Per Buffalo Fanatics, Bills actively looking to trade Shaq Lawson

YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

A team like Pittsburgh should be all over this, They would fully be able to utilize him. If we got a 4th for Ragland I'm sure we could get in the same ball park with Lawson.

Or could be part of a package for a player, such as Alex Smith. KC runs defense similar to Rex, may value Shaq. 

2 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Sooner rather than Later.. he can’t be traded until the new league year so I’ll go with later 

I would consider anything pre-draft to be “Sooner” rather than “later” in the offseason which would be when guys like Sammy, Darby, Ragland were unloaded.

Not a fan of the move unless we can get a 4th or better or a player that fills a need.  While he shouldn’t be a starter I think he can play several positions along our line as depth.  He’d be fine rotating in at DT once in awhile too.  While he can’t rush the passer he is good stopping at the run, something we were really bad at.  He’s at worst a solid depth player.  If we get a 5th and it turns out to be a Milano type I’ll be happy though.

I would like to see the Bills try to pry Dunlap away from Cincinnati.

4 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

Talk about exiling virtually every Whaley pick...woof. I suspect Bills will have 2 new starting DEs to start 2018 season.

The whole starting front four looks like it will be brand new. Maybe guys like Yarborough, Davis and Washington remain back ups, which isn't bad.

He played well at times at the end of last season, you thought he might keep it going, but in the scheme change which you thought might of been better for him he played worse. From the Whaley injury fiasco to the end it was a mini tire fire.

You have to get these interior picks right if you want a lasting success.

Washington is another who will end up traded or waived.

Edited by Jamie Muellers Ghost

I remember all the reports from camp saying Shaq was rushing the passer better than anyone?  Then when seeing him play (although other posters mentioned the 4 sacks) appeared to not be rushing the passer.  What I mean by that is, it looked like he was being asked to set the edge based on how he was positioning himself.  

I have no idea how I feel about this.  If it's true, I hope the draft pick in return makes me feel better about it.  

Keep in mind this could all be for the sole reason of moving up to get a QB.  

1 hour ago, NickelCity said:

Not terribly surprising, but by god we've got to draft better.

Dude, this isn't a case of "draft better".  This is a case of "scheme change shedding".

What we've got to do, is find competent coaching and FO so we can maintain some continuity. 

I hoped we had, but we're changing OC (and maybe OL/run game) - maybe Dawkins and Ducasse won't be such a good fit for the next guy, or Zay Jones doesn't suit his style, and on we turn.

13 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I think he should get into the 290 lbs range and play DT. He is such a one dimensional player and I'm 100% sure Rex was the main reason for Ragland and Lawson.

I think your thinking on this is correct

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

People keep saying that and he had 4 this year before he got hurt. I don’t know why people think that 7-8 is unreasonable? I don’t see him ever at 12 but a sack every other game? That’s not crazy.

Shaq was atrocious on the pass rush this year.

3 of the 4 sacks he had he never actually touched the QB while the QB was live(inbounds or not on a knee).    Utter vulture sacks that would not have kept coming.   They just don't.

By my count he touched a live QB at or behind the LOS twice all season..........and one was a personal foul for a late hit on McCown.

I wasn't real high on him but I really didn't anticipate he would be this bad.

But that slow first step is just a killer for a pass rusher.

Half the battle(or more) is getting the OT off balance and he just puts every OT in a comfort zone.

If he doesn't figure out how to get off the ball faster he's nothing more than a journeyman.........slow off the ball doesn't even translate to being a pass rusher inside.

They tried him some in preseason and early season at DT in passing situations and it was ugly there too.......you better be 340 if you can't get out of the way.

If he can figure out how to fix that first step he has some potential because he's strong and has excellent hands.

What throws people off is that quick burst he shows in run defense.......once he's in motion he has the ability to make a quick move to finish a play. 

But that first step is maybe even the worst in the NFL for a DE.    It's so bad that it just stands out.

All that said.........I'm not for trading him cheap because the Bills track record with DL in the draft after the 1st and 2nd rounds is woeful.

I think KW is the only good one they've drafted post round 2 this century. 

Maybe a straight up deal with KC for Alex Smith?  

• Like (+1) 1