Brian Daboll hired as new OC

Estro

2 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

So Brady had a new OC for 4 straight seasons the first 4 years of his career as a starter?

Xrushx

I'm honestly not trying to be a dbag 

Valid question

Are you defending Tyrod, by saying nobody would succeed with that kind of OC turnover, so give him another shot?

Or are you smashing Tyrod, saying it's his fault he's killing OCs careers?

(Valid questions btw, I really cannot figure out which side you are on)

Just now, xRUSHx said:

So Brady had a new OC for 4 straight seasons the first 4 years of his career?

Once again, you are 100 percent missing the point. And I’m done trying to explain because it’s hopeless.

Nothing personally against you but come on man.

You’re opinion on TT isn’t wrong as he isn’t good enough. 

But just think about some things you say/provide some insight sometimes. 

Anyways, have s good day

Just now, SouthNYfan said:

Xrushx

Valid question

Are you defending Tyrod, by saying nobody would succeed with that kind of OC turnover, so give him another shot?

lol. you havnt been around long enough then.... i'll let you watch how things play out and figure it out.

1 minute ago, SouthNYfan said:

Xrushx

Valid question

OC killer for sure man

Just now, xRUSHx said:

He is still here. Haha, I bet the COT is real cool with it. I am not cool with it at all. 

Golly, really?  It was really tough to decipher this after reading through 39 pages of xRushx butt hurt. Thanks for clarifying.

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

actually I doubt anyone that's arguing with you is that cool with it..... you just say really really really dumb things and so you get argued with.

Hey man all I said is Tyrod has had a new OC EVERY SEASON and the COT jumped to sugar coat 

Edited by xRUSHx

18 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Alabama had a top-five offense in nearly every category, but he does seem to be more of a ground and pound kind of guy.  

Coach Saban can adapt, but he is primarily an old fashioned coach. He likes to run on offense and on defense he believes in stopping the run before stopping the pass. I think that having Kiffen as Offensive Coordinator caused Coach Saban some nervous frustration because Lane was WAY more into the passing game than he was.

I can't prove it and obviously have no inside info but I strongly believe that Daboll was ordered to focus more on the run when he was brought in. That said, he called some very interesting pass plays, this with Jalen Hurts as QB.

I predict that Daboll will bring a strong, well balanced offense to Buffalo. As a lifelong Crimson Tide Fan I am very sorry to see him go. As a Bills Fan I am thrilled to have him in Buffalo, and I do mean thrilled. I strongly suspect he will silence the critics, except for perhaps the most chronic of jealous haters.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Really?  Ask Anthony Lynn about how his career was derailed because of being Tyrod's OC.

You're a troll, go away.

Haha, hey man ok career killer is a bad way to put it for Lynn but to not keep a job as a OC in Buffalo past one year is more of what I was trying to state.

Looking closer at them right now in 2018

OC#1 no longer a OC but a TE coach 

OC#3 has no job

Oc#4 on his last leg in the NFL so Tyrod could kick it out from him after his first season like all the others.

Now OC#2 is still kicking. He has a HC gig, the question is does he keep it considering he was handed a talented team with a franchise QB on it. By the start of 2019 they all could be out of the job of being a OC and Tyrod could be getting ready for his 5th OC.

As for OC killer, he is definitely on tract.

Edited by xRUSHx

1 minute ago, Bill from NYC said:

Coach Saban can adapt, but he is primarily an old fashioned coach. He likes to run on offense and on defense he believes in stopping the run before stopping the pass. I think that having Kiffen as Offensive Coordinator caused Coach Saban some nervous frustration because Lane was WAY more into the passing game than he was.

I can't prove it and obviously have no inside info but I strongly believe that Daboll was ordered to focus more on the run when he was brought in. That said, he called some very interesting pass plays, this with Jalen Hurts as QB.

