Brian Daboll hired as new OC

Estro

1 minute ago, Behindenemylines said:

Good God yes.  Let's see where this thing goes!  We have 20% of the Intel and try to make 100% of it.  

Trust the process!! 

Yes 1000x.  I don’t understand why more people don’t appreciate this fact. There is an asymmetric knowledge of the situation. We are in a huge disadvantage in the decision-making process because we don’t know anything. Yet everyone claims they have enough information to make such decisions. It’s just awful. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

Yes 1000x.  I don’t understand why more people don’t appreciate this fact. There is an asymmetric knowledge of the situation. We are in a huge disadvantage in the decision-making process because we don’t know anything. Yet everyone claims they have enough information to make such decisions. It’s just awful. 

I'm in the wait and see approach. 

IM0 the best bit of info I've seen all night.  It appears that every former Cleveland offensive coordinator is really good once they leave Cleveland.

http://www.espn.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/11125/browns-new-offensive-coordinator-will-be-sixth-in-six-years

Year Offensive coordinator

1999 Chris Palmer*
2000 Pete Carmichael
2001-03 Bruce Arians
2004 Terry Robiskie**
2005-06 Maurice Carthon
2006 Jeff Davidson
2007-08 Rob Chudzinski
2009-10 Brian Daboll
2011 Pat Shurmur*
2012 Brad Childress
2013 Norv Turner
2014 Kyle Shanahan
2015 To be determined
Edited by Maine-iac
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

I'm in the wait and see approach. 

Although I understand the fan inside each of us being hopeful of the selection, I don’t see how anyone can be anything other than this. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Why Bevell?  Just got canned.

Because Bevell is successful and effective... No OC ever got more out of Brett Favre... He ran top 10 rushing offenses his first three seasons with SEA... He made one really bad call, and had one sh_tty season in SEA.. I'll take two NFC Championships, and a superbowl ring anytime over whatever this Daboll guy did.

Edited by #34fan
Typo

3 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

it's when the auto correct on my phone fixes a word for me and people find it amusing.  I could go back and edit it but i don't care.

admit it....you actually thought it was "mute." 

3 minutes ago, SDS said:

Welcome to fandom.  Your site would be pretty boring if this wasn’t the case.

Just now, Maine-iac said:

IM0 the best bit of info I've seen all night.  It appears that every former Cleveland offensive coordinator is really good once they leave Cleveland.

Year Offensive coordinator

1999 Chris Palmer*
2000 Pete Carmichael
2001-03 Bruce Arians
2004 Terry Robiskie**
2005-06 Maurice Carthon
2006 Jeff Davidson
2007-08 Rob Chudzinski
2009-10 Brian Daboll
2011 Pat Shurmur*
2012 Brad Childress
2013 Norv Turner
2014 Kyle Shanahan
2015 To be determined

2015 was John DeFelippo and he is doing well as Qb coach in Phil. 2016 was Pep Hamilton and he is not good in Michigan. But, he’s only the QB coach. Still bad though. 

Just now, SWATeam said:

Welcome to fandom.  Your site would be pretty boring if this wasn’t the case.

Eh.  I don’t consider adult conversation to be boring. I am not a fan of hot takes. Actually, I don’t care what people believe in as long as there is a logical thought process behind it. 

Which, if someone craps on this selection because of his offensive passing rankings, yet dismissed the QB out of hand, is not logical. At all. Not even a little. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Because Bevell is successful and effective... No OC ever got more out of Brett Favre... He ran top 10 rushing offenses offense his first three seasons with SEA... He made one really bad call, and had one sh_tty season in SEA.. I'll take two NFC Championships, and a superbowl ring anytime over whatever this Daboll guy did.

So in other words, he was successful with Favre and Wilson and therefore he would make gold out of Tyrod and Peterman..... gotcha

6 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

So in other words, he was successful with Favre and Wilson and therefore he would make gold out of Tyrod and Peterman..... gotcha

...............................Daboll couldn't make a HOF'er out of Brady Quinn..........................never be a good OC............I mean his QB was named BRADY!

Connect the dots!

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

it's when the auto correct on my phone fixes a word for me and people find it amusing.  I could go back and edit it but i don't care.

So then pointing out the mute point is moot with you? True that TSW doesn't care about grammar or we'd all get the bute!

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SDS said:

Eh.  I don’t consider adult conversation to be boring. I am not a fan of hot takes. Actually, I don’t care what people believe in as long as there is a logical thought process behind it. 

Which, if someone craps on this selection because of his offensive passing rankings, yet dismissed the QB out of hand, is not logical. At all. Not even a little. 

I think there is at least a little given we have had statistically bad passer rankings but have managed 22, 25, and 19 points.  He had a 1,500 yard rusher and averaged 13.2 points per game.  That is frightening.  There's more to it than that.  Taking a step back he had fairly well rounded approaches in Miami and KC.  It seems very possible he could take a step forward here but it is not what all the "throw for 300 yards" crowd is looking for.