I hope this weekend finally kills the "build an offense around Tyrod" nonsense.

22 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

ej and trent didn't have winning records or go to the playoffs. but I wouldn't expect you to be able to use any sense in the matter. so whatever man.

keep spewing your garbage around here.... it only makes you look ridiculous.

Awwwwww so cute.    Get angry because you’re upside down with some worthless Tyrod stocks.   

No one will offer you fair market value for the leader of the 31st ranked passing offense.

1 hour ago, Lfod said:

I think you can be supportive of Tyrod. I just hope you understand that the offense was kind of a joke this year. So naturally Tyrod is gonna shoulder the blame.

I understand that the delivery of peoples thoughts on Tyrod can be harsh. I know you want to defend a guy you support. 

I have reasons why I would want Tyrod to not be the QB next year. It's because I don't believe his side of the ball earned the right to go to the Playoffs with the defense. Even when they got to tag along riding on the backs of the defense they put up 3 points in another game the defence handed to them so they could drop out.

The offense has had a tendency to not score points. I don't feel I'm a bad guy for feeling that way. It could be I am blaming Taylor for everything but bros I never seen him light it up this year enough to interested in another try. Even with all the excuses you could afford him.

I could be wrong. It might be possible every excuse is the reason and Tyrod is the man. I just seen enough personally to not give it another try. If you believe Tyrod is the man and a 10-3 exit from the Playoffs is excusable then we just disagree and that is fine.

Look Tyrod is a fine back up. He's proven he can come in and manage a few games enough to win. He's the elite of back up quarter backs even in my view.

Once again I agree with your entire Tyrod take.

I will ask you your opinion (others please comment) about a question no one seems to ask.

There is a lot of debate about TT staying for 1 more year, what do posters think Tyrod Taylor's opinion is?

If you were TT would you want to stay 1 more year or enter the FA knowing this is going to be one of the greatest QB/Team carousels in history.

I personally think TT does not want to be here anymore, especially if he knows it's only for 1 year. 

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I will ask you your opinion (others please comment) about a question no one seems to ask.

There is a lot of debate about TT staying for 1 more year, what do posters think Tyrod Taylor's opinion is?

If you were TT would you want to stay 1 more year or enter the FA knowing this is going to be one of the greatest QB/Team carousels in history.

I personally think TT does not want to be here anymore, especially if he knows it's only for 1 year. 

If I was Tyrod, I'd walk, regardless of what was offered. That being said, he's probably not going to get a starting role in the league, but he could find backup work on a team of his choice, I'm sure.

He was benched for Peterman one week, then called on to start again, leading the Bills to the playoffs for the first time in almost two decades. He had a bad game against the top defense in the league first round, and everyone is again calling for his head. I'd be out in a hot second, because he's not appreciated by a majority of Bills fans. We might of well had Ryan Leaf leading this offense in their eyes.

Grass isn't always greener. The fact that we've been through a ton of QB's in the last two decades proves that. First one to take us to the playoffs with a solid W:L record is being chased out of town.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_int_perc_single_season.htm

• Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I think it depends on the opportunities and options that he has. If he has a chance to be a guaranteed starter someplace, I think he would jump on that opportunity because I believe he isn't a guaranteed starter in Buffalo anymore in my opinion. 

I think if there is no interest for him elsewhere he absolutely would stick around and contend for the position with any competition brought in. I don't see him as a guy that lets hurt feelings decide his actions. He makes the safe play in the end. 

Tyrod wants to be a starter. I think he would jump at the best opportunity to be a starter even if it was in a competition for the starting role in Buffalo. I'm not sure if another team would be very interested in him honestly. 

In the end I think he ends up in the same situation he was in when he first came to Buffalo. Brought in to fight it out with other maybe guys and he might beat them out if he's the better of the maybe guys. That is my best case scenario for him.

I think the benching was a huge clue. That is a nail in the coffin for sure. I think the final nail should be walking out of a playoff game with 3 points. If the other 3 point games didn't convince anybody.

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Tyrod is a very solid backup.  Tyrod could win as a starter if in a very good team which is carried by defense with his lack of turnovers to make for the +16 turnover ratio we saw early this season when our D was performing well. 

Tyrod is not the only problem, of course.  Our eligible receivers cannot catch passes directly to them.  Peterman saw the same thing which perfect passes bouncing off the guys.  Then there's the O line - which Peterman also enjoyed in his first outing.   And the OC who did not bother to play to his players talents which showed most obviously with tyrod and tolbert. Plenty of blame to go around.

Tyrod I expect will be the starter next season which a fresh round 1 qb draft watching and practicing.  I'm fine with that.  No need to rush the kid in and ruin his career.  Give him a year to grow and the team a second year's draft to further shore up the OL and get or teach guys who can catch the balls he throws well enough.

2018 is not our year - but it should be one year closer to our year and hopefully a preview of who some of the studs will be when that year arrives.  

Until then - the Yankees are a very young offense and likely showing the studs who will win their next so I'm focusing on that and the bills draft; and hoping to hell the NFC can manage to win the SB this year!

