Per Buffalo Fanatics, Bills actively looking to trade Shaq Lawson

YoloinOhio

50 minutes ago, Bills Pimpin' said:

I agree that coaches don't care who picked the talent if it fits their scheme and Lawson simply doesn't. Coach's don't pick players that don't fit there scheme and they most certainly do "dump" (although I think that is the wrong word) them when they don't. That is also why Beane is being "hyper" (a little dramatic don't have think?) aggresive gaining draft picks which really is my point. So I guess we just disagree on the quality of Lawson as a player as we agree on everything else. 

We would run to the podium to take him in the 5-6th round and you would praise the late gem we found 

1 minute ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

A discussion of ongoing Bills futility.  There's so much we have to change it's difficult to fathom how this piece fixes the puzzle.  Yes, we made the playoffs, but we're nowhere near going far in same.

If we hit on qb we aren’t that different than most of these teams.

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

This was a mistake fan observers made with regard to Shaq at Clemson too.

He was so slow off the ball that people thought he was supposed to be.

Yeah because only the truly gifted fan knows a DE is supposed to rush the passer on every play.

13 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

We would run to the podium to take him in the 5-6th round and you would praise the late gem we found 

I'm not exactly sure what you are talking about but no one is running anywhere to take  Lawson in the fifth round with the last 2 years of hindsight. Lawson played about 8 games and was replaced by guys off the street without much fall off. The fact of the matter is Lawson was taken 19th overall and the Bills prolly won't get a 5th for him 2 years later. He is not a bust yet but the fat lady is certainly warming up. 

I'm not so sure that he couldn't remain a rotational player in this system. He's been plagued by injuries and maybe that continues, maybe it doesn't. But I don't think there's enough compensation out there to warrant trading him.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Good, it's the right move. Injury prone with very little pass rush abilities. Him and Ragland both failed picks by foot fetish. Hopefully we can find a team that needs a run stopping DE.

I agree, but yeeeesh! How bad was that Draft?? 

Rex & Whaley realm looks even darker now.

Not surprised at all. Wasn't drafted by this front office and doesn't fit this scheme.

17 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I agree, but yeeeesh! How bad was that Draft?? 

Rex & Whaley realm looks even darker now.

lol. Right.

Ragland is a second year starter for a different playoff team. Lawson will do very well in the right scheme too.

Stupid.  He's cheap and has been healthy. His trade value is nothing and he been solid against the run.  

This team needs to stop creating holes and then replacing them.  Of course, everyone will blindly "trust the process" and ignore that the Bills were worse in almost every category besides turnovers.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, NickelCity said:

Not terribly surprising, but by god we've got to draft better.

This is why I am not afraid to give it all away for a stud QB.

We don't do anything with our top draft picks anyway!  It's like we are giving them away as it is, just without getting a franchise QB in return!

So at least get the franchise QB in return!

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Stupid.  He's cheap and has been healthy. His trade value is nothing and he been solid against the run.  

This team needs to stop creating holes and then replacing them.  Of course, everyone will blindly "trust the process" and ignore that the Bills were worse in almost every category besides turnovers.

This is all true, sadly. I think the Bills coaching has been solid but they've really gone on a limb with their front office moves.

If they want to upgrade DE, then fine. Draft a DE. Bring in some FAs. Whatever. But don't get rid of Lawson for peanuts. Let someone beat him out first and then keep him for depth.

Edited by vincec
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, vincec said:

This is all true, sadly. I think the Bills coaching has been solid but they've really gone on a limb with their front office moves.

If they want to upgrade DE, then fine. Draft a DE. Bring in some FAs. Whatever. But don't get rid of Lawson for peanuts. Let someone beat him out first and then keep him for depth.

Agreed. You can never have enough d linemen to rotate. Worse comes to worst, Shaq becomes a situational player.  That's more valuable than a 6th or 7th rounder for a 3 year former 1st round pick.

• Like (+1) 1