Why I Think the Smart Move is Pay to Get Cousins

Shaw66

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Get over yourself. I'll post as I please. Don't like it. Tough!

2 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

LOL why do I picture the next poster saying "nana boo boo" with their hands flapping like ears with their tongue sticking out?!??

Nah.  No sense arguing with a child.

4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Cousins is not worth big money. He's not a QB who will carry a team and make those around him better.

Tell me which rb helped Kirk Cousins the most ? 

Rob Kelly, Roy Helu jr, Perine, Alfred Morris? 

To think Cousins couldn’t cook with a real rb like McCoy is ??‍♂️

Edited by Teddy KGB

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Except the 3 years he has been the Redskins starter they have won 9, 8 and 8. I was slow to come around on Cousins.... I think he is borderline top 10 but there is no evidence he raises his team up around him so far. 

For what it’s worth...

Ive watched 75% or so of the skins games the last 10 years, I know a person with direct connections with the Skins front office (who agrees it is a mess and the only one with a clue was forced out in a power struggle, for being an “alcoholic” which could be said for many of those still running things), the owner hasn’t a clue and hires mostly yes men (should sound familiar), while meddling with things he shouldn’t. The organization is a mess and has been for years.

Everyone I know who I consider to football literate down here thinks Cousins is the only reason they make the playoffs, win 9,8,8 games instead of 5/6, 4/5, 4 games. I won’t get into injuries, drops and such...

I agree 100% he is not a top 5 guy and borderline top 10 is fair, IMO he’s raised that franchise out of drafting top 10 the last 3 years. 

I have no idea if Cousins would come to Buffalo, what I know of him, he’d fit right in with the City and coaching staff, and signing him and using the draft to team build around him is the best long term path to being legitimate Super Bowl contenders that I see.

10 minutes ago, P51 said:

For what it’s worth...

Ive watched 75% or so of the skins games the last 10 years, I know a person with direct connections with the Skins front office (who agrees it is a mess and the only one with a clue was forced out in a power struggle, for being an “alcoholic” which could be said for many of those still running things), the owner hasn’t a clue and hires mostly yes men (should sound familiar), while meddling with things he shouldn’t. The organization is a mess and has been for years.

Everyone I know who I consider to football literate down here thinks Cousins is the only reason they make the playoffs, win 9,8,8 games instead of 5/6, 4/5, 4 games. I won’t get into injuries, drops and such...

I agree 100% he is not a top 5 guy and borderline top 10 is fair, IMO he’s raised that franchise out of drafting top 10 the last 3 years. 

I have no idea if Cousins would come to Buffalo, what I know of him, he’d fit right in with the City and coaching staff, and signing him and using the draft to team build around him is the best long term path to being legitimate Super Bowl contenders that I see.

Interesting input.  Folks tend to forget it takes an entire team and not just a QB.

fellow bills brethren

If the plan is to go hard at Cousins so be it....

Just understand that with a qb of that salary we had better SERIOUSLY be hitting on our draft picks and 2nd tier free agents......cuz that qb is gonna take up a ton of the cap.

Can Cousins put games on his shoulders and arm and win?  Because that is what your paying for.

3 hours ago, McBean said:

IMO we have 2 options:

1. Sign Cousins like you said and build through draft.

2. Trade the house for the #2 overall pick and get Darnold or Rosen.

We could try to stay pat (or mild trade up) and rely on very thorough and careful scouting to draft a QB who falls to us, while trying to sign one or more vet FA - McCown or something.  It's too close to the same-ol the Bills have been trying forever, so I don't favor it, but it is an option

3 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

sarcasm: 

noun

harsh or bitter derision or irony.

a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark:

The definition doesn't say anything about being a "randomly stupid remark". Which is what yours was.

Just because you intended sarcasm doesn't mean it turned out to be sarcastic.

It looks more like you have had a few drinks on a Saturday remark.

Not my issue that you lack in capacity to interpret it. Even the guy who posted "Get over yourself" got the point I was making. It seems as if you're too slow to grasp it.  All good though. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz