Brian Daboll hired as new OC

Estro

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Four years of Results in the NFL level at OC should give anyone pause add in another OC never to play the position of QB 

He doesn't force players into his system, he tailors his system to his players. That is my big takeaway from all that I am reading. Total 180 from Dennison.

3 of those 4 years as OC were for $hit teams, and he didn't get fired from one of them. In fact, from what I can gather, he has NEVER been fired from a pro job...

6 minutes ago, Magox said:

Crusading.

You do that quite a bit, as a matter of fact you are a habitual serial crusader.  But that's neither here nor there.  I'm not in favor of banning people.

Where am i crusading. Most of my posts actually are defending myself against callouts or repsonding to people. I actually have made very little comments on the hire initially but dont post a negative comment then everyone comes at you 

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

One thing that needs to be said is that in Daboll's previous stops as OC, two of them were under two very crappy offensive HC who stuck their mitts all over the offense, Mangenius and Tony Sporano. So it's hard to even blame him for much of it. The one time with a defensive HC, Romeo Crennell in KC, unsurprisingly he had a good run game (Jamaal Charles) and a crappy passing game (the floundering Matt Cassel).

Ah okay, that makes sense. I haven't looked into it yet but this begins to answer my major question when glancing at Daboll's resume -- why was he bounced from so many NFL teams after one season? 

Seems like he kept finding himself in no-win situations.

2 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

Nothing matters until we know who the QB will be. Does hiring a coach from college indicate they intend to draft and start a rookie QB?

This actually leads me to believe they are going after a vet they plan on starting in the short term. I think they still draft a guy high to bring along though. 

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

One thing that needs to be said is that in Daboll's previous stops as OC, two of them were under two very crappy offensive HC who stuck their mitts all over the offense, Mangenius and Tony Sporano. So it's hard to even blame him for much of it. The one time with a defensive HC, Romeo Crennell in KC, unsurprisingly he had a good run game (Jamaal Charles) and a crappy passing game (the floundering Matt Cassel).

Decent pts Kelly...

Can he develop a rookie QB? This is prob my biggest concern.

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Bills hire Brian Daboll from Alabama as OC before Patriots can bring him back in fold

Nick Saban's coordinator is now working with Sean McDermott in Buffalo

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

There was a good chance Brian Daboll was going to end up back in the NFL after doing an outstanding job coordinating the Alabama Crimson Tide's offense this season. And he did, but he ended up on a different AFC East team than anyone expected, joining the Buffalo Bills as their offensive coordinator. 

The team announced the move on Sunday afternoon

That was an awesome article. B!tch slapping the Patricheats by taking their guy!!!:thumbsup:

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, baskin said:

So any success he has had does not count....

Maybe if it was a huge success on offense.  We did hire him as an offensive coordinator.  Alabama had the best defense.  We didn't hire him to coach defense.  In three stints in the NFL he's averaged 17 points.  Dennison in his worst season did better than that.  Rumors that he might get hired here or there pretty much mean nothing.  When he's been an 0C he's done nothing.  What is the logic that would lead one to believe a guy who averages 17 ppg is going to take a group that averaged 19ppg and get it to score anywhere near enough to beat Brady?

Just now, PastaJoe said:

Nothing matters until we know who the QB will be. Does hiring a coach from college indicate they intend to draft and start a rookie QB?

Normally I would say yes, but Daboll was only at Bama for one year, so he wasn't involved in all of the recruiting etc. Alabama did not play against any of the top quarterbacks in this year's draft. 

The only quarterback to beat Bama this year? Jarrett Stidham who is going back to Auburn next season. 

7 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Very valid point. A counter-point makes for a better conversation. I am not drinking the kool aid, but I like thehire based on what I saw a young, raw team in Alabama do with a QB that had a noodle arm and was softer than a down pillow. Once he had his QB in place, things opened up and it was a juggernaut on O. Get him a middle-of-the-pack starter and I am excited. Get him a franchis QB (I'm looking at you Mr Cousins) and we are looking at a contender. Just my opinion.

Ok now i get that and can offer a counter to that as well. The issue i have with any (not just Daboll) OF coming from the college ranks is it is easier to design and call offenses for the college game. Because really of the hashes and the athletic differences from players. 

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

Decent pts Kelly...

Can he develop a rookie QB? This is prob my biggest concern.

So many elements go into the development of a rookie or young QB that to me it's impossible to really gauge it. Obviously, the rookie has to have elite talent. Less than a third of them do. They have to be coachable, extremely hard workers, have playmakers around them and blockers in front of them.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Lfod said:

You let people get in your head and stir you up man. You don't always have to defend your opinion. People disagree sometimes. I said Tyrod was a back up once and that's all I could see him as. I got a paragraph response in opposition I never responded too.

I've seen you get targeted and grouped up on but you also have made yourself a big target by being the loudest. Like whoever is the loudest wins the argument. 

I get it. But i am trained to fight. So when people want to try and gang and corner they get to see the cornered dog attack. But then just report me for crusading or whatever that is. 

• Haha (+1) 2