Gotta go after a feature running back

JerseyBills

20 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Qb for sure. But if we are grinding out games, rb is right up there too 

If we expect to be grinding out games, I'd want both lines upgraded.  Those type games are won and lost in the trenches, and I feel we've lost too many battles on the lines.  So to me, QB/OL/DL are primary concerns, then LB followed by WR then RB.

1 minute ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I do want OBD to consider taking a HB in rounds 4 and later. I think it is a deep HB class and someone to take pressure off Shady will be available. 

I'm biased as an Irish fan, but Josh Adam is a good example of a guy who should probably go higher than he will, and might be had in round 4. 

With the extra day 2 picks, I wouldn’t even mind a third rounder if you are looking at a guy you think can be a workhorse back

if it’s 100 touches this year at minimum, and perhaps many more if shady tweaks anything. It’s a guy that could carry the load in a year for a transition... and mid round lineman are a far bigger crapshoot 

We have a number of other "futures" to procure besides a running back.  Let's start with an effective quarterback.  Until that situation is addressed, most everything else little matters.  To support him, of course, you need an effective offensive line.  As long as Mills is in the equation, it's offensive.  This where it all starts.

4 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

If we expect to be grinding out games, I'd want both lines upgraded.  Those type games are won and lost in the trenches, and I feel we've lost too many battles on the lines.  So to me, QB/OL/DL are primary concerns, then LB followed by WR then RB.

I guess for me is part of the appeal is you can prioritize the position at pick 100, while adding a defensive lineman at 100 is a lot less likely to be impactful. I’m Definitely not saying put it over an edge rusher at 21

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Kareem Hunt and Alvin Kamara.

RBs can be found anywhere 

If that were the case, everyone would have a Kareem Hunt or Alvin Kamara.

For as much bitching as everyone does about Tolbert getting carries, I'm not understanding the hate for adding a complementary and eventual replacement for Shady.

Sony Michel will be there in the 3rd round, just like Kareem Hunt.

Edited by Chicken Boo

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

A star RB is probably the top reason we made the playoffs, he was basically our only offense and did it at an extremely high level.

So yea, your point isn't that effective,sir

My point isn't effective?

Buddy, we had Shady for two years where we lead the league in rushing and missed the playoffs just the same.

We've drafted Travis Henry, McGahee, Lynch, and Spiller during the drought -- all of whom were just fine for us at different points. We got some of our best production out of a 5th round pick (K. Williams), and a street free agent (Mike Gillislee) as recently as last year.  If we had just used Fred Jackson as our starter during his time here, those Lynch and Spiller picks could have been additional 1st round impact players at other positions.

If my point isn't effective, it's because you're clueless.

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

I guess preferably in the draft but get Shady as good of RB that you can find. 

Hehas 2 elite years left, he doesn't take hits like the average RB. He's too shifty to get a good shot on, or he'll smartly go out of bounds versus attempting to get another yard , always after getting the 1st down of course.

Whatever route we go with QB on offense, we must draft or take a RB in FA , but drafting is way to go , salary cap wise, spend one of our first 3 picks on RB, will make us much more dynamic and Shady will be able to share some of the load,why also most likely helping his production on the field.

Literally, this attitude sums up decades of Buffalo Bills futility. 

• Like (+1) 1

I believe that it is important to find a back in the offseason. But I don't want a Shady replacement, I want a Karlos Williams replacement. Someone that is big and powerful and plays as a compliment to Shady. Tolbert and Dimarco can't be 2 and 3, it's complete nonsense.

1 minute ago, Luka said:

I believe that it is important to find a back in the offseason. But I don't want a Shady replacement, I want a Karlos Williams replacement. Someone that is big and powerful and plays as a compliment to Shady. Tolbert and Dimarco can't be 2 and 3, it's complete nonsense.

DiMarco doesn't factor into the equation as an RB.  Cadet was doing fine as a complement to Shady prior to getting injured.  It's not a major offseason priority. 

Even Marcus Murphy looked pretty good in limited duty in week 17. 

People are flaming me but missing the point. It's about making a positional group elite and dynamic. If there's a guy in the top 100 the staff think can be a gamechanger,  pair him with Shady, add an explosive,dynamic  element to this offense, regardless of QB.

Every team has Holes. You can't have all pros at every position, it's about building a team and again, the impact it could have is far greater than the impact a good lb will have.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I disagree. You can have something special at the position with Shady and a great complement. Why not attempt to make part of your O that much more dangerous.

A great running game wins Super Bowls

not happy with Mike Tolbert ?