I hope this weekend finally kills the "build an offense around Tyrod" nonsense.

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I don't like to watch videos of people claiming to prove an argument.

Not clicking on that.

You must be a millennial.

Funny you say a "relatively important stat..."  not too confident in whatever your argument that I don't currently know, are you?

Please, tell the class whatever the hell you're trying to argue.

Is your argument "QB PLAYOFF WINNNZZZZ"? I mean now that the Jags have a whole 2 of them?

Or you could just do the rational thing and admit that Bortles isn't better than Taylor while understanding at the same time that if you did that you would not also be saying that Taylor is great or even good.

This is just a really dumb argument I probably won't waste much more time on if you continue to pretend to believe this stupidity :doh: 

No... but playoff wins is a good one too. 

You kind of hinted at it... but it's touchdowns! You know, that thing that is basically the goal of the offense? While they may have the same TD %, Bortles has more -- a product of him throwing the ball more. Because he is, in fact, an actual starting NFL QB. I also find it funny that you ridicule "YYYARRRRDZZZZ", the measure of an offense's ability to move the football -- is that because Tyrod Taylor once again is among the worst in the NFL in that regard? 

You won't watch the videos because they show some plays made by Bortles in one game this weekend that Taylor hasn't made in his entire career. Name one big "must win" game against a good team that Taylor was a major factor in winning. Just one. 

Here you go... the passing #s of all the QBs who have played from 2015 to 2017: http://pfref.com/tiny/HGgUX.  

Bortles is 17th. 

You're going to have to do some scrolling to find Tyrod, so I'll save you the trouble. He's 40th. 

Bortles has 500 more pass attempts. Over 3000 more passing yards. 18 more TD passes. Taylor is an ENTIRE season's worth of production behind Bortles over the past 3 years. You could double Taylor's production from this year, add it to his career #s as a starter, and it still wouldn't equal Bortles from 2015-2016. 

There are 30 more INTs, but that would happen when you're actually throwing the ball downfield trying to make plays. I'd rather have a QB trying to win games than one who is far more concerned with protecting his INT %. 

....and Bortles isn't even really all that good! He's a bottom-tier starting QB who caught fire this year. Still, he puts up passing production that is worlds better than Taylor. 

Also, more than anything... doesn't it tell you something that you #teamtyrod guys are constantly defending Taylor against the likes of Bortles and McCown? 

Face it. Taylor is a good guy. But he is a terrible starting QB in the NFL. 

Edited by twoandfourteen
  • Like (+1) 2

Guess who ranked dead last in passing to wide receivers. 

Not Blake Bortles.     Tyrod clearly sucks, I wish reddog and Transplant would stop trolling. 

Lowest amount of passes to wr by terrible Taylor, 7 year record ??. 

Retire the “he’s not that bad” horsecrap.   He is really really bad.   

Edited by Teddy KGB

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

Guess who ranked dead last in passing to wide receivers. 

Not Blake Bortles.     Tyrod clearly sucks, I wish reddog and Transplant would stop trolling. 

Guess who throws the ball less then probably any other starting signal caller in the league and not because he can't throw the ball. The Buffalo Bills pound the football with a run 1st Offense.

Anyone ever stop to think perhaps more reps in the passing game practice or playing field will improve and increase the passing output.

Or how about an elite TE?

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

OMG!!! did you really just say this? YOU OF ALL PEOPLE!!!!! lolololololol

This is CLASSIC.

31st ranked passing offense.    27th in tds.  

3 point performance when the games matter 

The burden of proof is on your crew my man, all the evidence clearly shows Taylor still can’t pass. 

Congrats on breaking the 7 year mark for lowest amount of completions to wideouts.  

He clearly sucks, you clearly are the one playing the troll here. 

I can recommend a tutor if you need help processing the metrics. 

42 minutes ago, Figster said:

Guess who throws the ball less then probably any other starting signal caller in the league and not because he can't throw the ball. The Buffalo Bills pound the football with a run 1st Offense.

Anyone ever stop to think perhaps more reps in the passing game practice or playing field will improve and increase the passing output.

Or how about an elite TE?

Sure 4 Years at Va tech, 7 Years in nfl. 

Tight end will fix it ?

4 hours ago, twoandfourteen said:

No... but playoff wins is a good one too. 

