Update on NFL Head Coach Openings - All Openings Have Been Filled

6 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

I can't believe Schwartz is not hired yet.  Brings the Bills D to 4th in the league and it all falls apart the second he's gone.  Then he goes to Philly and brings the D from 30th to 4th in two years into the super bowl.  

Maybe 2019 will be his year to be a HC again. 

Surprised Schwartz hasn't landed a 2nd crack.  I thought the Giants was an obvious fit but they have been attracted by Shurmer's offensive guru status.  I really liked the Munchack to Arizona link but he decided to stay in Pitt.  Steve Wilks feels like a bit of a "what's left?" choice.  

14 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

I can't believe Schwartz is not hired yet.  Brings the Bills D to 4th in the league and it all falls apart the second he's gone.  Then he goes to Philly and brings the D from 30th to 4th in two years into the super bowl.  

It's not like he has a small sample size. The guy was a HC for five years and had a record of 29-51.

Schwartz will get his shot and then fail and again be one of the best DCs in the game. It’s what he is imo. Norv, wade, capers, Lebeau etc. the best of the best coordinators but average to below average head coaches 

There must be something about Schwartz's personality that makes him off-putting or something.

Either that, or owners/execs have identified him as a Wade Philips kinda guy. They see him as a fantastic coordinator, but not cut out for being a HC. Whether that's deserved (for either of them) or not is debatable, but they may just want him as a guy on their staff but not leading everyone.

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Schwartz will get his shot and then fail and again be one of the best DCs in the game. It’s what he is imo. Norv, wade, capers, Lebeau etc. the best of the best coordinators but average to below average head coaches 

He will get his chance again. I don't know if fail. Bill failed his first stop but everyone fails on the Browns. 

Just now, BigDingus said:

They're talking about Gilmore right now on Dan Leobatard show.

They're calling it the Patriot's special "cornerback levitation" play, where they unleash their super hero corner to defy gravity & stop a perfect throw by Bortles. 

Seriously, they're talking about him defying the laws of gravity, and going nuts describing how amazing the play was.

Gilmore everyone hero after 1 play lol. Still don't want him here in Buffalo.

4 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

He will get his chance again. I don't know if fail. Bill failed his first stop but everyone fails on the Browns. 

He’s amazing when he has to run a defense.  Running a team is different.  He may succeed, I shouldn’t have said he will fail.  I feel that he will most likely fail at his next HC opportunity.  He’s gonna need the perfect mesh of assistants and players, but it’s possible.  I just think his best overall value in the nfl is that of a DC.  He’s one of the best ever.

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

....what if Schwartz is purely content being a DC which is his obvious forte'?.......maybe extra money in exchange for added rigors/stress of HC job is not what he wants.....when Pegula contacted Polian about being czar, Schwartz said in inner OBD circles, "I'll just retire (wanted no part of Polian/czar).....I have plenty to live on"......Detroit paid him the remaining $13 mil on his HC deal....probably making $2 mil+ is Eagles DC and is on solid footing.........

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....what if Schwartz is purely content being a DC which is his obvious forte'?.......maybe extra money in exchange for added rigors/stress of HC job is not what he wants.....when Pegula contacted Polian about being czar, Schwartz said in inner OBD circles, "I'll just retire (wanted no part of Polian/czar).....I have plenty to live on"......Detroit paid him the remaining $13 mil on his HC deal....probably making $2 mil+ is Eagles DC and is on solid footing.........

That could certainly be the case.  It’s the route I’d take if I were him.  He can win Super Bowls based on his prowess as a DC

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

That could certainly be the case.  It’s the route I’d take if I were him.  He can win Super Bowls based on his prowess as a DC

...absolutely........certainly NOT diminishing by ANY means the amount of work and effort he has to put in to be a top DC.......defense is his niche, he's damn good at it and I'm sure he makes a decent living in that comfort zone....don't even think I've seen his name mentioned for any of the recent HC vacancies, perhaps by his choice..........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy