EJ Manuel

Whodey1967

3 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

IMO, He was literally the worst QB I have ever seen start significant time in the nfl. There is not a current qb in the nfl, starting or backing up that I would want less. Not exaggerating, I mean that 100%. Before people start saying you would rather have “blank?”  if the name is of a qb in the league, then the answer is yes. Hope that clears it up.

What an exaggeration.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

The op isn’t a Bills fan and was curious.  

In all fairness, the Bills are now my #2 team because of the fan generosity toward the Bengals.  I'm just getting a feel for my new brothers here is all....or as you said, curiosity.

6 hours ago, kdiggz said:

I just saw you are a Bengals fan.  We did not bring EJ back last year.  He is the backup for the Raiders now.  He played pretty poorly in 2 games for them when Derek Carr got injured.  Our QB has been Tyrod Taylor for the past 3 seasons and he is also not very good.  He probably won't be back next year and we will probably sign a veteran plus draft someone.  At this point, we would gladly take Dalton off your hands.  He is pretty popular around here lately

He really didn't play that poor this year.  He's way better than our backup. 

The hate for EJ on this board is so stupid. He got overdrafted, got thrown to the fire with a first time NFL coach as his qb coach and OC (and should have beaten the Pats in his debut), and struggled with injuries.

hes a completely fine backup qb. 

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

High character guy does everything right off the field in terms of preparation, hard work, and leadership.  Terrible on the football field.

He's no Nate Peterman for sure!!!

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He's no Nate Peterman for sure!!!

The Peterman meltdown reminded me of the London EJ meltdown.  EJ's 77.1 career passer rating makes him a below average backup.  It's not his fault the Bills were dumb enough to draft him in the 1st round.

7 hours ago, Whodey1967 said:

As a whole, how do the Bills fans view EJ?

I haven't seen him play much, and from what I have seen, he is a bit hot and cold.

Run away from him as fast as you can.

More than that you don't need to know.

6 hours ago, RiotAct said:

Horrible. Awful.  Putrid.

Oh come on man, stop sugar-coating it!

In truth, he was a lot worse than that!

• Like (+1) 1

Great kid first and foremost. 

Totally schizoid mechanics; a formula 1 race car above the waist and a complete jalopy below. 

Can’t read a defense to save his life and loses confidence too quickly. 

Terrific locker room presence. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, K-9 said:

Totally schizoid mechanics; a formula 1 race car above the waist and a complete jalopy below. 

Tricycle from the neck up.

Not sure how a slow, low confidence 1st round bust has much of a significant presence in an NFL locker room.

My biggest gripe was that he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.  People complain about Taylor because a throw comes in low or not in stride.  Manuel would hit one crossing pattern fine and then throw a moon shot 10 feet over a guys head.  He wasn't going to hit anyone more than 25 yards downfield period.  I'm not sure if Peterman is more accurate or not largely because a defender steps in front of half his passes

1 hour ago, Maine-iac said:

My biggest gripe was that he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.  People complain about Taylor because a throw comes in low or not in stride.  Manuel would hit one crossing pattern fine and then throw a moon shot 10 feet over a guys head.  He wasn't going to hit anyone more than 25 yards downfield period.  I'm not sure if Peterman is more accurate or not largely because a defender steps in front of half his passes

At least Peterman wasn't throwing in the dirt 5 yards out while having no pressure.  Honestly I'm not sure which guy is worse.  I know which one was way over drafted though.  Strange thing, I didn't think EJ had all that bad of a rookie season.  He just got worse from there instead of better.

Edited by Scott7975

12 hours ago, K-9 said:

....I'd say that is a spot on analysis....good show......reads, progressions and zero confidence were all major downfalls......ironically, Buddy and his gang had Genome Smith penciled in as their 1st choice....flew down to interview him and work him out....consensus on plane ride home was, "um no thanks"........EJ was 2nd fiddle.......

Really really really good kid.

Absolutely terrible QB.  He's the worst.  He's all over the place mechanically, he looks like a deer in the headlights, he plays scared, leaves plays on the field with late/bad throws.

He really really really sucks.  

I concur with the guy who would take any other active QB over him.  Joe Webb package all game over EEEEEEeeeeeeeJJJJJjjjj under center.  

Image result for ej manuel pick gif