I hope this weekend finally kills the "build an offense around Tyrod" nonsense.

Thanks to everyone who answered my question about your opinion of TT feelings on playing here.

Personally, I think the many options must be going thru his head as well.

I like TT as a person but like many here I feel his time has run out in Buffalo.

That being said, if no other good options fall our way ( I say this under the assumption that OBD will do what it can to acquire a QB they feel

will be an improvement to TT's play) I wouldn't jump off a bridge if he had to stay and compete for the starting job.

I do feel that if he is here after March, it's not going to benefit the Bills long term or TT for that matter.

Interesting day surely lie ahead!

7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Oy :doh:

Look at your title, dude. I was responding to your title there in antithesis.

Did you just not realize the fact that your title directly says 4 games this weekend were proof or are you just a gigantic hypocrite?

I wrote I hope this weekend "finally kills the...."

I used the word "finally" to imply that the games from this past weekend in addition to the overwhelming mountain of evidence that already exists from the past few years would be enough for people to realize that Tyrod Taylor isn't a "QB you can win with" who just "needs an offense built around his strengths", etc, etc, etc. 

So to answer your question: no, I am not a giant hypocrite. I am however, absolutely correct -- as always. 

3 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

I wrote I hope this weekend "finally kills the...."

I used the word "finally" to imply that the games from this past weekend in addition to the overwhelming mountain of evidence that already exists from the past few years would be enough for people to realize that Tyrod Taylor isn't a "QB you can win with" who just "needs an offense built around his strengths", etc, etc, etc. 

So to answer your question: no, I am not a giant hypocrite. I am however, absolutely correct -- as always.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :lol:

Okay, Crusher :flirt:

52 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

I agree that building an offence around Tyrod would not be a good idea. But that's basically only because Tyrod isn't good enuf to get the amount of upside that would justify dedicating resources to such a project. Doesn't mean that it wouldn't make sense to do that for another QB who had special ability and a more diversified skillset ie one who processes information more quickly, sees the field better and who had better mechanics. Houston's offence was successfully retooled to accommodate Watson's skills. The Bill's have said however that they don't want a QB who is scheme dependant. This maybe is a clue to the type of QB they may be looking to draft.

I do think its possible that there is racial animus in the way at least certain evaluators approach the draft. An example of that imo can be seen in the often encountered opinion that Lamar Jackson should consider transitioning from QB to WR.

One of the smartest points I've seen yet. 

Taylor to Houston is without a doubt the best place for both the player and the team -- he's a perfect fit to backup and mentor Watson. I really hope that's where he ends up, because I do think it's a perfect setup for him at this point in his career, and I'd like to see him do well in that situation. 

As far as the racial angle, I suppose it's possible -- but is it because of the color of his skin or because of the physical skill set the player possesses? Nobody suggested to Byron Leftwich to switch to WR, because he was a big, strong-armed pocket passer who ultimately went on to have a nice long NFL career. However, the Patriots made Julian Edelman, a white guy, switch to WR, and it was the best thing he could have done for his career. Now, obviously Jackson is a much better QB talent than Edelman, but if race were the driving factor -- then the actual skills wouldn't matter, only the respective skin colors. 

9 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :lol:

Okay, Crusher :flirt:

You have yet to show me or the rest of the class otherwise. 

4 hours ago, Young34 said:

If I was Tyrod, I'd walk, regardless of what was offered. That being said, he's probably not going to get a starting role in the league, but he could find backup work on a team of his choice, I'm sure.

He was benched for Peterman one week, then called on to start again, leading the Bills to the playoffs for the first time in almost two decades. He had a bad game against the top defense in the league first round, and everyone is again calling for his head. I'd be out in a hot second, because he's not appreciated by a majority of Bills fans. We might of well had Ryan Leaf leading this offense in their eyes.

Grass isn't always greener. The fact that we've been through a ton of QB's in the last two decades proves that. First one to take us to the playoffs with a solid W:L record is being chased out of town.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_int_perc_single_season.htm

Me too. There are better situations for him at this point in his career -- backing up Watson in Houston would be a great fit. Great WRs and an offense built for his skill set. 

3 games above .500 is a "solid" w/l record? 

Also, let's play "Find Tyrod": http://pfref.com/tiny/Naycx

That interception % isn't quite as impressive when you consider how little he actually accomplishes when he does throw the football. 

2 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Sorry, Rangers are going all the way this year.  Pitchers and catchers report in 1 month.

Well, the Astros just added another starter and they might have something to say to the both of us about this.  Heh.  

1 hour ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

I see a frog. What don't I know?

It's pepe the frog which is the current white supremacy icon.  Picture a swastika under a bill's helmet more or less.  "Hatred is baggage."  

