Brian Daboll hired as new OC

Estro

8 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Please, please keep telling me the stories about how you met him and he's a nice guy because as of right now I can not fine even one reason to like this hire.  Please tell me one place, one offense he's coached that was great.  Let's face it even at Alabama the offenses job was pretty much not to screw it up for the defense.

I guess Saban and Bellichec shared your view....

Do people really  think we are ground and pound team because we choose to be a groumd and pound team or is it because we never have a qb or consistent or reliable enough to flip that script.

I get the impresion that people actually think the OC is some how going to turn the Taylor's inthis league into a Brees Brady or a Rogers.. At best you might gt a poor mans Wilson, but Taylor is just not and never would be a good of a passer as wilson.. Let alone the other 3

Pretty confident that most any OC who has a Brees Brady or a Rogers feels more comfortable designing a more robust vertical attack. Stop geting your shorts in a bunch.. It may or may not work out, but I seriously doubt we are going to just run the football because we are some blue colar old school 70s franchise that cant move into the next century... We simply lack qb talent and our attempts to find qb talent have failed. Nobody has played qb for the Bills and moved to another team and all of a sudden became a great QB. 

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, fridge said:

You're taking more stock in a couple quotes than actual facts.

This has nothing to do with "the guy I wanted." I didn't even really have a guy or look that deeply into the options.  I just wanted a modern NFL offense, and this guy has finished dead last in passing offense 50% of the time he's been an OC.  I get it, I get it, it's all about the QB, but we don't have one yet and I think it's perfectly reasonable to be nervous about this hire.

I'll stand behind McDermott because the teams appears to be headed in the right direction, but this is not the style of offense I enjoy watching, and so far it's not a very successful NFL offense.

I never named you by name but you obviously feel that you fall into this category. I won't argue. You're certainly entitled to your opinion but those that definitively "know" that this is a bad hire are being absolutely ridiculous.

1 minute ago, ExWNYer said:

You have been nothing but a black cloud of gloom and doom on this board and you continue with flimsy, "everything sucks" takes even after the end of the drought. He might be a great hire, he might not be but one thing is certain...you don't know either way at this point. They've made their choice and it's not changing before this season. How about for once, you try seeing how things play out instead of thinking that you know everything and STFU. smh

Nah I wont. But thanks for asking and good response have no data on the hire so go after me for not liking it cool. I hope i am wrong and i even said this hire doesnt matter anyway if you get a legit QB. 

But we dont have one so yes the fact in his other NFL and College OC stints the QB play has sucked. The passing offenses have sucked. Sorry i dont put my Bills glasses on for every move they do. So HOW IS THIS BETTER than Dennison 

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Not a fan of this at all.  What has he done to earn this opportunity?  Failed in 4 previous NFL jobs badly. Regardless of talent, what’s he done to show he would succeed with talent?

When I think of Alabama, I think Defense and rushing attack. 

Besides Amari Cooper, I can’t think of a successful NFL QB/WR he’s coached. 

I’m trusting the process,  but I just don’t get the faith he will succeed

Jesus.  So while his ability is apparent to some of the top football coaches that have ever coached, because it is not clear to YOU then that is all that matters - the guy in a house somewhere with NFL.com on his browser and no actual knowledge of his ability as a coach. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He didn't coach Cooper at Alabama. He was in the NFL at the time with only one year coaching for Saban in 2017. 

Thank you.

1997 William & Mary (REC)
1998–1999 Michigan State (GA)
2000–2001 New England Patriots (DA)
2002–2006 New England Patriots (WR)
2007–2008 New York Jets (QB)
2009–2010 Cleveland Browns (OC)   HC Fired
2011 Miami Dolphins (OC)  HC Fired
2012 Kansas City Chiefs (OC)  HC Fired
2013 New England Patriots (OA)
2014–2016 New England Patriots (TE)
2017–present Alabama (OC/QB)

The good news is he will use Shady and he will use Charles Clay. Quarterback is still a huge question mark, but I feel like this is a good hire. I'm telling you NFL insiders will love it. Buffalo press will hate it quoting offensive statistics for those awful teams he was a part of. 

The one thing about Belicheat is that he doesn't work with dumb coaches. Daboll has to be a smart guy. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Pretty obvious that you're complaining just to complain.  Carry on. 

Try copying and pasting the dictionary definition of obvious, you’ll see that’s not the case. 

I said why I wasn’t a fan. 

I don’t have a history of complaining just to complain. You do have a history of being fairly critical of my posts for some reason, but I’ll don’t care enough to know why. 

Keep on keeping on 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Remember Dennison scoring 18.9 and getting fired?  This guy averages 17 over 4 seasons.  Just saying.

I really don't give a rats ass what he did with a poor Browns team over 9 years ago,

I read that Coaches everyone respects,  speak well of him.

He's a great hire.

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 1