Seahawks may embrace a college style offense

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Arizona should bring in Tyrod and do the same thing.  With that defense and David Johnson, they’d be really exciting to watch.

And good for Carroll thinking outside the box - kinda the opposite of McD hiring Dennison to fit a traditional timing offense to Tyrod...

Rumours are Arizona is going to go after Keenum. Because of the Pat Shurmer connection .

But ya I hear your point and that would definitely be TTS best chance for success 

8 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Rumours are Arizona is going to go after Keenum. Because of the Pat Shurmer connection .

But ya I hear your point and that would definitely be TTS best chance for success 

....some speculation called it a "package deal"......if so and with Stanton a UFA, would you consider him as your vet presence?.......he had a 2 year, $6.5 mil deal with $4.5 mil guaranteed.......coming off an ACL though..............

1 minute ago, Doc said:

So "the next level" is...college level?

It kind of is.  The NFL probably needs to move away from complex systems that rely on veteran QBs and depth along the offense.  College has adapted to an easier system that features athletic QBs and can accommodate constant roster cycling.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

So "the next level" is...college level?

When you can't find QB's who can successfully play at a pro level maybe you're best to find those who can at a college level and adapt

And !@#$ Matt Canada.  I want matt Murica

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I used to be completely against Air Raid QB’s because the style didn’t adapt the NFL at all and only successful in college. But looks like the NFL is adapting to the college game on offense and spread and Air Raid guys might start having an easier transition.

There are already spread concepts being utilized a lot. I see that only increasing. Nagy/Reid used a mix of WCO and spread in KC with some success. Nagy will utilize Helfrich to incorporate more spread, as Trubisky cane from a pro-style spread O at UNC. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

There are already spread concept being utilized a ton. Nagy/Reid used a mix of WCO and spread in KC with some success. Nagy will utilize Helfrich to incorporate more spread, as Trubisky cane from a pro-style spread O at UNC. 

....got to see the Mayfield kid for the first time in the bowl game....do you think his style fits what McD/Beane want to do offensively?...............

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....got to see the Mayfield kid for the first time in the bowl game....do you think his style fits what McD/Beane want to do offensively?...............

I don’t know what they want to do offensively other than score points, lol. McD is a defensive guy and Beane has only continued to say he wants a QB who can succeed from the pocket. Mayfield is an ideal fit for a WCO with spread concepts, which is what Andy Reid runs. If McD wants to replicate that with, say, Alex Smith as a bridge, Mayfield would be a fit as the rookie.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t know what they want to do offensively other than score points, lol. McD is a defensive guy and Beane has only continued to say he wants a QB who can succeed from the pocket. Mayfield is an ideal fit for a WCO with spread concepts, which is what Andy Reid runs. If McD wants to replicate that with, say, Alex Smith as a bridge, Mayfield would be a fit as the rookie.

...thanks for the assessment.....

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

There are already spread concepts being utilized a lot. I see that only increasing. Nagy/Reid used a mix of WCO and spread in KC with some success. Nagy will utilize Helfrich to incorporate more spread, as Trubisky cane from a pro-style spread O at UNC. 

Thats what Gailey brought to us isn’t it?

12 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

When you can't find QB's who can successfully play at a pro level maybe you're best to find those who can at a college level and adapt

And !@#$ Matt Canada.  I want matt Murica

Wilson has been successful playing at a pro level....