Gotta go after a feature running back

JerseyBills

Just now, John from Hemet said:

Its a guess....but he got no burn for a player they paid so much for.....these type of players are generally let go correct?

He's currently behind Lewis, Burkhead, and White, but who knows what the future holds for him in 2018 with McDaniels slated to leave for the Colts. 

On 1/13/2018 at 5:43 PM, fridge said:

It blows my mind that Bills fans exist that want to draft a RB.

Was our 17 year drought not enough evidence of how little a star running back helps your team?

Get a guy off the street that weighs half as much as Tolbert and we’re fine.

Fine, tell us some good 125# RBs to draft.

31 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

<facepalm>  Did we learn nothing from Travis Henry, Willis McGahee, Marshawn Lynch, CJ Spiller?  STOP WITH DRAFTING RB'S HIGH, SUCCESSFUL TEAMS DO NOT DO IT!

I think the Jaguars (Fournette) and Rams (Gurley), No (Ingram) might say otherwise.  Don’t forget how Dallas was derailed by the suspension of Ezekiel Elliott.

Edited by OldTimer1960

13 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I think the Jaguars (Fournette) and Rams (Gurley) might say otherwise.

... Cowboys (Elliot) and Steelers (Bell).  Someone is going to hit a homerun with Barkley.

3 minutes ago, PIZ said:

... Cowboys (Elliot) and Steelers (Bell).  Someone is going to hit a homerun with Barkley.

Agreed!  It is so “today” to say that RBs can be found anywhere.  

If if we want a rookie QB, folks should know that a young QB’s best friend is a strong running game.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/13/2018 at 5:00 PM, Happy Gilmore said:

If we expect to be grinding out games, I'd want both lines upgraded.  Those type games are won and lost in the trenches, and I feel we've lost too many battles on the lines.  So to me, QB/OL/DL are primary concerns, then LB followed by WR then RB.

I would sign off on that ?

8 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Agreed!  It is so “today” to say that RBs can be found anywhere.  

If if we want a rookie QB, folks should know that a young QB’s best friend is a strong running game.

A rookie QB bff is a good OL and then RB 

2 minutes ago, Putin said:

I would sign off on that ?

A rookie QB bff is a good OL and then RB 

And BTW we still have Shady

7 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

With our needs, if we spend anything above a 5th rounder on an RB, we're idiots.  We need lots of OL, DL, and LB's.  We're set at RB for a while.

They have a 29 year old feature back with many years of wear and tear and nobody behind him.  I’m not really aligned with your plan.

7 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

With our needs, if we spend anything above a 5th rounder on an RB, we're idiots.  We need lots of OL, DL, and LB's.  We're set at RB for a while.

I don't see how we are set at RB for awhile. McCoy is slowing down and becoming more injury prone. He is still an elite talent but his work load needs to be monitored. I'd be all for a RB if the talent merited the pick. Honestly I'm all for any position if the talent is good enough.

4 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

They have a 29 year old feature back with many years of wear and tear and nobody behind him.  I’m not really aligned with your plan.

I'm jaded because the last RB pick that worked out for us was Thurman Thomas.  It's a different league now.  I'll give you that losing TD Mike was a self-inflicted wound, and we wound up with Fatboyslim, but I like the Denver and Cheat model, getting competent low cost RB's, so you can concentrate on the OL.  

1 hour ago, thunderingsquid said:

If I were McBeane I'd go shopping off the scrap heap.  I think a lot of FAs would do very well in Daboll's power run attack. 

If we do get an RB late I'd love to see Akrum Wadley who could eventually take over for Shady some day. 

As an avid Hawkeye love Wadley but if Sony Michel is there with their second 2nd round pick I’d pull the trigger assuming I already had QB, DT and LB addressed. If not Wadley would be solid add but they need a power back to compliment Shady IMO!

• Like (+1) 1