Zay Jones played injured all season...

Domdab99

8 minutes ago, Badthingsman said:

Let's not make excuses for the bum. How many balls were right in his hands and he could not hang on.  Don't blame Tyrod for those.  Kid can't catch the damn ball.  Should be released.  

How many were right in his hands that he dropped? I recall maybe 10. 80% of the passes thrown his way were uncatchable. Probably hurt himself reaching for one of those awful passes from Byrod.

2 hours ago, Badthingsman said:

Let's not make excuses for the bum. How many balls were right in his hands and he could not hang on.  Don't blame Tyrod for those.  Kid can't catch the damn ball.  Should be released.  

Being that releasing him costs us 3 million in dead cap...............maybe we should at least see how he looks in Training Camp.

CONCRETE HANDS.  HE SHOULD BE RELEASED.  

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Being that releasing him costs us 3 million in dead cap...............maybe we should at least see how he looks in Training Camp.

NO

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Luka said:

How many were right in his hands that he dropped? I recall maybe 10. 80% of the passes thrown his way were uncatchable. Probably hurt himself reaching for one of those awful passes from Byrod.

This doesn't sound as if you're actually using statistics. Rather just throwing some numbers out there

20 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Hmmm.  Never on the injury report.  Did he hide injury from team or did Bills hide from NFL?

That was my thought when I read what his old man said:

“In this game, you have to play sometimes when you’re hurt,” Robert Jones tweeted Sunday. “Bills medical staff were excellent. They helped Zay through the process. Zay is committed to his team! Don’t make it bigger than what it is.”

Jones previously had shoulder surgery after the 2015 season at East Carolina. He has said he played the entire year with a “torn labrum and dislocated shoulder, and it did not stop me.” Jones had 98 catches for 1,099 and five touchdowns and started all 12 games that season.

On 1/13/2018 at 9:38 PM, OldTimer1960 said:

You do need to move your arms to catch, right?  Too many here are too quick to dismiss injuries.  These guys are playing against super elite athletes - trying to do that while injured is incredibly difficult.

Totally right.  I have hurt shoulder from playing too much volleyball and there are days I can barely lift my harm above my head

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

This doesn't sound as if you're actually using statistics. Rather just throwing some numbers out there

PFF deemed 40% of his targets uncatchable and with the way PFF is, it was probably more in the 50-60% range. But let's go with 40%. That's 30 balls his way completely uncatchable. So now you're down to 27 catches on 45 "catchable" passes. Not every incomplete pass is a drop so out of 18 incomplete passes I'd say 10 actual drops is a pretty accurate representation of his season.

Have a nice day.

5 hours ago, Badthingsman said:

You know what's interesting? He caught the ball more times than anyone, ever in college football...ever. You're probably right sometimes though. Don't give up!

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:18 PM, John from Hemet said:

In all seriousness.....does anyone REALLY think this kid is not going to get better?

The character is too high....the work ethic is too high.....he already has the physical tools

Boy I want your Crystal ball.. Must be an amazing thing to have. Many WR's take a year or two to get good. Eric Moulds is case point. Jerry Rice got laughed off the field early in his career and look where he ended? Now I am not comparing anyone but darn give the kid a chance.. Shoulder injuries are huge when you have to protect yourself each play..

5 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Boy I want your Crystal ball.. Must be an amazing thing to have. Many WR's take a year or two to get good. Eric Moulds is case point. Jerry Rice got laughed off the field early in his career and look where he ended? Now I am not comparing anyone but darn give the kid a chance.. Shoulder injuries are huge when you have to protect yourself each play..

Umn.....I agree?

19 hours ago, Luka said:

PFF deemed 40% of his targets uncatchable and with the way PFF is, it was probably more in the 50-60% range. But let's go with 40%. That's 30 balls his way completely uncatchable. So now you're down to 27 catches on 45 "catchable" passes. Not every incomplete pass is a drop so out of 18 incomplete passes I'd say 10 actual drops is a pretty accurate representation of his season.

Have a nice day.

You said 80% of his targets were not catchable. In no way what you just said, you know, where you actually look up statistics defend what you said.

Lol at you thinking you just dropped the mic or hit a walk off. You just showed you were just throwing out numbers that weren't close to what was real.

Edited by Ol Dirty B