Per Buffalo Fanatics, Bills actively looking to trade Shaq Lawson

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think it would take a draft pick plus Shaq. 

It could, depending on how KC values Shaq.  The question is, what would they want for Alex Smith?  I can't see anything more than a 3rd as being worth it.

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea a 5th maybe? I don't think that matters to them as much. They are looking at Glenn, Taylor and Lawson as at least 3 more draft picks taking them to 11 total. 

This draft is about finding a Quarterback and then continuing to plug in young talent that fits their template. This is the process.

Just please get the qb right.

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

It could, depending on how KC values Shaq.  The question is, what would they want for Alex Smith?  I can't see anything more than a 3rd as being worth it.

I think it’s less about what he’s really worth and more about how much the Bills want him vs the competition. The Browns May drive up the price. 

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea a 5th maybe? I don't think that matters to them as much. They are looking at Glenn, Taylor and Lawson as at least 3 more draft picks taking them to 11 total. 

This draft is about finding a Quarterback and then continuing to plug in young talent that fits their template. This is the process.

That makes a lot of sense and wpuld be for the best.  Theres a lot they could do at important positions in free afency too

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I keep thinking they will trade or sign a vet like Alex Smith and draft one in the 1st as well.

Wouldn't want to pay more than a third for Smith.  I'm fine with bringing him in so long as it doesn't mean we pass on qb in the first.

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I disagree, our pass rush got worse and our run game suffered without him as he is actually strong against the run too.

Good coaches utilize talent, not dump talent for the ego of their scheme.  And sorry, but I don't buy that he cant fit into McD's scheme in the first place as he was fitting before the injury.  

By the way, GM's and Coaches don't give a rats a** about who "chose" the player in the draft when debating on keeping or getting rid of a player.  That is fan mythology, all they want to do is win.  If they feel Shaq isnt the right guy, they will move him...but its not because he was "Whaleys" pick.  

Beane is Cleary going hyper aggressive on acquiring draft assets, so not out of the question they are shopping Shaq as he has been slowed from injuries now for 2 years and has yet to really cement his place on the team.  But, I feel like Shaq has a lot of upside still and I dont prefer to sell low like we did with Dareus and create another hole.  Would rather bring in competition with Shaq and see if he can win the job.

I agree that coaches don't care who picked the talent if it fits their scheme and Lawson simply doesn't. Coach's don't pick players that don't fit there scheme and they most certainly do "dump" (although I think that is the wrong word) them when they don't. That is also why Beane is being "hyper" (a little dramatic don't have think?) aggresive gaining draft picks which really is my point. So I guess we just disagree on the quality of Lawson as a player as we agree on everything else. 

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I keep thinking they will trade or sign a vet like Alex Smith and draft one in the 1st as well.

I agree, this approach makes sense.  I doubt McD and the new OC will want to roll into next season with a rookie, even with one selected mid 1st round.  Unfortunately, as you astutely pointed out, competition with teams like Cleveland will probably make getting a vet like Alex Smith more expensive than it should be.

8 minutes ago, Bills Pimpin' said:

I agree that coaches don't care who picked the talent if it fits their scheme and Lawson simply doesn't. Coach's don't pick players that don't fit there scheme and they most certainly do "dump" (although I think that is the wrong word) them when they don't. That is also why Beane is being "hyper" (a little dramatic don't have think?) aggresive gaining draft picks which really is my point. So I guess we just disagree on the quality of Lawson as a player as we agree on everything else. 

True, and yes I think we disagree on whether or not Shaq fits McD's scheme.  He was one of the team leaders in sacks when hurt, and also was good against the run.  So I just dont get the whole thing about how he doesn't fit when he seemed to be fitting to me.  

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think it would take a draft pick plus Shaq. 

If I were KC I wouldn't give anything more than a 7th for Shaq.........but that's because we've seen first hand how JAG he's been and that's all that matters to us now.

But we have to bear in mind that there were pro scouts that thought he was a first round talent.

If you find someone that loved Shaq's potential they might value him like a comp 3rd or a 4th?

And I'm not really sure what the trade value of Alex Smith is.

He simply can't go back to KC......it's far more toxic for him in KC than it is for Tyrod in Buffalo

And like Tyrod it's hard to draw connections between Smith and many other teams.  

Who else wants Alex Smith?    NYJ maybe?  Minnesota if they pass on their own 3 QB's?:lol:

Not a sellers market. 

Additionally,  unlike Tyrod I think Smith will have a lot of say where he gets traded which further limits his open market value.

If KC doesn't get a second day pick for Smith that may be a bad look...........but they might be able to better sell an unwanted starting QB for former 1st round DE trade a lot easier than just getting a late pick.

1 hour ago, Estro said:

Most your getting for him is a 5th, maybe.

Might be one if the slowest DEs in the NFL, which was evident on his college game tape.  Yoiu don't (shouldn't) draft run stuffing DEs in the 1st round

Fixed this for you.