Brian Daboll hired as new OC

Estro

22 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Joe DeFillipino 

Chud

Bevell

and no its not that i dont like the hire. There was NO need to rush to hire Brian Daboll. And yes i get sick of the well great hire worked with BB and Saban crap pretty easy. 

If your gonna scream great hire have some real substance 

Good names except for bevell.

I don't think they rushed it because they wanted him last year(he wasn't blocked from coming here). 

I'm not thrilled but I'm not disappointed either. I will wait to see the staff changes.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

I get it. But i am trained to fight. So when people want to try and gang and corner they get to see the cornered dog attack. But then just report me for crusading or whatever that is. 

Yawn.  You are one of 1000 “I’m just trying to talk football- why is everyone picking on me?“ guys that have come through here the last two decades.  I can assure you, 100% of the time, whenever someone posts “it’s everybody else not me” – it is always that person. Always. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SDS said:

The manner in which you choose to discuss topics is highly disruptive,  highly repetitive, and unnecessarily grating to other community members. Honestly, I’m literally the last person who hasn’t voted to pull the plug. 

No one here is required to prove anything to you but you continue to needlessly berate them.  Well guess what, this is a Buffalo Bills fan community. It is not unreasonable for members to see the bright side of situations.  It is not unreasonable for people to be hopeful. 

Its also not unreasonable for people not to like every single thing either is it?  Is asking a question to someone that quotes me is wrong or berating people really should see what happens to Chad when he posts. I am sure the same people that go after him and bait me are the same ones sending then reports. 

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

I call bullsh*t on all of these reports. Dundick Chad says "we" didn't report this. It's lies I tell you, all lies. 

It’s time to move on and discuss Buffalo Bills football. Thank you. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SDS said:

Yawn.  You are one of 1000 “I’m just trying to talk football- why is everyone picking on me?“ guys that have come through here the last two decades.  I can assure you, 100% of the time, whenever someone posts “it’s everybody else not me” – it is always that person. Always. 

Ha. True everywhere. Every time.

31 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

So HOW IS THIS WORSE than Dennison?

See what I did there? Point is, you don't know if it is or isn't better because he hasn't call ed his first game yet with the Bills. Neither do I. I'm taking a wait and see approach and am hoping that he does well. You're talking in absolutes that he will be worse which is blatantly ridiculous. You would've been the first one screaming from the mountaintop had they retained Dennison. Fact is, you're not happy unless you have something to complain about whether legit or not. Even SDS called you out in this thread.

I do not know if it will be better or not - he sounds like a great teacher which is very important to McD.  He also has cut his teeth with some of the best coaches in the world and that is important.

Where I will agree with Maj is based upon his history as OC he is worse than Dennison.  His rankings in both passing and points are lower than Dennisons and he really showed very little most of the year at Alabama.  I understand that he has had garbage at QB to work with, but so has Dennison and at least Dennison has had some success as an NFL OC.

So we can all sit and argue whether he will be better or not.  Since he has not developed any QBs at any levels - this makes the hiring of a QB coach that much more important.  I think Daboll will be fine, but he is not the guy I want developing my young QB.  If they get a nice QB coach then this hire will matter less, but if they do not get someone to develop the QB - then this hire was probably a mistake.

That is my opinion.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Its also not unreasonable for people not to like every single thing either is it?  Is asking a question to someone that quotes me is wrong or berating people really should see what happens to Chad when he posts. I am sure the same people that go after him and bait me are the same ones sending then reports. 

Absolutely. It’s everyone else. It’s not you at all. Despite the fact there have been people posting here for decades and have tens of thousands of posts everyone has decided to unnecessarily choose you to pick on. It’s their fault. You bear no responsibility. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

It’s time to move on and discuss Buffalo Bills football. Thank you. 

That was my point on how I see people gang up. Just that when your the loudest you get the most attention. Big targets easy to hit.

Edited by Lfod

10 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

He doesn't force players into his system, he tailors his system to his players. That is my big takeaway from all that I am reading. Total 180 from Dennison.

3 of those 4 years as OC were for $hit teams, and he didn't get fired from one of them. In fact, from what I can gather, he has NEVER been fired from a pro job...

I do like tailoring to a players skill set. But can i ask you what that means to you?  Is it limiting your systems to fit a player. Or chaning little nueances to fit a player (ala chan to Stevie. I dont care how you get there but you have to be at this depth by this point)

Neither excited nor dismayed, just curious.

He was not successful as an OC in prior gigs.   But that was years ago in crappy situations.

I wonder how much he learned since then under Belichick and Saban, and during those years when he had a chance to reflect on how he might do it differently if he had the chance to be a NFL OC again.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

I do like tailoring to a players skill set. But can i ask you what that means to you?  Is it limiting your systems to fit a player. Or chaning little nueances to fit a player (ala chan to Stevie. I dont care how you get there but you have to be at this depth by this point)

Take a breath, you have all year to learn about him. 

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

Absolutely. It’s everyone else. It’s not you at all. Despite the fact there have been people posting here for decades and have tens of thousands of posts everyone has decided to unnecessarily choose you to pick on. It’s their fault. You bear no responsibility. 

Yeah thats EXACTLY what I posted said. I get it its the good ole boy system

18 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Bills hire Brian Daboll from Alabama as OC before Patriots can bring him back in fold

Nick Saban's coordinator is now working with Sean McDermott in Buffalo

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

There was a good chance Brian Daboll was going to end up back in the NFL after doing an outstanding job coordinating the Alabama Crimson Tide's offense this season. And he did, but he ended up on a different AFC East team than anyone expected, joining the Buffalo Bills as their offensive coordinator. 

The team announced the move on Sunday afternoon

You do understand that this is still speculation, right? 

He's hired, hope he knows what he's doing.

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

So what kind of offense does this guy run? What does he like to do? 

Im obviously very underwhelmed by this hire but I’d at least like to know what I will be watching on Sundays.

How are you underwhelmed if you don't know his philosophy?

• Like (+1) 1