If the OC is Bevell I see 2 Things.....

JMF2006

If they give DB the job as OC I think they keep TT as the Vet mentor and draft Mayfield or Lamar Jackson.

Ok I lied 3 things....but the draft pick will be one of those 2 and with his history...experience with a mobile QB I think TT stays.

14 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

If they give DB the job as OC I think they keep TT as the Vet mentor and draft Mayfield or Lamar Jackson.

Ok I lied 3 things....but the draft pick will be one of those 2 and with his history...experience with a mobile QB I think TT stays.

Yes but no jackson, tired of athletes instead of QBs.

• Like (+1) 1

Bevell is my choice.  I'm ok with tyrod being at qb for a few reasons.......

1. I believe a OC like Bevell will definitely improve tyrods production which improves Buffalos production.

2. We have a chance in this draft to add a bunch of key pieces with our draft pics and maybe even shore up more for future.  Play in the positive not the negative!  So let's not give away 2 1st rounds this year and possibly another next or even a 2nd also on a crap shoot for the next Tom Brady.

3. TYROD hasn't had eye popping #s no but he does protect the ball.  He does throw a pretty ball to and can scramble. New OC (bevell)  and a solid off-season w Benjamin Jones Mathews Thompson clay n Oleary or mayne even throw in a new name with our 2 first rounders or possibly Mark Andrews TE from Oklahoma... in the 2nd round and it could be a whole different world next yr.

4. I guess this touches with last point with our draft stock.... 2 back to back picks we could go after a high motor pass rusher a stud DT and maybe even LB/cb.  Make that Defense one they all don't want to face.  Guys like Smith from Georgia n Evans from bama vita vea from Washington can move for a 300 pounder at DT and was always making plays.   I guess the bottom line for me is .... Lets not trade all of our picks when we clearly need a bunch of pieces. This draft if done right and I'm trusting the process(McDermott n Bean have made me a believer)  we could take a HUGE step in being serious perennial contenders. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JMF2006 said:

No, no....Bevell scouted Russ and maximized his value but he was also responsible for one of Favre’s best years as he ended his career in Minnesota. Nothing says he will keep Tyrod, and I HATE the false narrative that Tyrod and Russ have ANYTHING in common except their species. 

Russ is accurate, can read Defenses, has a cannon for an arm (Tyrod’s Isn’t bad) and anticipates guys open while calling audibles. Just because Russ can run and Tyrod can run does NOT mean Bevell wants a mobile QB over a quality QB, because that’s the defacto choice.

Moreover, look at Beane’s comments about how they will select a QB - nothing in those comments indicate Beane will have an interest in keeping Tyrod - and when you couple that with his statements prior to last season, Taylor is toast as a Bill.....thank God!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I think the Bills are going to trade for Alex Smith and draft a QB. They aren't going to pay Taylor the same money when they obviously don't want him.

I hesitate to say this, but by the numbers for Smith over the past seven seasons are really good -- elite, in fact. Since 2011, his teams have gone 69-31-1 with him at the helm. He is not the reason they lost to TN either. He played well in that game and was REALLY let down by the backup TE and the kicker, who pretty much cost them the game on offense.

He led the league in passer rating this year and the Chiefs ended up 6th in yards and 5th in points. 

Honestly, I'd take him, and I'd be happy to get him.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 7

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

I hesitate to say this, but by the numbers for Smith over the past seven seasons are really good -- elite, in fact. Since 2011, his teams have gone 69-31-1 with him at the helm. He is not the reason they lost to TN either. He played well in that game and was REALLY let down by the backup TE and the kicker, who pretty much cost them the game on offense.

He led the league in passer rating this year and the Chiefs ended up 6th in yards and 5th in points. 

Honestly, I'd take him, and I'd be happy to get him.

Does it bug you at all that multiple coaches have tried to replace him?

2 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I think the Bills are going to trade for Alex Smith and draft a QB. They aren't going to pay Taylor the same money when they obviously don't want him.

Many want him gone and think it is over for him, sadly bring in a new OC that wants to use him one more year then boom we get to see the same fail of a new OC.

In comes OC#5 in 2019 and guess what he also thinks he can do something with Tyrod, why? Because there is no other QB on the team worth a snot because once again OBD avoided drafting a top QB in 2018 so they can address other needs, AKA the Whaley QB purgatory move, if the team never pushes to draft a top QB they will never have one. The blinders of the Chan effect(akaFitz) thinking what they have is good enough. This team has been stuck in the same groundhogs day all those years for a reason. Yippy we got lucky for a wild card once in 17 years, I bet OBD stays with the exact same fail and rides the Tyrod another year. Cutler look out your streak of 5 OCs before your released will be taken out, the Bills are on the way. Reset that drought clock here comes the next 17 and dozens of staffs riding the same type of short bus not good enough QBs.

