I'll be first to ask: Would you fire Mike Tomlin?

Ennjay

He's not a bad coach but he's not special either -- he's no legend.  Seems to me the Steelers are kind of stale and they should have done better most of this year, not just today.  Would you rearrange the coaching just to freshen things up?  Or leave things as they are and hope for better results next year?

Tomlin will be around for at least another 5 years, he just signed an extension at the beginning of this season.  I have family in Pittsburgh, who tell me Tomlin gets questioned in the local media.

6 minutes ago, Ennjay said:

He's not a bad coach but he's not special either -- he's no legend.  Seems to me the Steelers are kind of stale and they should have done better most of this year, not just today.  Would you rearrange the coaching just to freshen things up?  Or leave things as they are and hope for better results next year?

I agree totally.  I thought the same way for the last 4 or 5 years.  He is good, don't get me wrong.  But, comparing apples to apples in the same era I would prefer Marty Schottenheimer over Tomlin.

2 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

With the Talent the Steelers have they should be making deep playoff runs every year. I don't think Tomlin is anything more than a slightly above average HC.

Good defense.  Top 10 QB and he is clutch, maybe top 5.  Top 3 RB and #1 WR.  Some sick talent!  Underperforming.

The onside kick decision was horrible.   He'll get ripped for that and rightfully so.  A kickoff and a 3 and out or close which is far more likely than getting possession with an onside kick gets you the ball with some time still down by only 7.  Bonehead call.  Absolutely awful. 

• Like (+1) 2