Gotta go after a feature running back

JerseyBills

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I guess preferably in the draft but get Shady as good of RB that you can find. 

Hehas 2 elite years left, he doesn't take hits like the average RB. He's too shifty to get a good shot on, or he'll smartly go out of bounds versus attempting to get another yard , always after getting the 1st down of course.

Whatever route we go with QB on offense, we must draft or take a RB in FA , but drafting is way to go , salary cap wise, spend one of our first 3 picks on RB, will make us much more dynamic and Shady will be able to share some of the load,why also most likely helping his production on the field.

I have this feeling that Penny will become a Bill in the draft...not sure why, but just do

59 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Good RBs can always be found for cheap when you need one.

I don't see this as a priority for this team, for this off-season, at all.

I think it is.
But you do not need to sacrifice to score one. just due diligence.
 I agree that finding a sweet back up to L. M. is a key success.

Cadet played very well imho.

The RB needs to fit the what the line does.
lets see what OC they bring in ?

But we saw how the season was going when Tolbert was listed as the number 2. one game or two he made big plays. and he dropped some balls.
the #2 rb  may have been the difference over the season honestly.

9 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

People are flaming me but missing the point. It's about making a positional group elite and dynamic. If there's a guy in the top 100 the staff think can be a gamechanger,  pair him with Shady, add an explosive,dynamic  element to this offense, regardless of QB.

Every team has Holes. You can't have all pros at every position, it's about building a team and again, the impact it could have is far greater than the impact a good lb will have.

I dug yas

Well the Bills can't afford to draft a running back high. I don.t like that the NFL has become a passing league. I miss the days of hard running backs. I would still love to have a back like Earl Campbell. I hate all these passes on 3rd & 4th & 1 yard to go.

I’ll support the original poster here.  I understand that good RBs can be found outside of round 1, but a great running game can be extremely valuable to an offense.  I would still consider a top RB prospect as early as one of the Bills’ 2nd rounders.  

I think the “conventional wisdom” that RBs aren’t valuable is bunk.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

not happy with Mike Tolbert ?

The human Bowling ball himself? The enigma , the Full Half back aka Mike Tolbert is a TBD legend. I do think if Beane and Co leave no stone unturned, and lead a vigorous process to finding his successor, somewhere out there will be an upgrade over Mikey "Trust the Process" Tolbert

Edited by JerseyBills

8 minutes ago, H2o said:

We definitely need better RB depth, but we don't need to spend a high pick on one by any means. 

I agree but I'd be on board.

Imagine a Shady/Fournette ,Shady/Henry , Shady/Gordon combo. That'd be pretty lethal and could have one of the best run games period. Give defenses headaches.

Helps preserve Shady and adds a great back. This also helps our QB and pass game significantly.

4 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

In 1985. 

Philly is advancing to the NFC title game off the play of Ajayi/Blount. 

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

For the love of God, NO RUNNING BACKS! 

It's like some people have completely forgotten the '00s.

Happy to draft a RB on day 3 but not before then.   Also, RBs seem to transition to the pro game much more quickly than many other positions so no rush on overspending for one while Shady is still in his prime.

3 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I guess preferably in the draft but get Shady as good of RB that you can find. 

Hehas 2 elite years left, he doesn't take hits like the average RB. He's too shifty to get a good shot on, or he'll smartly go out of bounds versus attempting to get another yard , always after getting the 1st down of course.

Whatever route we go with QB on offense, we must draft or take a RB in FA , but drafting is way to go , salary cap wise, spend one of our first 3 picks on RB, will make us much more dynamic and Shady will be able to share some of the load,why also most likely helping his production on the field.

RB’s can be found easily these days ..... picking one high is insane

4 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Happy to draft a RB on day 3 but not before then.   Also, RBs seem to transition to the pro game much more quickly than many other positions so no rush on overspending for one while Shady is still in his prime.

I feel like running backs and wide recievers are a dime a dozen. Obviously some are much better than others, but I'd litterally throw up if the bills drafted a running back high in the draft 

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

You guys put WAY to much correlation in decisions made by completely different people with completely different rosters. Our failures in the 00's have zero correlation to this upcoming draft and potentially grabbing a RB early.

Give the Amazing Lesean McCoy a great running mate for final 2-3 years of his prime. If we have one highly rated that's available I'd be totally on board. We are not that bad at OL, can upgrade through FA

10 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I agree but I'd be on board.

Imagine a Shady/Fournette ,Shady/Henry , Shady/Gordon combo. That'd be pretty lethal and could have one of the best run games period. Give defenses headaches.

Helps preserve Shady and adds a great back. This also helps our QB and pass game significantly.

Philly is advancing to the NFC title game off the play of Ajayi/Blount. 

There are always exceptions and outliers. 

I'll stick to building around a QB and passing game, thanks. 

14 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

RB’s can be found easily these days ..... picking one high is insane

Insane??

Insane huh?

I said first 100 picks.

Let's check out 2017 ,shall we?

7 RB taken in top 100 

1 Fournette

8 McCaffrey

41 Cook

48 Mixon

67 Kamara

86 Hunt

89 Foreman

The NFL leading rusher in Hunt, likely rookie of year in Kamara, Fournette established himself as a beast, McCaffrey was a huge part of the Car Offense. Almost all 7 had significant contributions to their teams. Mixon injured alot, even he looks like he'll be a very good RB.

23 RB taken out of the top 100

Only two come to mind that had a significant contribution, Cohen and Jamal Williams. 

So the numbers CLEARLY show your statement is false ,sir.

9 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

You're building both. We have a stud in Shady. Invest one draft pick in that position, that's all! Plenty of room to make other needed upgrades

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

Obviously, but it isn’t easy to find a good QB. There are some good, not great QB prospects this year.  If one is there at 21, by all means take a shot, but I would not trade a ransom for any of these guys.  The most that I’d consider would be to trade a 1st and 2nd to move up and get a QB in the teens of round 1.

15 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Obviously, but it isn’t easy to find a good QB. There are some good, not great QB prospects this year.  If one is there at 21, by all means take a shot, but I would not trade a ransom for any of these guys.  The most that I’d consider would be to trade a 1st and 2nd to move up and get a QB in the teens of round 1.

Nope, it's not. But I'd trade the whole draft if it gets the Bills the next Phil Rivers or Drew Brees. 

Think Philly or LA regrets making big moves for Wentz or Goff?