You kind of hinted at it... but it's touchdowns! You know, that thing that is basically the goal of the offense? While they may have the same TD %, Bortles has more -- a product of him throwing the ball more. Because he is, in fact, an actual starting NFL QB. I also find it funny that you ridicule "YYYARRRRDZZZZ", the measure of an offense's ability to move the football -- is that because Tyrod Taylor once again is among the worst in the NFL in that regard? 

You won't watch the videos because they show some plays made by Bortles in one game this weekend that Taylor hasn't made in his entire career. Name one big "must win" game against a good team that Taylor was a major factor in winning. Just one. 

Here you go... the passing #s of all the QBs who have played from 2015 to 2017: http://pfref.com/tiny/HGgUX.  

Bortles is 17th. 

You're going to have to do some scrolling to find Tyrod, so I'll save you the trouble. He's 40th. 

Bortles has 500 more pass attempts. Over 3000 more passing yards. 18 more TD passes. Taylor is an ENTIRE season's worth of production behind Bortles over the past 3 years. You could double Taylor's production from this year, add it to his career #s as a starter, and it still wouldn't equal Bortles from 2015-2016. 

There are 30 more INTs, but that would happen when you're actually throwing the ball downfield trying to make plays. I'd rather have a QB trying to win games than one who is far more concerned with protecting his INT %. 

....and Bortles isn't even really all that good! He's a bottom-tier starting QB who caught fire this year. Still, he puts up passing production that is worlds better than Taylor. 

Also, more than anything... doesn't it tell you something that you #teamtyrod guys are constantly defending Taylor against the likes of Bortles and McCown? 

Face it. Taylor is a good guy. But he is a terrible starting QB in the NFL. 

At one time or another you must have seen a video made where a scary face jumps out at you when your watching? I think it is why he never watches videos anymore. Hate it when a scary face jumps out at you. Haha

If I am not mistaken Buffalo is ranked 6th in rushing this year. Currently 5 other teams that are leading the NFL in rushing also have a QB that throws the ball. The argument that well we run the ball more so of course we throw less is not a good one considering these teams have good passers as well and still have better rushing.

Jacksonville

Dallas

Philly

Carolina

Saints

Tyrod ranked 40th that is about where I would rank him overall as a current starting QB.

Edited by xRUSHx

2 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

The burden of proof is on your crew my man, all the evidence clearly shows Taylor still can’t pass. 

Congrats on breaking the 7 year mark for lowest amount of completions to wideouts.  

Tight end will fix it ?

Your forgot one.  56 yards :)

5 hours ago, twoandfourteen said:

You won't watch the videos because they show some plays made by Bortles in one game this weekend that Taylor hasn't made in his entire career.

Like hitting a WR in full stride in the hands on the numbers after the football travels 56 yards in the air?

10 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

Hey look at that he can get lucky every once in a while years back and I was at that game but.

How about we talk about a game in 2017 where I for sure left by halftime.

Nov.12,2017

Photos: The Associated Press

Orchard Park, N.Y. — On Wednesday, Tyrod Taylor was asked if he was ready for the Buffalo Bills to get into a shootout against Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints. Taylor didn’t hesitate.

“Definitely,” he said.

On Sunday afternoon, it quickly became apparent he and the Bills were ready for no such thing. The Saints held up their end of the bargain in the shootout, scoring 40 points. The Bills’ offense, meanwhile, was a mess. Taylor led the team to a field goal on its opening drive and then never scored again. In fact, the Bills didn’t even reach the red zone after that first drive.

For every punch the Saints delivered, the Bills couldn’t answer back. Taylor 56 yards passing on 18 passing attempts. He didn’t throw a touchdown and had one interception. With just over four minutes remaining in the game, the Bills put rookie quarterback Nathan Peterman in the game to mop up the mess of a 47-10 loss.

"I have never actually seen him do it"

"well sometimes guys just get lucky"

LOL

2 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Tight end will fix it ?

I think all QB's need a good security blanket ( or two )

Brady is a great QB, possibly the best signal caller that ever played the game, but where would he be without a great TE? (BB gets it)

Would the K - Gun/Machine Gun Kelly have blown holes in the opposing D without great play from the TE position?

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

Have to.  You fail to grasp the concept of numbers so let’s see if a video helps ? 

Thanks.

Maybe I have not made myself clear on how I think the Bills should handle Hotrod and the QB situation.

