Eagles Coordinators

BearNorth

The biggest mistake the bills made was not hiring Jim Schartwz as their head coach. Instead we got Rex Loud mouth Ryan. Bragging about how the defense should be number one with the talent, then proceeded to destroy it while saying the talent to match his scheme. Its funny how Rex is on TV talking football, while Scharwz has the number one ranked defense. That failure by the Pegulas set this franchise back 4 years at least. Why scharwz is not a head coach as yet is ridiculous.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, kirkwoodus13 said:

Why scharwz is not a head coach as yet is ridiculous.

He's Son of Bum II.   Great coordinator, meh HC...

Head coaching record

Regular season: 29–51 (.363)
Postseason: 0–1 (.000)
Career: 29–52 (.358)
Edited by Lurker

5 minutes ago, kirkwoodus13 said:

The biggest mistake the bills made was not hiring Jim Schartwz as their head coach. Instead we got Rex Loud mouth Ryan. Bragging about how the defense should be number one with the talent, then proceeded to destroy it while saying the talent to match his scheme. Its funny how Rex is on TV talking football, while Scharwz has the number one ranked defense. That failure by the Pegulas set this franchise back 4 years at least. Why scharwz is not a head coach as yet is ridiculous.

Winner winner. Chicken dinner. I hated the Rex hire and Schwartz exodus.  We were on the brink then. Hopefully, we will stay competitive for awhile. I'm proud of what McD and Beane did with the team this year and trust they will keep moving in the right direction.

What is kind of impressive is that even though the Pegula's made a big error hiring Rex, as fairly new owners, they saw that error and fired his ass instead of allowing him to manipulate them further. You have to give the Pegula's credit for that. Like I always tell people I deal with in life that have made mistakes...I don't care where you've been or what you've done. What I care about it where you are and where you're going. I have that same outlook with the Bills.

26 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

Winner winner. Chicken dinner. I hated the Rex hire and Schwartz exodus.  We were on the brink then. Hopefully, we will stay competitive for awhile. I'm proud of what McD and Beane did with the team this year and trust they will keep moving in the right direction.

I am not sure..While we had a kick ass Defense, we still did not have a Franchise QB.  

38 minutes ago, kirkwoodus13 said:

He was a head coach with the Lions. He's a great DC, but I'm not sure he's more than an average HC.

39 minutes ago, kirkwoodus13 said:

The biggest mistake the bills made was not hiring Jim Schartwz as their head coach.

No, it wasn't a mistake. Schwartz was not a good HC. There's a reason that Detroit fired him.

Don't confuse having one good year as a coordinator with ability to be a head coach.

37 minutes ago, Lurker said:

He's Son of Bum II.   Great coordinator, meh HC...

Perhaps, but he deserves another chance (and he'll get one).

2 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

No, it wasn't a mistake. Schwartz was not a good HC. There's a reason that Detroit fired him.

Don't confuse having one good year as a coordinator with ability to be a head coach.

4 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Absolutes like that tell me you know absolutely nothing.

1 hour ago, Cripple Creek said:

Absolutes like that tell me you know absolutely nothing.

The fact that he wasn't given any head coaching job tells me I'm right. However, defend your position: How does one good year as the Bills DC suddenly make him a good HC? Keep in mind that he wasn't very good in Detroit. What magically changed after one good year as the Bills DC?

6 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

The fact that he wasn't given any head coaching job tells me I'm right. However, defend your position: How does one good year as the Bills DC suddenly make him a good HC? Keep in mind that he wasn't very good in Detroit. What magically changed after one good year as the Bills DC?

What I know is that I don't know if he can be a successful head coach.  What you know is the pap that you hear regurgitated by others who also have no clue. By your logic Bill Bellichick is a lousy head coach and will never get another opportunity after Cleveland.  Marv Levy? Hell know, did you see what he did in KC?

There's nothing magical about Schwartz. Are you paying attention? He's a hell of a DC and he'll get another opportunity.

Edited by Cripple Creek

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

He's actually had a lot of good years as a coordinator, not just one

32 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

What I know is that I don't know if he can be a successful head coach.  What you know is the pap that you hear regurgitated by others who also have no clue. By your logic Bill Bellichick is a lousy head coach and will never get another opportunity after Cleveland.  Marv Levy? Hell know, did you see what he did in KC?

There's nothing magical about Schwartz. Are you paying attention? He's a hell of a DC and he'll get another opportunity.

That's nice that you don't know. He has several years of track record failing at that job. Do you really think it's a coincidence that he has not been offered one of the dozen + head coaching jobs that have come open since Rex was hired over him in Buffalo?

Nice to see you getting overly emotional about a guy who didn't get a job 3 years ago (oh, and still hasn't been offered a had coaching job). Maybe it's time to move on in life.

33 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

He's actually had a lot of good years as a coordinator, not just one

Yeah he did, but they want to point to having the #4 defense that one year so they can cry he wasn't given the job.

46 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

That's nice that you don't know. He has several years of track record failing at that job. Do you really think it's a coincidence that he has not been offered one of the dozen + head coaching jobs that have come open since Rex was hired over him in Buffalo?

Nice to see you getting overly emotional about a guy who didn't get a job 3 years ago (oh, and still hasn't been offered a had coaching job). Maybe it's time to move on in life.

Yeah he did, but they want to point to having the #4 defense that one year so they can cry he wasn't given the job.

It is not a coincidence, just like it wasn't a coincidence that many other head coaches had to rehabilitate their reputations after one failed stop.  He'll get that chance.

Emotional? Hardly, but I don't  tolerate stupidity as well as I should.

11 hours ago, RobH063 said:

What is kind of impressive is that even though the Pegula's made a big error hiring Rex, as fairly new owners, they saw that error and fired his ass instead of allowing him to manipulate them further. You have to give the Pegula's credit for that. Like I always tell people I deal with in life that have made mistakes...I don't care where you've been or what you've done. What I care about it where you are and where you're going. I have that same outlook with the Bills.

....agreed......they admitted their mistake and made the change regardless of what it cost......