time to move on and stop making excuses as to whom to blame why is not good enough. He is the reason he is not good enough

1 hour ago, xRUSHx said:

IMO.

Truth is he is one of the worse QBs in the NFL when it comes to passing in 2017. He for sure is not a QB worth the amount of money he wants this coming season. Time to move on and stop making excuses as to whom to blame why is not good enough. He is the reason he is not good enough

Whoa, holy crap, dude.

How friggin old are you?

2 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

IMO.

And lucky. Don't forget he gets lucky sometimes too.

16 minutes ago, PeterGriffin said:

How bout 65 yards

56 yards

23 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

And lucky. Don't forget he gets lucky sometimes too.

56 yards

Haha, yeah just not too lucky. He did have to have a pay cut and it must be hard having almost every team in the league laughing at him when they force him to be a QB. His first HC that drafted him traded him because he was not good enough to take the starter roll, his second HC got fired and he has not done well enough to keep a OC longer then one season when he is the starter. Add in games under 100yards and no scoring, throw in benched for a first years rookie and his luck is running really low. 

1 hour ago, xRUSHx said:

Haha, yeah just not too lucky. He did have to have a pay cut and it must be hard having almost every team in the league laughing at him when they force him to be a QB. His first HC that drafted him traded him because he was not good enough to take the starter roll, his second HC got fired and he has not done well enough to keep a OC longer then one season when he is the starter. Add in games under 100yards and no scoring, throw in benched for a first years rookie and his luck is running really low. 

And he got Jack Del Rio fired for laying a 34-14 butt whoopin' on him while defending our dirt. Did you leave at half time at that one too?

Last I heard, Jack's still laughing.

6 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

IMO.

Do you literally have nothing else to do except complain about Tyrod every day and night?

It's actually crazy/weird how much you obsess about him

Edited by billsfan11

2 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

Do you literally have nothing else to do except complain about Tyrod every day and night?

It's actually crazy/weird how much you obsess about him

Yeah a Tyrod thread with people talking about Tyrod, what a concept. Maybe if Redd didn't want to hang out with me so much I would stop talking to him in my reply's about Tyrod in wait for it...yes a Tyrod thread talking about, wait for it...yes Tyrod....Now that your talking to me I guess I will reply. Sadly you gave me nothing to talk about so I ran with it. Have a good night man, cya on flip side 

Edited by xRUSHx

On 1/14/2018 at 6:47 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

Hunh????

14/26 for 214 yards and 1 TD is an "entirely different level"?!?!

Is this a friggin joke?

Tyrod is still a better QB than Bortles. Bortles is just on one of the most talented teams in the NFL.

Amazing.

And nothing that I just said should be taken as we should not actively try to upgrade on Tyrod. But what a joke of an argument to throw one game Bortles has that resembles several games Taylor has had as proof that Tyrod can't even live up to the play of Bortles :doh: 

I like when someone says is this a friggin joke, then goes on to say Tyrod Taylor is a better QB than Blake Bortles... who had more yards Passing? Blake Bortles, who had more TD passes? Blake Bortles, who had more yards passing per game? Blake Bortles,  Who got sacked the least? Blake Bortles, Who had the most 20/40+ yarders? Blake Bortles, who had the better passing AVG? Blake Bortles.... Bortles had more INT, that's because we all know Tyrod want throw to anyone who isn't completely open.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

Yeah a Tyrod thread with people talking about Tyrod, what a concept. Maybe if Redd didn't want to hang out with me so much I would stop talking to him in my reply's about Tyrod in wait for it...yes a Tyrod thread talking about, wait for it...yes Tyrod....Now that your talking to me I guess I will reply. Sadly you gave me nothing to talk about so I ran with it. Have a good night man, cya on flip side 

My question to you. Why are you the one always on the tyrod threads messaging and using the same repetitive argument day and night?

We all get it man. You think TT sucks. Move on. You’ve stated that probably about 1200 times in less than one year

Edited by billsfan11

16 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

My question to you. Why are you the one always on the tyrod threads messaging and using the same repetitive argument day and night?

We all get it man. You think TT sucks. Move on. You’ve stated that probably about 1200 times in less than one year

So I see you in every thread about Tyrod, talking about Tyrod and you do not say anything to me in one of Trans threads but if the thread title is not one by Trans you throw this garbage at me to push me to stop talking in that thread. I never said he sucks, I just talk about what ever someone says to me about whatever I posted. A Tyrod thread title is talking about Tyrod. SMH man just put me on ignore man I have every right to post in a Tyrod thread  just like everyone else on here this is not BBMB where you can control who talks and who does not, the COT does not control the mods on these boards that's what makes over here so nice. 

7 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

So I see you in every thread about Tyrod, talking about Tyrod and you do not say anything to me in one of Trans threads but if the thread title is not one by Trans you throw this garbage at me to push me to stop talking in that thread. I never said he sucks, I just talk about what ever someone says to me about whatever I posted. A Tyrod thread title is talking about Tyrod. SMH man just put me on ignore man I have every right to post in a Tyrod thread  just like everyone else on here this is not BBMB where you can control who talks and who does not, the COT does not control the mods on these boards that's what makes over here so nice. 

1. I rarely discuss him as I actually try to avoid it because I find it tiresome, boring, and very repetitive. You’re pretty much the poster boy for it.

2. You 100 percent have every right to talk about him as much as you want. I don’t understand it at all though which is why i find it weird and obsessive.

3. If you think I’m a Cot or whatever you call it, you really have no idea my views on him. Hint, I want him gone.

If you want to post about him 100 times a day and use the same repetitive argument day and night, that’s 100 percent up to you. Just excuse me when I question you as you are obsessed with a single individual. Because you literally flood these message boards with Tyrod sucks every single day and night.

Edited by billsfan11