26CornerBlitz

R. I. P. Keith Jackson

RIP

Still gives me chills every time ... also a cameo by our future QB coach Ken Dorsey :). This intro is flawless.

Edited by YoloinOhio

RIP Keith Jackson.
Jackson, Enberg, Sabol are voices of my youth when tv was black and white (literally).

My favorite football commentator ever.

Whenever he talked about players, it sounded like he was very knowledgeable about them, even the freshmen who barely played. Never once did it seem like he was just trying to wing it during a game.

Loved his metaphors and similes of the game. He was a joy to listen to.

RIP Mr. Jackson. :cry:

25 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

RIP Keith Jackson.
Jackson, Enberg, Sabol are voices of my youth when tv was black and white (literally).

Yup—they were all great.

Was it my imagination, or did the Bills also get a lot of Curt Gowdy, too, when we were growing up?

1 hour ago, MattM said:

Yup—they were all great.

Was it my imagination, or did the Bills also get a lot of Curt Gowdy, too, when we were growing up?

I had to check Gowdy's bio - he was lead AFL and AFC announcer for over a decade starting in 1965..

RIP Keith.  I can still hear him saying, "Look at them haases (horse) up front for Nebraska.  You and Dick Enberg were two of the greats. Thanks for the memories.

The tone of his voice was somehow perfectly suited to college football on a Saturday afternoon/evening.

Of note:  Everyone credits him with this "Wo Nelly!" catchphrase...

I remember watching an interview with him and he said he was not sure how that all got attached to his name, but it wasn't his.

I have wondered how that got started myself and if anyone can produce video of him actually saying "Wo Nelly" as I don't think this exists.

Funny he may be remembered for something he never said.

Edited by Fadingpain

I am certain that somewhere in Heaven today a Bear Bryant coached team is playing a Knute Rockne coached team and Keith is calling it.

RIP......