Could you mentally survive another drought?

Chugga

2 hours ago, mead107 said:

Yes I can 

I agree with you Mead.

Well, I guess the question is how much of your happiness depends on the Bills winning versus having a football team to root for and a community of (most) posters to discuss strategy, be excited or discuss personal decisions, and simply enjoy the game of football.

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I find answers at the bottom of a glass with 2 oz of Macallan on the rocks.  I know dilution of good whiskey is anathema to some, but I figure I don't dilute it - I pour it undiluted over my ice.

I once found my answers there too. But then I got so I was asking too many questions, just because I liked the answers so much. 

So I got expelled from that school of learning so to speak. And I have had to live through this 17 years without one drop. It has been brutal!! 

11 hours ago, BilLions said:

May stop watching but if not, would be painful. but I'd survive. Oddly I wonder if it would be as fun to be a fan if they won all the time.

I'd like to do the experiment.

Seriously, back in the day when the Bills went to 4 straight Superbowls?  The board that existed then (GoBills as I recall) and editorials in TBN didn't look as different as you might suppose.  Still fans calling for Ted Marchibroda or Walt Corey or someone's head - Jeff Wright and Ray Bently were frequent targets, sometimes even Kent Hull.

7 hours ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

I once found my answers there too. But then I got so I was asking too many questions, just because I liked the answers so much. 

So I got expelled from that school of learning so to speak. And I have had to live through this 17 years without one drop. It has been brutal!!

Yes yes, I can see where that could be a path.  I find I ask most questions of my teen these days, :ph34r: not to be answered by whiskey heh heh

It helps that I only like pretty good Scotch, and my budget won't stretch to afford too much of it. 

I'll have to be careful when she's off next year.

I don’t think it’s possible it can happen again. That was unbelievable that not once, the ball bounced are way in 17 years.

When I was a kid, a yellow jacket was chasing me and I was running away from it.  My mom had the front door open and when I got to it, I slammed it shut.  I couldn’t hear or see the yellow jacket in the house.  I looked and I closed the door squashing the bee mid flight.  That’ll never happen again even if tried a million times.  That’s how I feel about the Bills chances going through a 17 year drought again.

The yellow jacket story isn’t made up, it really happened.

Well, after what we have just been through, how would you define drought?

How many years before we start labeling it a drought?

This is important because I only have so many years left. Forget about mentally. :wacko:

55 minutes ago, cd1 said:

Well, after what we have just been through, how would you define drought?

How many years before we start labeling it a drought?

This is important because I only have so many years left. Forget about mentally. :wacko:

It never felt like a drought to me until we were alone at the top (or bottom) of the list of longest time since last reaching the playoffs (and honestly I don’t even remember when we first took that distinction). Once all the other fringe teams started to get a lucky hot streak and remove their names from the list that’s when it hit me like “oh crap it’s been a long time”.  Before that it just felt like single seasons of missing the playoffs when the word drought gets thrown in it’s like one massive missed chunk of time and opportunities.

• Like (+1) 1

The drought happened largely because Tom Brady happened. There were other factors , but it was a main driver of the drought. A Brady isn't going to happen again. If there's another drought, it's not going to be nearly as long. The AFC landscape will look much different in the next few seasons, and the Bills have an opportunity to put themeselves in the thick of it.