channel 2- Buffalo comments re alleged Incognito...

KingRex

I don't think Ritchie is a racist, but he has said racist things lol. 

Seriously I think that Ritchie is sort of an A-hole, but I really like good guard play. There are lots of nasty things that are said (and done) in the pit that I'm sure are as offensive as racial slurs. At the end of the day Ritchie is just a football player. It's not like he's the President of the United States or anything. So I find it easy to look the other way. 

But, speaking as a foreigner, and with all due and sincere respect, I think you folks are f#@&ed.

3 hours ago, KingRex said:

racial comments in Jags game.

They had a bunch of professional football idiots like Jerry Sullivan commenting. Basically they said that the failure of Incognito and the team to simply say that the truth was Incognito and the team did not make any racial disparities was in itself deafening.

Actually, while I think Sully is an idiot, like a broken clock he is actually right twice a day.

They remarked that given that there is a void of official Bills commentary on the issue that Incognito given his history of dirty play early in his career in GB and the race based debacle in Miami, that Incognito does not get the benefit of the doubt.  He, Caruuci, and the other sport pundits are simply correct that while Incog deserves the right to say what he wants, the void left by not saying anything leaves, the fans, his teammates, and the media to reasonably assume Incognito guilty.

Too bad because he produces as a player, but if he continues to allow any good play by him to be overwhelmed by using racial slurs, the Bills should let Incognito go.

I hate it when solid football performers are idiots as human beings.

While

He wrote the same crap in the BN this week..it's the off season and he is not a Bills fan...so he needs to get the fans upset about something.Also..what he's saying is Dawkins and Wood are liars.

7 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

WRONG.

They require him to be good at football.  Not parent your kids.

One of the good thing HC McD has done to turn the Bills into a playoff team is to change the culture of the organization.  Judging people based on non-character items is a stupid character flaw in and of itself. 

No one expects him to parent their kid, but his teammates can reasonably demand that he judges people based on their character and not on irrelevant issues.  The Bills players also represent our community, Incog has already burned through any benefit of the doubt with his concerted campaign to undercut a teammate in Miami. 

Dion Dawkins, who was next to him on the play, and next to him most of the season, said he didn't hear anything like it, and that if Incognito ever said anything racially offensive, Dawkins would have been in his face himself.

Doesn't mean it totally didn't happen. I assume he said something stupid. But it may not have been so bad.

5 minutes ago, KingRex said:

One of the good thing HC McD has done to turn the Bills into a playoff team is to change the culture of the organization.  Judging people based on non-character items is a stupid character flaw in and of itself. 

No one expects him to parent their kid, but his teammates can reasonably demand that he judges people based on their character and not on irrelevant issues.  The Bills players also represent our community, Incog has already burned through any benefit of the doubt with his concerted campaign to undercut a teammate in Miami. 

No man.  He just works here and gets paid a lot.  Richie Incognito's character doesn't represent ****.

Edited by jmc12290

Just now, jmc12290 said:

1) I respect that and I understand.  I think you are a person who respects the Belichickian gamesmanship and pushing the envelope on the rules, right?  There's some obvious parallels there, even though its an imperfect analogy.  Some folks don't want to "cheat" to win or be asses to win.  It's not me, though. I keep separate from all of that.  There's things others do and say that I wouldn't, but that's a personal choice and a personal line.

2) I thought you said it was a fireable offense?

1) I’m fine with pushing hard within the rules. I’m not big on cheating. I also probably come across as being on that side for some of the similar reasons you replied to this thread the way you did. I think we have folks here that get so overzealous trying to point everything out that it gets to be a “c’mon man” on some of it.

2) I think it’d be fine to fire him if he pulled out the n word verifiably. I don’t think he’d need to be permanently banished from civilization though. Heck, he’s got quite the history and I’m not trying it there protesting his current employment.

Shades of gray and judgment calls and such... Weird to have that in a discussion these days, I know. Racism, wrong (easy red line for me), how to address it varies widely by situation though and no singular answer. I’m down for supporting a baseline of “hey dude, that’s not cool” instead of celebrating it, and making it uncomfortable as a blanket starting point and escalating from there if it’s extreme or impactful. It’s disappointing to me that’s controversial 

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Dion Dawkins, who was next to him on the play, and next to him most of the season, said he didn't hear anything like it, and that if Incognito ever said anything racially offensive, Dawkins would have been in his face himself.

It may be that Dion unlike Incog stands up for his teammates.

4 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

No man.  He just works here and gets paid a lot.  Richie Incognito's character doesn't represent ****.

I'm sure Bill Belicheat agrees with you.

11 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

He wrote the same crap in the BN this week..it's the off season and he is not a Bills fan...so he needs to get the fans upset about something.Also..what he's saying is Dawkins and Wood are liars.

Maybe he should stick to covering the Cavs so LeBron can clown him after every game in the post game press conference.

5 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

1) I’m fine with pushing hard within the rules. I’m not big on cheating. I also probably come across as being on that side for some of the similar reasons you replied to this thread the way you did. I think we have folks here that get so overzealous trying to point everything out that it gets to be a “c’mon man” on some of it.

2) I think it’d be fine to fire him if he pulled out the n word verifiably. I don’t think he’d need to be permanently banished from civilization though. Heck, he’s got quite the history and I’m not trying it there protesting his current employment.

Shades of gray and judgment calls and such... Weird to have that in a discussion these days, I know. Racism, wrong (easy red line for me), how to address it varies widely by situation though and no singular answer. I’m down for supporting a baseline of “hey dude, that’s not cool” instead of celebrating it, and making it uncomfortable as a blanket starting point and escalating from there if it’s extreme or impactful. It’s disappointing to me that’s controversial 

Well, here's the thing, not to get all down into it.  But does using racist language make you a "racist?"  Richie Incognito may be a loathsome brute, who acts stupid and says even stupider stuff, but is he a racist if he said something racial to Ngakoue?

We have inappropriate definitions for things, with vague lines, and a tense climate when discussing it.  It's not shocking that it's controversial at all, too me.  Everybody has a view and a stance, and we are all imperfect communicators at times. 

My thinking is that if you pooled all people and found out how they truly "felt," 90% would all be in basic agreement.  The other lunatic fringe is just that.

Edited by jmc12290

We all know that specific person where no matter what you say, they think everything that comes out is racist. I’ve seen players on both sides say they never heard crap!

This whole story is just dumb! This is a Michael Bennett in Vegas story!!! 

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

I get it and on some days am exhausted by the discussion too. Some times people get incredibly aggressive in their quest to condemn and ruin people

It’s just this is one of those spots where it’s also disheartening to see so many people seemingly defend the idea of calling a guy a racial slur cause maybe it helps us win or is just the way it is. If he did it - it’s a crappy thing to do. It’s not the end of the world but its not ok either.

I like this approach. What bothers me about these situations is the lack of proportionality. It's never enough to say "that was a dick move, don't be such an !@#$," in these situations. Instead the race nuts act like any potentially racist comment is morally equivalent to raping a baby. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

How many rings does he have again?

Not enough apparently since he seems to regularly be willing to cheat (based on his being found guilty of different transgressions of the rules at different times just to get competitive advantage. 

The amazing thing to me is his willingness to cheat whn the Pats are good enuf to win without cheating. 

If given the choice to be a winner with bad character or a loser with good character, I'd choose to be a loser, but maybe that's just me.

36 minutes ago, yungmack said:

The immigration quotas from those Norwy type of countries tend to go begging because people from those places tend to be quite content with things at home. Most of us trace our ancestry to places that were "shitholes" at the time: Ireland, Italy, Poland, The Balkans, Ukraine, Hungary and all the other fringe European countries. BTW, African immigrants way out perform American blacks AND whites in academic achievement, entrance into professions and success in business.

What is a “fringe European country”?  That is ridiculous to say.  Immigration from these countries came because we had a huge need and the opportunity was there.  The European people in these countries where living in an oppressed and/or war torn environment.  America needed workers back then.  We had a vision of expansion - manifest destiny.  

Todays America is much different than what we had in 1900.  The land is now taken, the infrastructure built, and the manufacturing jobs born from the industrial revolution are mostly gone.  On top of that we have social programs that did not exist in 1900 that need funding and are strained.  Today we simply do not have the jobs to support immigration in large numbers.   We do need to be smart and selective.  Future job growth will be based on our ability to Innovate through science and technology.  Immigrants that can come here, assimilate, and thrive should be welcomed.  But it cannot happen in the mass droves of the European immigration of early 1900.  This does not make America rascist.  

Your stats on on the great performance of African Students - I don’t doubt that it isn’t impressive as a percentage but I don’t see it in my business as of yet.  

4 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Amongst other things. Venison jerky being a prime example.

I was going to try wildebeest once when a store near me was stocking it. Next time I went there, they didn't have it anymore. It's too bad, I'd bet wildebeest jerky is the shiznit .