I predict that Daboll will bring a strong, well balanced offense to Buffalo. As a lifelong Crimson Tide Fan I am very sorry to see him go. As a Bills Fan I am thrilled to have him in Buffalo, and I do mean thrilled. I strongly suspect he will silence the critics, except for perhaps the most chronic of jealous haters.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don’t mind me asking , what kind of an offence does Daboll run? 

Like is it more of a power attack? Is he a run first guy? Does he attack defences vertically or horizontally?

13 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Daboll is probably the guy McDermott wanted all along from the minute he was hired. There was probably no way Belicheat would let Daboll leave to go an AFC east rival, so when to Bama for a year to win a national championship and now he was free to go wherever he wanted. That's probably why this decision was made so quickly. 

Why would you think that? 

Daboll was not going to get another OC job after 4 years as Patriots assistant.  He needed to build his resume if he wanted back in the NFL.  The money was great, and he may have wanted to try it and see how he liked it.  (I heard he didn't like the recruiting)  But, I doubt he took the 'bama job as an interim maneuver to come to B'lo.  That's far-fetched IMO

I doubt Daboll was too interested in B'lo last year, either.  He must know he won't get too many more shots as NFL OC if he doesn't make good in his next gig.  I'm Daboll, no matter how many warm fuzzies I have for McD and WNY, I want to wait and see how my 1997 bud handles himself after his step, what pieces he puts around him.  This year he's got draft picks, he's got cap space, and he arguably got the team to overperform for their level of talent on D.  If they have a plan for QB and he knows and approves it, I can see where the timing would look good for him to hop on board and say "yup, I can take your O to the next level". 

• Like (+1) 2

I thought Daboll had a chance a couple of years ago, not sure who was HC at the time, but I remember he was under consideration. 

My read of his record is that he does great when he has a good QB.  Show me an OC who doesn't, please. 

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Really?  Ask Anthony Lynn about how his career was derailed because of being Tyrod's OC.

You're a troll, go away.

Except the bills were

-32nd in pass attempts

-30th in pass yards

-27th in passing TD

-30th in passing 1st downs

Lynn didn't throw the ball because he know tyrod was a tire fire.

12 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Hey man all I said is Tyrod has had a new OC EVERY SEASON and the COT jumped to sugar coat 

it wasn't sugar coating.... its calling you out when you say dumb things and act like he got all 3 fired when that wasn't the case.... my god you're awful.

5 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Except the bills were

-32nd in pass attempts

-30th in pass yards

-27th in passing TD

-30th in passing 1st downs

Lynn didn't throw the ball because he know tyrod was a tire fire.

right.... top ten scoring offenses and tire fires have a lot of similarities. 

This is a very meh hire but I'll give the guy the chance because he does seem like a grinder.  I do like that he's a local guy (except he went to Frannies, boo!!!) but let's be honest. Who cares about that? I know plenty of WNYers who shouldn't be a Bills coach.  Alabama's offense was painful to watch this year. 

That said, it's all about the QB. Most Ocs are fine if they get the right qb. I do like that he's worked with young Qbs.  But please select the right qb high in this draft!

42 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

You never say what you want other than some fantastical idea that doesn't exist. All I hear is someone with his own pelts and trophies or great rankings as an NFL OC. We hired a guy with 5 Super Bowl rings and a national championship and is plenty good enough for Belichick and Saban. Nobody knows how he will do, but it is illogical to think we know everything about this hire. We might know 20% if were lucky just tp pick a number.

We hired a guy, yes. There’s not any more reason to be optimistic than there is to be pessimistic. As I’ve been saying. The die is cast. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

If you don’t mind me asking , what kind of an offence does Daboll run? 

If they draft a QB early (and they intend to start him) I would expect the BIlls to be a run heavy offense.    They will need a successful running game to keep pressure off a rookie QB.

If the Bills bring in an experienced high quality vet like Alex Smith perhaps, then I would expect they would be more balanced in their approach.

Edited by PolishDave
  • Like (+1) 1