Could you mentally survive another drought?

Chugga

2 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Another 17 year drought?  I’d be 55 by then and probably more interested in LL Bean catalogues and healthy bowel movements.  No probs.

My bowel movements are just fine....but thanks for your future concern.  Diet and Exercise!

Gotta put this in

https://www.vevo.com/watch/cake/i-will-survive/USRV81600048

1 hour ago, Chugga said:

Felt good this year to finally put the drought behind us and watch some meaningful football in January even if the outcome wasn’t exactly how I wanted.

But it got me thinking I remember after that game in 1999 I was ready to avenge things next season and we didn’t.  Then I would have bet a fortune on Bledsoe/Moulds/Price combined with that insane defense would have gotten us back...but they didn’t.  JP never felt right, but then it was Trent Edwards pre-hit but nothing happened.  Then there was that lull where you kinda gave in to the drought then everyone thought Fitz was going to drag us out or if not him maybe EJ after he matured a bit and worked on his mechanics (which never happened).

I guess the point is I never assumed a drought would happen and I never really noticed until we were knee deep in it.  While I think McBean has us pointed in the right direction what if another drought slowly crept up on us.  Would you have the stomach for it?

To be truthful, unless there's a significant change in officiating, I'm more likely to barf out of watching the NFL than I am to be troubled by another Bills drought.

16 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

HEY- 17 dammit !!!! ???

Pure optimism!!!!

Haha......just added 3 more years....felt like 20...

1 hour ago, Nervous Guy said:

Aren't we still in  a drought?  It's been 19 years since we won a playoff game!  ^_^

I think the thought is its the end of the "music city curse"........baby steps man......

I wouldn't be surprised to see us take a small step back next year depending on what we do at Qb.  The following year will be the jump hopefully.  No way this team goes through another 17 year drought, but it will definitely be fun to take that next step and get the playoff win.  

I could survive 17 years of honest effort that failed.

I won't survive 17 more years of excuses why they do not do what they need to do, and why it is not their fault they they haven'y done what they needed to do.

Personally I won't listen to any more of that stuff, at all. 

Lucky for me with the new guys, I am pretty sure I won't need to listen to that kind of stuff any more.

Wait, come to think of it, I am not entirely sure I mentally survived this one. :( So how do I answer?

Edited by BadLandsMeanie
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Chugga said:

Felt good this year to finally put the drought behind us and watch some meaningful football in January even if the outcome wasn’t exactly how I wanted.

But it got me thinking I remember after that game in 1999 I was ready to avenge things next season and we didn’t.  Then I would have bet a fortune on Bledsoe/Moulds/Price combined with that insane defense would have gotten us back...but they didn’t.  JP never felt right, but then it was Trent Edwards pre-hit but nothing happened.  Then there was that lull where you kinda gave in to the drought then everyone thought Fitz was going to drag us out or if not him maybe EJ after he matured a bit and worked on his mechanics (which never happened).

I guess the point is I never assumed a drought would happen and I never really noticed until we were knee deep in it.  While I think McBean has us pointed in the right direction what if another drought slowly crept up on us.  Would you have the stomach for it?

It sneaks up on you.You dont even know it and it hits you.If we dont get a very good QB this offseason thru the draft you can pretty much count on years and years of utter horror.Just like the horror of the past 18 yrs.

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Gotta put this in

https://www.vevo.com/watch/cake/i-will-survive/USRV81600048

To be truthful, unless there's a significant change in officiating, I'm more likely to barf out of watching the NFL than I am to be troubled by another Bills drought.

That's so true.  The officiating is making the game unwatchable.  Seriously, unwatchable.  I only watch Bills games and then the odd one here or there.  Go Bills!

1 hour ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

I won't survive 17 more years of excuses why they do not do what they need to do, and why it is not their fault they they haven'y done what they needed to do.

Lucky for me with the new guys, I am pretty sure I won't need to listen to that kind of stuff any more.

Wait, come to think of it, I am not entirely sure I mentally survived this one. :( So how do I answer?

All well said!

1 hour ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

I find answers at the bottom of a glass with 2 oz of Macallan on the rocks.  I know dilution of good whiskey is anathema to some, but I figure I don't dilute it - I pour it undiluted over my ice.