Per Buffalo Fanatics, Bills actively looking to trade Shaq Lawson

YoloinOhio

21 minutes ago, White Linen said:

What I mean by that is, it looked like he was being asked to set the edge based on how he was positioning himself.   

This was a mistake fan observers made with regard to Shaq at Clemson too.

He was so slow off the ball that people thought he was supposed to be.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I wouldn’t sell low on him. I don’t know that he will ever be a top end guy but I think that he can be an 8 sack guy that’s good against the run. There’s no reason to open another hole.

If true that shaq and cordy are on the block it’s hard to get past the idea that there’s a scarlet W on guys he picked. It would be quite literally every single first, second, and most thirds gone in just a year. It’s remarkable in how thorough the process was. I can’t think of another regime that has even gone this far this quick, yet alone maybe the next couple moves being possible.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

They want as much ammunition for this draft as possible because they are preparing to trade up for a Quarterback and know they have other holes to fill. 

But whats shaq going to fetch? A day 3 pick? I’d rather have him coming off the bench relatively cheaply for a DE than a late pick. 

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Good, it's the right move. Injury prone with very little pass rush abilities. Him and Ragland both failed picks by foot fetish. Hopefully we can find a team that needs a run stopping DE.

Jumping the gun a bit? 

They are both 2 year pros , who have lost a large amount of those 2 years rehabbing on injuries.

To say the book has been written is unfair.

We never saw Ragland in Rex's scheme and he's just got promoted starter for KC.

Shaq is very good at stopping run , the hope is he can develop enough to turn into an all around DE like Hughes.

He can be situational and work his way up, we definitely need a guy to pair with Hughes! So underrated this year, numbers weren't very good but he got the hurries consistently. He needs a legit threat opposite him so qb can't always roll to his right where the rush is contained. 

Just now, NoSaint said:

But whats shaq going to fetch? A day 3 pick? I’d rather have him coming off the bench relatively cheaply for a DE than a late pick. 

Yea a 5th maybe? I don't think that matters to them as much. They are looking at Glenn, Taylor and Lawson as at least 3 more draft picks taking them to 11 total. 

This draft is about finding a Quarterback and then continuing to plug in young talent that fits their template. This is the process.

1 hour ago, Bills Pimpin' said:

Ragland didnt fit McD's scheme and neither does Lawson. It makes absolutely no difference how released or traded players play on a different team. The coach is not going to keep around mediocre players that he didn't choose and doesn't fit his DNA, you certainly know that by now. I would rather have a player that the coaching staff is completely vested in than an over reach by a former regime.  Lawson will never be good enough. In fact, the defensive line did not drop off at all when he went on IR. If they get a decent draft pick, say a 4th or 5th, IMO do it.

I disagree, our pass rush got worse and our run game suffered without him as he is actually strong against the run too.

Good coaches utilize talent, not dump talent for the ego of their scheme.  And sorry, but I don't buy that he cant fit into McD's scheme in the first place as he was fitting before the injury.  

By the way, GM's and Coaches don't give a rats a** about who "chose" the player in the draft when debating on keeping or getting rid of a player.  That is fan mythology, all they want to do is win.  If they feel Shaq isnt the right guy, they will move him...but its not because he was "Whaleys" pick.  

Beane is Cleary going hyper aggressive on acquiring draft assets, so not out of the question they are shopping Shaq as he has been slowed from injuries now for 2 years and has yet to really cement his place on the team.  But, I feel like Shaq has a lot of upside still and I dont prefer to sell low like we did with Dareus and create another hole.  Would rather bring in competition with Shaq and see if he can win the job.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Jamie Nails said:

Fanatics were starting to build up some cred and then they went to the mat over resigning Zach Brown, which didn’t happen. They’ve been nothing since so take it Fwiw- Bills probably are seeing what they can get, but hope they don’t just sell to sell

I agree but they were saying the Bills wanted to sign Zach Brown, which they did want and try to do. He chose to sign in Washington. 

Edited by YoloinOhio