Brian Daboll hired as new OC

Estro

2 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

why cant we sign someone, for ONCE, who specializes in the passing game. FOR ONCE. PLEASE GOD. 

Because this is Buffalo. 

It snows every now and then and we have to play blue collar 1970s football here 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, ricko1112 said:

There were rumors that he might have been Josh McDaniels' replacement next year. Good hire.

Maybe with the turmoil in NE Belicheck is going to ride off in the sunset after this year . maybe he has cautioned his "friends" 

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Does the coaching staff for offense get a shake up or no?

That's the big question.

With McD's offensive coaching hires before Dennison was hired always made wonder McD's role.

My 1st question would be, how much power will Daboll have?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Column today in Indy saying he's the favorite here.

yup heard that as well.......he's as good as gone.....it would be interesting if Patrica leaves as well.....

3 hours ago, ddaryl said:

Do people really  think we are ground and pound team because we choose to be a groumd and pound team or is it because we never have a qb or consistent or reliable enough to flip that script.

I get the impresion that people actually think the OC is some how going to turn the Taylor's inthis league into a Brees Brady or a Rogers.. At best you might gt a poor mans Wilson, but Taylor is just not and never would be a good of a passer as wilson.. Let alone the other 3

Pretty confident that most any OC who has a Brees Brady or a Rogers feels more comfortable designing a more robust vertical attack. Stop geting your shorts in a bunch.. It may or may not work out, but I seriously doubt we are going to just run the football because we are some blue colar old school 70s franchise that cant move into the next century... We simply lack qb talent and our attempts to find qb talent have failed. Nobody has played qb for the Bills and moved to another team and all of a sudden became a great QB. 

If you don't think the Bills chose to be ground and pound of their own free will, then you must not really follow football very deeply.    At any point in the last three years, they could have went and got a different style of quarterback and started that guy if they so chose.    They didn't.    They didn't go get Shady because of their QB.   They went and got Shady because they WANTED to run the ball.   

TRUST THE PROCESS. The Bills aggressively pursued this guy as our OC. The Bills Management knows more about the situation and what they need than anyone here. Even Major Bobby !!! He was mentioned last year as the possible OC. Every year the Pats have won the Super Bowl Daboll has been on Staff. Well that’s the end of that Bill B !!!!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

As interesting as when Mangini left and McDaniels ............. it doens't matter.  If Belichick is the coach and Brady is the QB the offense and defense will play on in NE.

And your headset never turns off helps.

But seriously, I could be the OC for the pats because I'm sure Brady calls whatever he wants to anyways.

Edited by The Wiz

Wow, a little late to the party on this one, but I've been checking out what I can find about Brian Daboll. 

I think the Bills hit a homerun with this hire!

Lets just say that in the hiring process you screen candidates. When the screening is done by Bill Belichick and Nick Saban you are very lucky!

Great hire, hope he gets the staff he wants and especially the QB.

12 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

TRUST THE PROCESS. The Bills aggressively pursued this guy as our OC. The Bills Management knows more about the situation and what they need than anyone here. Even Major Bobby !!! He was mentioned last year as the possible OC. Every year the Pats have won the Super Bowl Daboll has been on Staff. Well that’s the end of that Bill B !!!!

Good God yes.  Let's see where this thing goes!  We have 20% of the Intel and try to make 100% of it.  

Trust the process!! 

• Thank you (+1) 1