Brian Daboll hired as new OC

Estro

Do his four season as offensive coordinator in the NFL with poor results concern me despite working with subpar talent?  Yes. 

Does his experience in New England make me more confident he could be a good coordinator?  Yes.

I'm not thrilled with the hire as I would of liked an offensive coordinator with previous success in that position at the NFL level, but I trust the Bills brass.

As i assume we are drafting a qb we are also installing a whole new offense that is apparently easier to communicate and understand.  Starting on the ground level with it as an organization and Quarterback it could blossom into a very diverse offense.  Im not sure how his feel is as a play caller but assume he is a smart guy and good teacher of the system if both Saban and Billecheck like him.  

The offense makes sense for Mcdermott.  It would essentially be his style of defense applied to offense.  By that not overly complex to understand, and not overly wordy to break down.  

43 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I honestly might have been disappointed with Shula. sorry.

One of my feelings about Beans and Seans is that they have a vision. Not based upon compromise. Moving on from Rick Dennison ( not a terrible Coach by any means ) was likely in the plans all along. I expect more to come over the next few seasons. A vision with strong discipline can surely be achieved. 

Sorry, but if their plan was to bring in an OC for one year, especially an OC who runs a different offensive system than they originally wanted, 1) I don't think much of their plan. 2) doesn't that mean they compromised on their 1st year hire?

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Sorry, but if their plan was to bring in an OC for one year, especially an OC who runs a different offensive system than they originally wanted, 1) I don't think much of their plan. 2) doesn't that mean they compromised on their 1st year hire?

It certainly seems that they compromised, and hoped for the best. If it worked out, you move forward. Instead, we got what we got. Next! I’ll be optimistic until I have reason to feel otherwise. 

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

Did you see the list of QB's he was forced to work with?

He's seen it multiple times in this thread but sticks his head in the sand every time

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

This was not some cheap hire........my guess is he is getting in excess of $2M.

That may seem like a lot to some........but Roman was highest paid OC in NFL when in Buffalo.......and is still getting around $2.5M per year from Bills I believe.

In perspective....... LSU DC Dave Aranda.......a name almost no Bills fan would know....... is highest paid coordinator in college......he was at $2.5M but I think they just gave him a raise.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

This was not some cheap hire........my guess is he is getting in excess of $2M.

That may seem like a lot to some........but Roman was highest paid OC in NFL when in Buffalo.......and is still getting around $2.5M per year from Bills I believe.

In perspective....... LSU DC Dave Aranda.......a name almost no Bills fan would know....... is highest paid coordinator in college......he was at $2.5M but I think they just gave him a raise.

That's insane if true. How long was his contract for?? 

Just now, Steptide said:

That's insane if true. How long was his contract for?? 

I think his contract was tied to Rex, so 5 years?

They might be getting some relief from whatever Baltimore is paying him.........but knowing how the contracts were done at that point of the Pegula reign, probably not.

21 minutes ago, Augie said:

It certainly seems that they compromised, and hoped for the best. If it worked out, you move forward. Instead, we got what we got. Next! I’ll be optimistic until I have reason to feel otherwise. 

I certainly like that apparently McDermott had performance metrics he expected, no excuses, and was willing to pull the plug and move on

• Like (+1) 1