We should trade for Dalton...

bills6969

He belongs in Buffalo...his name is forever etched into Bills history.  I feel like he's part of the Bills family now.  He got us to our first playoff game in 17 years, and now he will take us to the Super Bowl.  What a great story that would be...

Trade Glenn and Tyrod for him, draft a QB early and for sure I would ride that Dalton bridge a few seasons with a young prospect developing behind him. He for sure is more of a mentor then Tyrod and would also be on the same scheme as the prospect over the Tyrod route of prospects on one scheme and Tyrod on his Taylor made short bus scheme.

Edit.

I would rather the Bills move up for a top prospect this year but if they want a broken Glenn and a TT I for sure would take that trade.

Edited by xRUSHx

Just now, bills6969 said:

He's in the top 25% quartile of of current Qbs in the league...problem is, the team he is on is $hit...No o-line, no runningbacks...only AJ Green to throw to (when he's not injured).

Not the case at all. Mixon and Benard are a good tandem at RB and beyond Green, they have Boyd and LaFell at WR with Eifert at TE (when healthy) You don't know the Bengals very well.  

• Like (+1) 1

He did the Bills a solid. Made a play and the Bills squeaked into the playoff's. Bills fans batted their eyelashes at him and their hearts were all a flutter. The Bills were then one and done. Yup. Lets trade for a guy that is average at best. That's the way to build a championship team. My God, get a clue.

Edited by RobH063

Dalton is the real deal. When he has had an O-Line to protect him, he has been lights out many times, and he has several Pro Bowl appearances to prove it.

Right now, he has no O Line to provide neither a running game, or pass protection.

Cincy isn't giving up on him anytime soon.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not the case at all. Mixon and Benard are a good tandem at RB and beyond Green, they have Boyd and LaFell at WR with Eifert at TE (when healthy) You don't know the Bengals very well.  

LOL at Eifert.  Dude hasnt played a full season yet.

18 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

He's definitely an upgrade from Tyrod, but he's not that good of a QB.

I know right? 3 time Pro Bowler and 17th best career passer rating all time...he must really suck.

10 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I'd send them a 2nd this year and a 2nd next year. Similar to what the Chiefs did with Alex Smith.

Fans want to trade for Smith when Dalton is a better player than Smith was at this point in his career.

I think Dalton needs better coaching.

Cincy just hired Alex Van Pelt to be his QB coach...huge upgrade.

14 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not in the last couple of seasons, but he had 13 TD receptions just a couple of years ago.  You still don't know the team given the statement you made.  

We call him Glassman in Cincy...amazing player...as long as you don't touch him. He is a great guy though.

20 minutes ago, Whodey1967 said:

I know right? 3 time Pro Bowler and 17th best career passer rating all time...he must really suck.

Cincy just hired Alex Van Pelt to be his QB coach...huge upgrade.

We call him Glassman in Cincy...amazing player...as long as you don't touch him. He is a great guy though.

what's the public opinion there of a.j.?

Why I like trading for Dalton more than some of the other alternatives:

1. One year left on his contract. If he performs well and the Bills (surprisingly, from my perspective) appear to be a team on the upswing, you can franchise tag him or re-sign him. If he doesn't perform well, and/or some of the Bills' other deficiencies make it obvious that we're still a couple years away, you let him walk. No dead cap problems, etc.

2. Look, I liked (and still do) the idea of a complete rebuild. Having said that, we caught lighting in a bottle this year. And there is some significant talent still around. McCoy will almost certainly be back. Benjamin is under contract for one more year, and I would like to see what he can do in a contract season with a reasonably healthy knee and a reasonably competent QB. Clay is still here, and is (right now) probably too expensive to dump. There is an argument to be made for trying to compete for the playoffs again in 2018, and for upgrading the QB position without mortgaging the future by either (a) trading a boatload of draft picks to snatch a Baker Mayfield; or (b) committing Bitcoin billionaire type money to a Dalton-esque Cousins.

46 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Trade Glenn and Tyrod for him, draft a QB early and for sure I would ride that Dalton bridge a few seasons with a young prospect developing behind him. He for sure is more of a mentor then Tyrod and would also be on the same scheme as the prospect over the Tyrod route of prospects on one scheme and Tyrod on his Taylor made short bus scheme.

Edit.

I would rather the Bills move up for a top prospect this year but if they want a broken Glenn and a TT I for sure would take that trade.

I'm not sure if that's quite the right trade, but if we do draft a young QB and have him mentored for 1-2 season's Dalton would be better to do that than Tyrod for several reasons.  Tyrod is a unique QB and what works for him, is unlikely to work for whoever we draft.  As the starter for this team, I think it would be difficult for him to transition to placeholder.  Dalton, while having his own issues could be successful with this team if we're able to acquire some better receiving assets than we have now.... maybe it could work?!?

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Whodey1967 said:

Dalton is the real deal. When he has had an O-Line to protect him, he has been lights out many times, and he has several Pro Bowl appearances to prove it.

Right now, he has no O Line to provide neither a running game, or pass protection.

Cincy isn't giving up on him anytime soon.

Agree with this. The best shot they had was the year he broke his thumb of something and mccarron had to take on the steelers. With Lewis coming back for another season there is no way in hell they trade Dalton. They will bring in massive OL help in fA or the draft. Thats whats held them back the most last 2 years.

• Like (+1) 1