Edited by xRUSHx
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Seahawks had the dumbest offense in the nfl. It had no direction, it was the most frustrating thing to watch in football. Every play was Wilson running around like a chicken with his head cut off and then just lobbing a lollipop down the field. Sometimes they get a pass interference or some times it’s incomplete. I want nothing to do with Bevell. I hate that offense. I would have rather kept Denison.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The Seahawks had the dumbest offense in the nfl. It had no direction, it was the most frustrating thing to watch in football. Every play was Wilson running around like a chicken with his head cut off and then just lobbing a lollipop down the field. Sometimes they get a pass interference or some times it’s incomplete. I want nothing to do with Bevell. I hate that offense. I would have rather kept Denison.

I agree 1000%

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Some of that is on Wilson, who became addicted to freelancing.  Much of that is on the offensive line, which struggled so badly in pass protection that it dramatically limited the types of plays they could run, and forced Wilson to abandon the playcall time and time again.

16 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Does it bug you at all that multiple coaches have tried to replace him?

No, because he's not end game. He would be there to school our new quarterback and in the interim give us solid quarterbacking with accuracy and anticipation with throws. Something we sorely lack. I think it'd be a great scenario.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Green Lightning said:

No, because he's not end game. He would be there to school our new quarterback and in the interim give us solid quarterbacking with accuracy and anticipation with throws. Something we sorely lack. I think it'd be a great scenario.

I would be ok with that, though I’m still not convinced they’re planning to draft a QB.  I could see this regime talking themselves into passing on a QB and focusing on other parts of the roster to build around an Alex Smith.  

My biggest issue with Alex Smith is that he runs a horizontal offense.  He works the 5-7 yard area better than any QB in the league but he also demonstrates a maddening unwillingness to throw it past the sticks on 3rd down.  He needs WRs who can separate and get YAC.  We have zero of those... I really don’t see the fit.  And if Shula is the OC it’s a horrible match.  Good luck running “seven-step drop and chuck it” with Alex Smith as your QB.

4 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

I don't see that at all from Bevell.   But that is just my opinion.  I could be totally wrong.

3 hours ago, sugashane69 said:

Bevell is my choice.  I'm ok with tyrod being at qb for a few reasons.......

1. I believe a OC like Bevell will definitely improve tyrods production which improves Buffalos production.

2. We have a chance in this draft to add a bunch of key pieces with our draft pics and maybe even shore up more for future.  Play in the positive not the negative!  So let's not give away 2 1st rounds this year and possibly another next or even a 2nd also on a crap shoot for the next Tom Brady.

3. TYROD hasn't had eye popping #s no but he does protect the ball.  He does throw a pretty ball to and can scramble. New OC (bevell)  and a solid off-season w Benjamin Jones Mathews Thompson clay n Oleary or mayne even throw in a new name with our 2 first rounders or possibly Mark Andrews TE from Oklahoma... in the 2nd round and it could be a whole different world next yr.

4. I guess this touches with last point with our draft stock.... 2 back to back picks we could go after a high motor pass rusher a stud DT and maybe even LB/cb.  Make that Defense one they all don't want to face.  Guys like Smith from Georgia n Evans from bama vita vea from Washington can move for a 300 pounder at DT and was always making plays.   I guess the bottom line for me is .... Lets not trade all of our picks when we clearly need a bunch of pieces. This draft if done right and I'm trusting the process(McDermott n Bean have made me a believer)  we could take a HUGE step in being serious perennial contenders. 

I have a feeling that the NFL has seen the best play we are ever going to see out of Tyrod and it was in 2015 and 2016.    I think he is capable of much better play, but only if the coaches specifically design the offense around him.   I thought Dennison was the NFL's best chance to do that - and he didn't do it.   So, I say the Bills are better off moving on and going with a more traditional style of quarterback.  And I think that is exactly what they will do.    My guess is they get a QB whose strength is his arm talent and his brain - while also having a very strong work ethic.   Tyrod is only really strong in one of those traits (the work ethic).    IMHO they should and will move on.

Edited by PolishDave

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I would be ok with that, though I’m still not convinced they’re planning to draft a QB.  I could see this regime talking themselves into passing on a QB and focusing on other parts of the roster to build around an Alex Smith.  

My biggest issue with Alex Smith is that he runs a horizontal offense.  He works the 5-7 yard area better than any QB in the league but he also demonstrates a maddening unwillingness to throw it past the sticks on 3rd down.  He needs WRs who can separate and get YAC.  We have zero of those... I really don’t see the fit.  And if Shula is the OC it’s a horrible match.  Good luck running “seven-step drop and chuck it” with Alex Smith as your QB.

I just do not see them going for Smith. I agree they could end up not drafting a QB early in the draft because they have done the same fail for a long time so to think they will accualy pull the trigger on one would be a big step in the right direction for OBD and sadly I just do not have confidence they will do it. See it then I will believe it until then same old Bills IMO.

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Hey I'm with you coach. I want Smith but only under the proviso that they draft a young quarterback this year! Smith is here to groom him for the future and to give a solid quarterbacking in the interim. Wouldn't it be great to actually have the ball leave the quarterback's hand before the break? I live to see the day!