Edited by sleeby

7 hours ago, Lfod said:

I think you can be supportive of Tyrod. I just hope you understand that the offense was kind of a joke this year. So naturally Tyrod is gonna shoulder the blame.

I understand that the delivery of peoples thoughts on Tyrod can be harsh. I know you want to defend a guy you support. 

I have reasons why I would want Tyrod to not be the QB next year. It's because I don't believe his side of the ball earned the right to go to the Playoffs with the defense. Even when they got to tag along riding on the backs of the defense they put up 3 points in another game the defence handed to them so they could drop out.

The offense has had a tendency to not score points. I don't feel I'm a bad guy for feeling that way. It could be I am blaming Taylor for everything but bros I never seen him light it up this year enough to interested in another try. Even with all the excuses you could afford him.

I could be wrong. It might be possible every excuse is the reason and Tyrod is the man. I just seen enough personally to not give it another try. If you believe Tyrod is the man and a 10-3 exit from the Playoffs is excusable then we just disagree and that is fine.

Look Tyrod is a fine back up. He's proven he can come in and manage a few games enough to win. He's the elite of back up quarter backs even in my view.

I agree with everything you said with the exception that Taylor is a elite backup. Elite backups get traded for 1st and 2nd rd draft picks, Taylor wouldn't even command a 6th rd pick.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, sleeby said:

It's pepe the frog which is the current white supremacy icon.  Picture a swastika under a bill's helmet more or less.  "Hatred is baggage."  

Thank you. I just read the wiki on him. It isn't as straightforward as that, but I do see what you mean.

Actually that whole wiki article and the detail about the variety of permutations and meanings given to that not so well drawn frog, are unsettling to me. People are much weirder than I think they are I guess. 

37 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Thank you. I just read the wiki on him. It isn't as straightforward as that, but I do see what you mean.

Actually that whole wiki article and the detail about the variety of permutations and meanings given to that not so well drawn frog, are unsettling to me. People are much weirder than I think they are I guess. 

If you take for example Buddhist Swastika has a different meaning then the Nazi Swastika. Basically the same exact symbol but holding different meaning.

Pepe the frog went though the same transition as the Buddhist Swastika. 

Edited by Lfod

19 minutes ago, Lfod said:

If you take for example Buddhist Swastika has a different meaning then the Nazi Swastika. Basically the same exact symbol but holding different meaning.

Pepe the frog went though the same transition as the Buddhist Swastika. 

Very interesting comparison. Thanks

7 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Once again I agree with your entire Tyrod take.

I will ask you your opinion (others please comment) about a question no one seems to ask.

There is a lot of debate about TT staying for 1 more year, what do posters think Tyrod Taylor's opinion is?

If you were TT would you want to stay 1 more year or enter the FA knowing this is going to be one of the greatest QB/Team carousels in history.

I personally think TT does not want to be here anymore, especially if he knows it's only for 1 year. 

IMO Nobody is going to pay him what the Bills will be paying him this coming year so yes he will gladly stay for that kind of money for one year IMO. I don't think he wants to stay after throwing his race interview out there but $$$ talks at this time of his career so IMO it is all up to OBD if he stays. He is also under contract so he has no choice. If it was my choice he would have been gone with Rex.

On 1/14/2018 at 3:52 PM, LA Grant said:

If we were the Jags, there'd be countless threads like "Blake Bortles still can't throw for 300 yards! We're never going to win with him!"

That's because Bortles sucks. Their entire offense is designed so that he is as small a factor as possible.

If the Jags win the Superbowl, I bet they still try to find a new QB. If the Bills would have won the Superbowl, I bet they would too.

Because both QB's are not good enough. You want a guy to rely on, not a guy to avoid.

Edited by MJS

12 minutes ago, MJS said:

That's because Bortles sucks. Their entire offense is designed so that he is as small a factor as possible.

If the Jags win the Superbowl, I bet they still try to find a new QB. If the Bills would have won the Superbowl, I bet they would too.

Because both QB's are not good enough. You want a guy to rely on, not a guy to avoid.

This strategy worked well for the Ravens when they dumped Trent Dilfer after they won SB and replaced him with Elvis Grbac.

Edited by reddogblitz

On 1/14/2018 at 5:52 PM, LA Grant said:

If we were the Jags, there'd be countless threads like "Blake Bortles still can't throw for 300 yards! We're never going to win with him!"

I was in Jax for the playoff game and 300 games came up at the bar and someone in a Jags jersey said BB had 4 or 5  300 yard games this season alone. I didnt look it up but if true that is 4 or 5 more then Tyrod got in his entier 7 year career.

9 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

I was in Jax for the playoff game and 300 games came up at the bar and someone in a Jags jersey said BB had 4 or 5  300 yard games this season alone. I didnt look it up but if true that is 4 or 5 more then Tyrod got in his entier 7 year career.

3-1 record

• Like (+1) 1