Brian Daboll hired as new OC

Estro

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They also have Clay and Benjamin as established targets and a return to a power run scheme that the OL excels at will help the run game. 

It all comes down to QB. If we keep Tyrod, sign another vet or start a rookie. I just want to get with the times and have an OC design an offense around what his guys do well and not jam a system down their throats

Edited by Bangarang

19 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Playing to their strengths. Very Simple. Tyrod sucks at intermediate passing, has (had) a decent deep ball and is best scrambling. We have arguably one of the BEST rushing attacks in the NFL. Rather than force Tyrod to be a pocket passer, do like Chan did and use more roll outs and bubble screens. 

The reason I like this hire is I feel like from what he has done historically is more up my alley than Rico. He has more of an adaptive skill set.  

If he keeps Taylor as his QB his career here will be short lived. 

5 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Basic human thinking? And he’s had 4 years of OC experience. Last being 6 years ago. 

During that time he’s “failed miserably” with the following teams and QB’s...

Cleveland - Brady Quinn, Derek Anderson and Jake Delhomme

Miami - Matt Moore, Chad Henne, JP Losman

KC - Matt Cassel, Brady Quinn again.

My point is that you don’t know anything.

clear?

So Mr Fixit thinks you should drink the kool aid so you're not allowed to have an opinion.  0nly experts are allowed to have opinions.  Looked it up we can celebrate turns out he only coached the 46th worst offense in the history of the NFL at 13.2 ppg so my guess is we'll have to take the starters out by the 3rd qtr vs the Pats next year.

http://mcubed.net/nfl/ptlpfpg.shtml

Just now, Maine-iac said:

So Mr Fixit thinks you should drink the kool aid so you're not allowed to have an opinion.  0nly experts are allowed to have opinions.  Looked it up we can celebrate turns out he only coached the 46th worst offense in the history of the NFL at 13.2 ppg so my guess is we'll have to take the starters out by the 3rd qtr vs the Pats next year.

Read further. Mr Fixit should be the only one writing words.

Stop wasting your time wasting my time.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, dezertbill said:

I like the move.

He has a history of winning.  Five Super Bowls, and a national championship his first year.

He has coached under the greatest HC in pro and college (Belichick and Saban) so he understands detail, preparation, winning, and never letting the foot off the pedal.

HIs past Pro OC experience does give pause, especially since the passing game on the teams he OC were horrible.  But he also had horrible teams (CLE, KC) who had horrible QBs that are all either backups or out of the league.  He was still able to rank 5th in rushing for a 2-14 KC team with Matt Cassel at QB.  That's how you cut your teeth as a first time coordinator, getting your butt kicked on a crappy team with crappy talent)

I'm sure he has learned from that experience as well since it's been five years ago.  Since that time he's won a few more rings with NE and was tabbed by the greatest college coach to run his offense.

This guy was next in line for the Patriots OC job.  Bills snuck in and stole him before McDaniels could make his decision.  He was also Nick Saban's selection to replace Lane Kiffin.  My thoughts are if this guy is good enough to be considered OC by storied franchises such as Belichick/Patriots and Saban/Alabama) than I believe the Bills made the right move here.

I would rather do this then hire a retread like McCoy or Chud, both of whom really hadn't done much to write home about over the last five years.

I say go outside the box and strive for greatness.

That's what champions do.  

Go Bills!

I like this post, and I agree 100%. You knew it was going to go to someone that McD had a prior connection with (as it should), but I'm glad to see it go to someone younger.

He has enough experience to give you confidence, but not enough previous OC jobs in the NFL where you feel like you're getting a guy who's just laterally failing around the league. It also seems like his previous OC gigs were in no-win situations, and never had the time to develop with the roster. I'd be more concerned if he'd stayed with the Browns, Dolphins, or Chiefs for 3 years and never got it going.

I'm optimistic, and assuming he's not complete garbage at his job, I'd like to see him get more than one season, for simple continuity alone if nothing else.

Edited by LA Grant
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Havent got ONE other than he worked with Saban and BB. So what are his concepts. Whats his play design like, how does he look to develop a QB. 

How IS he better 

Why is it you always no more than everyone else?! At times you know more than NFL coaching staffs and FOs... like here. 

Do you know what a contrarian is?

5 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

If the Bills scored 13.2 last week they’d have won, just sayin.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SDS said:

We are UR!

They went 8-0 my freshmen year and I helped organize the playoff bus to the playoff game. We had tons of people at the games. 

It has been a couple of years since I went to a Homecoming game.

Blows my mind a U of R player/grad is the Bills OC.

Good stuff. 

I double hope he does well.

17 minutes ago, hemma said:

Wow.  Never thought I would ever see a guy that played for and graduated from the University of Rochester ascend to these heights.

Some U of R (Division III) games have < 100 people watching.

Hey, RIT doesn't even have a football team anymore (wasn't much when they had one either) but we still churned out tom coughlin.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Why is it you always no more than everyone else?! At times you know more than NFL coaching staffs and FOs... like here. 

Do you know what a contrarian is?

Do you know what a debate is?

an Opposing View is?

and how lazy it is to say NFL coaches and FO know everything?

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Hey, RIT doesn't even have a football team anymore (wasn't much when they had one either) but we still churned out tom coughlin.

I've lived in Rochester for 37 years and I didn't even know that.

Thanks!