GDT: Jax at Pitt

John in Jax

3 minutes ago, ThunderGun said:

Pitt just got to beat up on a bad division, and conference in general... Over hyped, Ben is vastly overrated as a QB, always has been. He's only as good as his skill positions... Two meetings at home vs Jacksonville and they can't even keep it competitive.

Lol he’s a first ballot hall of famer. 

Just now, Teddy KGB said:

Nonsense.    Big Ben is an all time talent.  

He's been a franchise QB for over a decade. You could argue he isn't as good as the 3-5 other franchise QB's at various stages of his career, but that is about the most his detractors could say. 

1 minute ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Isn't every QB as good as their skill positions really? 

Apparently not... Apparently every QB should be like Brady and be able to win even without his weapons like Gronk... People have been grilling Tyrod all year.  I still say about 20/30% of the blame falls on his shoulders, the rest was on Dennison and a lack of skill players, both at WR and RB (behind Shady obviously, no #2)

Just now, Elite Poster said:

8-6 with 2 rings. Yeah he's awful.

Exactly. Hilarious how people are spewing on Tomlin and Big Ben today considering the crap franchise we’ve had to endure for the past 17 seasons. This franchise hasn’t seen a good head coach or qb during this time. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ThunderGun said:

Apparently not... Apparently every QB should be like Brady and be able to win even without his weapons like Gronk... People have been grilling Tyrod all year.  I still say about 20/30% of the blame falls on his shoulders, the rest was on Dennison and a lack of skill players, both at WR and RB (behind Shady obviously, no #2)

Well I disagree, but to each their own. Dennison certainly didn't help Taylor,  but I don't know what any OC can do to help him see the field and make throws that are there.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

Seems like a lot of you think Jacksonville has a better shot at New England. Sometimes the Patriots can be beat with a great defensive team, but I think you need a top 5 QB to have a chance this year. You need to match points. 

I agree. BB can confuse aQB like Bortles but BenR has seen it all

Edited by Fan in Chicago

4 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

8-6 with 2 rings. Yeah he's awful.

Funny, all the Brady hate, nobody mentions an "*" next to that first Superbowl Win Ben Got...  That was Steelers D, and Refs that won him his first Bowl...

Sorry, Ben's not my type of QB, glad he didn't fall to us... Rather have a drought than a sexual predator.

4 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

Seems like a lot of you think Jacksonville has a better shot at New England. Sometimes the Patriots can be beat with a great defensive team, but I think you need a top 5 QB to have a chance this year. You need to match points. 

Jags score a lot of points defensively. 

4 minutes ago, 1st&ten said:

A little bit. I think the trade was a wake up call for him. Let's see if he stays out of trouble this off season & next year.

Either way I'm content with it. It helps out our future in many ways, bad investment from the start.