Per Buffalo Fanatics, Bills actively looking to trade Shaq Lawson

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Don’t they have a pretty solid track record with info? I never thought he would be anything good but others had higher hopes. 

Yes they have had some hits, but some misses as well. I believe they said Jeremy Maclin was done deal.

they have had enough info in the past that I believe them to have a decent source 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Hated the pick when we took him. Hated the pick more when we found out his shoulder was a bum. 

They can probably find find a cheaper, edge setting DE with a low draft pick (which is all we can expect back) so I get the move. Such a shame that our recent history is littered with wasted draft capital.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I wouldn’t sell low on him. I don’t know that he will ever be a top end guy but I think that he can be an 8 sack guy that’s good against the run. There’s no reason to open another hole.

there is no planet where Lawson is ever going to be a 7-8 sack /yr guy. He doesn't have the pass rushing talents or moves. You can obviously see this watching tape. Even his college tape.

I would think after selling low on Rag's and seeing go on to be a solid contributing player for KC despite not having the benefit of having time in the system and having to learn his 3rd defensive scheme in 3 years, that it would give them more patience with Shaq.

Personally, I get he hasn't cemented his spot here, but I also think he has shown promise and is already on the team, so why sell low now due to injuries and create yet another hole to fill.  Lets keep in mind, lots of people here want us to trade a bounty of picks for a QB, but we created some sizable holes through trades that we haven't filled to go along with holes that already existed.  If we keep trading players for crap shoot draft picks, its going to be tough to improve because we are just drafting to replace rather fill the rest of the roster out.  

We already know we have a big need at DT, and if Kyle retires or isn't brought back, we have immediate 2 spots to fill.  Add in big needs at LB, OL, and the looming QB situation and we just cant fill all these effectively in the draft and FA.  Not to mention potential holes at DB with Gaines FA looming, needing another RB and WR.  

I vote no to this and play the upside here and avoid creating yet another hole.  

• Like (+1) 1