Mike McCoy won't be the OC per Carucci

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

That's what I thought. I keep seeing people posting that McCoy turned us down, but didn't see any evidence of that. It could easily be McDermott that chose not to offer him a job.

Twitterverse.  

Post and update instead of doing an more detailed story.  

53 minutes ago, MJS said:

So did McCoy turn us down or did McDermott not want McCoy?

Yeah we are waiting for "connected" Vic to give us some more news.

Why someone would just blanket post Bills will not be hiring McCoy, after he was listed as one of the top 2 candidates, and not give even a shred or small hint of additional info as to why, is not a good reporter.

Just now, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

#billsmafia , time to punk the McCoys!

Nah not surprising. They are on west coast. It’s not so much he doesn’t  want to coach Bills as it is his family wants him closer to Cali and aren’t moving. I’d look for him as OC of Cardinals when it’s all over.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, starrymessenger said:

Just an unconfirmed rumor but I heard Coach wanted him but Beane did not. It's Coach's call but McCoy allegedly off the list.

It's McDermott's staff and I have no doubt he gets to make calls on who his assistants are. 

17 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

We still Believe that McCoy will be the OC. We believe it will still be within the week. 

Hmm... kinda sounds a to like someone we all know.  Was this a little look behind the curtain?

Perhaps you're Don/Chad/whatever?

If so, please for the love of God, give it up.

14 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

My comment may be a pos and neg.  

Stafford had 8 game winning drives last season IIRC under Caldwell. 

Now we TD downtown Buffalo 

keep up man.  ;)

Don is so confusing! :lol:

14 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Who fits that description?

Got me??

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

Just an unconfirmed rumor but I heard Coach wanted him but Beane did not. It's Coach's call but McCoy allegedly off the list.

I do not buy this at all. Doesn’t fit the franchise. Whaley got fired after never being able to hire a HC of his own. But suddenly now, Bean can override the HC as to who to hire as OC? 

9 hours ago, Mango said:

I do not buy this at all. Doesn’t fit the franchise. Whaley got fired after never being able to hire a HC of his own. But suddenly now, Bean can override the HC as to who to hire as OC? 

Like I said, it's Coaches call, and I'm just reporting this as a rumour. OTOH I'd be surprised if the HC and the GM did not discuss important appointments like the one this would be, and it probably helps if they are both onside the decision.