Per Buffalo Fanatics, Bills actively looking to trade Shaq Lawson

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

To me, it all depends on how they replace him. 

You would think they must have a very low opinion of him in order to do this because he doesn't cost much and I doubt they will get even a 3rd for him.    So I assume they must look at him as if he is inferior to at least one other player they already have at that position.   Don't you think?   Otherwise wouldn't it make sense that they keep him until he is replaced with an upgrade?   You can't count on the draft or free agency yet because those things haven't happened yet.   It would be an unnecessary gamble.

On 1/9/2018 at 12:46 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

February 20 First day for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players.

March 6 Prior to 4:00 p.m., deadline for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players.

March 14 The 2018 league year and free agency period begin at 4:00 p.m.

April 26-28 2018 NFL Draft, AT&T Stadium, Arlington, TX.

3 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Is that when teams can start trading? 

March 14 - Trading period for 2018 begins at 4:00 p.m., after expiration of all 2017 contracts.

This is ridiculous because he is a type of player that will be in this league for 10 years or more.  She will be the lunch pail Chris Kelsey kind of player. I'm doing voice to text but it did that for me and I'm leaving it... !@#$ it

To trade him for anything more than a third is a joke due to the needs that we have already. He is a capable Edge Setter in the most basic defense you need at least one of those. I attribute some of the failures we had a defense to him being on the line up towards the later part of the season. It's amazing how much we have to get rid of to get better and I wonder if this team is going in the right direction by taking away talent to go further

We lose the talented players like Woods, Dareus, Watkins, Manuel, Goodwin, etc and end up backing into the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

there is no planet where Lawson is ever going to be a 7-8 sack /yr guy. He doesn't have the pass rushing talents or moves. You can obviously see this watching tape. Even his college tape.

People keep saying that and he had 4 this year before he got hurt. I don’t know why people think that 7-8 is unreasonable? I don’t see him ever at 12 but a sack every other game? That’s not crazy.

3 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

This is ridiculous because he is a type of player that will be in this league for 10 years or more.  She will be the lunch pail Chris Kelsey kind of player. I'm doing voice to text but it did that for me and I'm leaving it... !@#$ it

To trade him for anything more than a third is a joke due to the needs that we have already. He is a capable Edge Setter in the most basic defense you need at least one of those. I attribute some of the failures we had a defense to him being on the line up towards the later part of the season. It's amazing how much we have to get rid of to get better and I wonder if this team is going in the right direction by taking away talent to go further

We lose the talented players like Woods, Dareus, Watkins, Manuel, Goodwin, etc and end up backing into the playoffs. 

Wait a minute....

Did you mean to include Manuel in there?   Or did you fart during the voice to text thing and your phone interpreted that stinky smell as you meaning to say Manuel?

• Haha (+1) 4

Just now, PolishDave said:

Wait a minute....

Did you mean to include Manuel in there?   Or did you fart during the voice to text thing and your phone interpreted that stinky smell as you meaning to say Manuel?

C'mon man, you know I always have a little bit of fun disirregardless of my point.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I would think after selling low on Rag's and seeing go on to be a solid contributing player for KC despite not having the benefit of having time in the system and having to learn his 3rd defensive scheme in 3 years, that it would give them more patience with Shaq.

Personally, I get he hasn't cemented his spot here, but I also think he has shown promise and is already on the team, so why sell low now due to injuries and create yet another hole to fill.  Lets keep in mind, lots of people here want us to trade a bounty of picks for a QB, but we created some sizable holes through trades that we haven't filled to go along with holes that already existed.  If we keep trading players for crap shoot draft picks, its going to be tough to improve because we are just drafting to replace rather fill the rest of the roster out.  

We already know we have a big need at DT, and if Kyle retires or isn't brought back, we have immediate 2 spots to fill.  Add in big needs at LB, OL, and the looming QB situation and we just cant fill all these effectively in the draft and FA.  Not to mention potential holes at DB with Gaines FA looming, needing another RB and WR.  

I vote no to this and play the upside here and avoid creating yet another hole.  

Ragland didnt fit McD's scheme and neither does Lawson. It makes absolutely no difference how released or traded players play on a different team. The coach is not going to keep around mediocre players that he didn't choose and doesn't fit his DNA, you certainly know that by now. I would rather have a player that the coaching staff is completely vested in than an over reach by a former regime.  Lawson will never be good enough. In fact, the defensive line did not drop off at all when he went on IR. If they get a decent draft pick, say a 4th or 5th, IMO do it.

Edited by Bills Pimpin'

27 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

there is no planet where Lawson is ever going to be a 7-8 sack /yr guy. He doesn't have the pass rushing talents or moves. You can obviously see this watching tape. Even his college tape.

He had 4 sacks playing half the year, dude