I agree that Hotrod is not a great QB.  However, he is not a garbage QB either.  As demonstrated, we can get the playoffs with him.  The first QB in the last 17 years to be able to do so.  That means something to me.  Our offense took a big step back this year including Shady's ypc dropping by 1.4 and our point total going way down. I think the OC we fired 48 hours after the season was over probably contributed to that as well as the QB.

The off season is when we should try to improve EVERY POSITION including QB.  Key word IMPROVE.  I do not want to just throw away a QB that we can win with on a wing and prayer that we can find someone in the draft or FA.  In my opinion, that's drought thinking.  We're now in the post drought era and it's about winning.  If we can find someone better, we got a great backup.  After this years playoffs are we still thinking backup QBs aren't important?  We got 2 backups going head to head in AFC Championship game.  Cheese meanwhile are sitting at home because they don't have a good one.

I would like to see the Bills keep Hotrod, sign a vet, and draft someone.  Let them battle it out in PS.  Best QB plays.

Passing yards are cool but they are not the end all be all.  The game is played on the field, not the stat sheet.  For example, in week 13 in Cowboys vs Washington game, Dak threw for 102 yards and Kirk Cousins thew for 251 yards?  Who do you think won?  One of them's team won by 24 points.

It's a shame you can't recognize and give credit for the good things hes' done.  Doesn't mean you are CoT whatever that is.  I don't think Nate Peterman is very good, but I will give him credit for making a great play vs Colts on the TD in the EZ to KB.  

However, when someone makes an idiotic statement like Hotrod has never thrown a long pass to a WR in stride on the numbers in 3 years time, yeah, I'm gonna dispute that.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Thanks.

Maybe I have not made myself clear on how I think the Bills should handle Hotrod and the QB situation.

I agree that Hotrod is not a great QB.  However, he is not a garbage QB either.  As demonstrated, we can get the playoffs with him.  The first QB in the last 17 years to be able to do so.  That means something to me.  Our offense took a big step back this year including Shady's ypc dropping by 1.4 and our point total going way down. I think the OC we fired 48 hours after the season was over probably contributed to that as well as the QB.

The off season is when we should try to improve EVERY POSITION including QB.  Key word IMPROVE.  I do not want to just throw away a QB that we can win with on a wing and prayer that we can find someone in the draft or FA.  In my opinion, that's drought thinking.  We're now in the post drought era and it's about winning.  If we can find someone better, we got a great backup.  After this years playoffs are we still thinking backup QBs aren't important?  We got 2 backups going head to head in AFC Championship game.  Cheese meanwhile are sitting at home because they don't have a good one.

I would like to see the Bills keep Hotrod, sign a vet, and draft someone.  Let them battle it out in PS.  Best QB plays.

Passing yards are cool but they are not the end all be all.  The game is played on the field, not the stat sheet.  For example, in week 13 in Cowboys vs Washington game, Dak threw for 102 yards and Kirk Cousins thew for 251 yards?  Who do you think won?  One of them's team won by 24 points.

It's a shame you can't recognize and give credit for the good things hes' done.  Doesn't mean you are CoT whatever that is.  I don't think Nate Peterman is very good, but I will give him credit for making a great play vs Colts on the TD in the EZ to KB.  

However, when someone makes an idiotic statement like Hotrod has never thrown a long pass to a WR in stride on the numbers in 3 years time, yeah, I'm gonna dispute that.

everything about this post is just so RIGHT. 

the only part I don't know about is what I bolded about tyrod and another vet.... I just think with his bonus and to bring somebody in that could actually make it a competition would wrap too much money up into a position where there just wouldn't be a great return in the investment... you either keep taylor and let him and a rook battle it out. or go find a vet qb the OC hand picks and let him battle it out with the rook. but that's just me picking nits.

15 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

This strategy worked well for the Ravens when they dumped Trent Dilfer after they won SB and replaced him with Elvis Grbac.

One small data point.

19 hours ago, twoandfourteen said:

Me too. There are better situations for him at this point in his career -- backing up Watson in Houston would be a great fit. Great WRs and an offense built for his skill set. 

3 games above .500 is a "solid" w/l record? 

Also, let's play "Find Tyrod": http://pfref.com/tiny/Naycx

That interception % isn't quite as impressive when you consider how little he actually accomplishes when he does throw the football. 

I would say that the W:L record is solid, given the caliber of QB's we have gone through over the past ~20 years.