We should trade for Dalton...

bills6969

57 minutes ago, Whodey1967 said:

I know right? 3 time Pro Bowler and 17th best career passer rating all time...he must really suck.

Yeah, cause that's totally what I said. Reading comprehension, kid. Learn it.

1 hour ago, RobH063 said:

He did the Bills a solid. Made a play and the Bills squeaked into the playoff's. Bills fans batted their eyelashes at him and their hearts were all a flutter. The Bills were then one and done. Yup. Lets trade for a guy that is average at best. That's the way to build a championship team. My God, get a clue.

Oh don't worry, those same people would be first in line to trash him and call the Bills stupid for trading for him the moment he had a bad game.

1 hour ago, billsredneck1 said:

what's the public opinion there of a.j.?

The bandwagon fans LOVE HIM...us old realistic fans think he is a forever backup QB.

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Why I like trading for Dalton more than some of the other alternatives:

1. One year left on his contract. If he performs well and the Bills (surprisingly, from my perspective) appear to be a team on the upswing, you can franchise tag him or re-sign him. If he doesn't perform well, and/or some of the Bills' other deficiencies make it obvious that we're still a couple years away, you let him walk. No dead cap problems, etc.

2. Look, I liked (and still do) the idea of a complete rebuild. Having said that, we caught lighting in a bottle this year. And there is some significant talent still around. McCoy will almost certainly be back. Benjamin is under contract for one more year, and I would like to see what he can do in a contract season with a reasonably healthy knee and a reasonably competent QB. Clay is still here, and is (right now) probably too expensive to dump. There is an argument to be made for trying to compete for the playoffs again in 2018, and for upgrading the QB position without mortgaging the future by either (a) trading a boatload of draft picks to snatch a Baker Mayfield; or (b) committing Bitcoin billionaire type money to a Dalton-esque Cousins.

Dalton is signed through 2020. 

52 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Oh don't worry, those same people would be first in line to trash him and call the Bills stupid for trading for him the moment he had a bad game.

2 points....1: you said he isn't that good of a QB...and I say he is. I comprehended perfectly.

2. I'm most likely old enough to be your dad, so shove the "kid" remark.

57 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

He gets the same BS in Cincy.

9 minutes ago, Whodey1967 said:

2 points....1: you said he isn't that good of a QB...and I say he is. I comprehended perfectly.

2. I'm most likely old enough to be your dad, so shove the "kid" remark.

He gets the same BS in Cincy.

Yes, I said he wasn't *that* good. I never said anything about "suck".

Words matter, kid.

1 hour ago, cage said:

I'm not sure if that's quite the right trade, but if we do draft a young QB and have him mentored for 1-2 season's Dalton would be better to do that than Tyrod for several reasons.  Tyrod is a unique QB and what works for him, is unlikely to work for whoever we draft.  As the starter for this team, I think it would be difficult for him to transition to placeholder.  Dalton, while having his own issues could be successful with this team if we're able to acquire some better receiving assets than we have now.... maybe it could work?!?

Right on man. I was throwing the Glenn trade in because it was brought up in another thread while throwing Tyrod in was a lol to me. Doubt they would even want Tyrod on such a big contract and how bad of a QB he is.. I would think to get Dalton a 2nd rd pick this year and next might get them to bite but doubt they even trade him. 

BTW I really like your profile picture BB helmet, is it one you made?

Edited by xRUSHx