Edited by sleeby
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I mean, Tyrod is still Rex's QB, I know that's a meaningless metric but I just cannot stomach bringing him back another year after he got picked apart by Romo in the last 5 minutes of the Jacksonville game. That's not even the first time Romo was critical of him either, the pats-bills game had much of the same. 

33 minutes ago, sleeby said:

Tyrod is a very solid backup.  Tyrod could win as a starter if in a very good team which is carried by defense with his lack of turnovers to make for the +16 turnover ratio we saw early this season when our D was performing well. 

Tyrod is not the only problem, of course.  Our eligible receivers cannot catch passes directly to them.  Peterman saw the same thing which perfect passes bouncing off the guys.  Then there's the O line - which Peterman also enjoyed in his first outing.   And the OC who did not bother to play to his players talents which showed most obviously with tyrod and tolbert. Plenty of blame to go around.

Tyrod I expect will be the starter next season which a fresh round 1 qb draft watching and practicing.  I'm fine with that.  No need to rush the kid in and ruin his career.  Give him a year to grow and the team a second year's draft to further shore up the OL and get or teach guys who can catch the balls he throws well enough.

2018 is not our year - but it should be one year closer to our year and hopefully a preview of who some of the studs will be when that year arrives.  

Until then - the Yankees are a very young offense and likely showing the studs who will win their next so I'm focusing on that and the bills draft; and hoping to hell the NFC can manage to win the SB this year!

Disagree 1000% 

IMO TPegs won't let that happen.

39 minutes ago, sleeby said:

Tyrod is a very solid backup.  Tyrod could win as a starter sometimes if in a very good team which is carried by defense with his lack of turnovers to make for the +16 turnover ratio we saw early this season when our D was performing well. 

Tyrod I expect if fortunate will be in a competition for the starter position next season which a fresh round 1 qb draft watching and practicing.  I'm fine with that.  No need to rush the kid in and ruin his career.  Give him a year to grow and the team a second year's draft to further shore up the OL and get or teach guys who can catch the balls he throws well enough.

I fixed an error.

Edited by Lfod

Well, Sean McD said he wants a veteran QB next year.  I suppose that could mean used as backup and benchside advice but I'd bet the veteran QB starts the season off - unless there's some serious magic in the pre season games from the new guy or Nate.

Edited by sleeby

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

I think Tyrod does want to be in Buffalo.

#1- Shady and Charles Clay are reportedly his best friends.

#2- Familiarity with team, coach and city, which is a big deal for some.

#3- He already knows he's better than any QBs currently on the roster and probably believes strongly he'll beat out any rookie coming in  (that's not me saying he will, mind you).

#4- He's tasted playoffs with a team that just suffered through the longest playoff drought in pro sports and knows the insane atmosphere of Buffalo that comes with it and will want to be part of something more.

#5- He would get paid good money next year in Buffalo in a contract he's already under.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I think Tyrod does want to be in Buffalo.

#1- Shady and Charles Clay are reportedly his best friends.

#2- Familiarity with team, coach and city, which is a big deal for some.

#3- He already knows he's better than any QBs currently on the roster and probably believes strongly he'll beat out any rookie coming in  (that's not me saying he will, mind you).

#4- He's tasted playoffs with a team that just suffered through the longest playoff drought in pro sports and knows the insane atmosphere of Buffalo that comes with it and will want to be part of something more.

#5- He would get paid good money next year in Buffalo in a contract he's already under.

#6 - He will do his best to accumulate more than 60 yards passing in every game next season. 

3 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

If Tyrod does not want to be here, I wouldn’t mind that one bit

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, sleeby said:

Sorry, Rangers are going all the way this year.  Pitchers and catchers report in 1 month.

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

#6 - He will do his best to accumulate more than 60 yards passing in every game next season. 

Serious question: Do you find that the rewards of trolling carry over into your personal life? If so, is that why you troll so much? If not, why do you troll so much?

33 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....perhaps medical marijuana can help................

Does it have to be medical? :flirt: 

I agree that building an offence around Tyrod would not be a good idea. But that's basically only because Tyrod isn't good enuf to get the amount of upside that would justify dedicating resources to such a project. Doesn't mean that it wouldn't make sense to do that for another QB who had special ability and a more diversified skillset ie one who processes information more quickly, sees the field better and who had better mechanics. Houston's offence was successfully retooled to accommodate Watson's skills. The Bill's have said however that they don't want a QB who is scheme dependant. This maybe is a clue to the type of QB they may be looking to draft.

I do think its possible that there is racial animus in the way at least certain evaluators approach the draft. An example of that imo can be seen in the often encountered opinion that Lamar Jackson should consider transitioning from QB to WR.

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

We need a QB and not a RB playing one.  

I hope Daboll sees this and helps  McD and Beane make the proper move to move on from TT.  

he saw it in his last game. made some adjustments. the rest is history, none the less he called the plays and the QB executed. Tua was slinging it.

at this point I'm not even thinking about whether taylor will be able to execute or not. I just have a good feeling he wont be here whether he has another year on his contract or not. 

jmo. 

• Like (+1) 2