Could you mentally survive another drought?

Chugga

Felt good this year to finally put the drought behind us and watch some meaningful football in January even if the outcome wasn’t exactly how I wanted.

But it got me thinking I remember after that game in 1999 I was ready to avenge things next season and we didn’t.  Then I would have bet a fortune on Bledsoe/Moulds/Price combined with that insane defense would have gotten us back...but they didn’t.  JP never felt right, but then it was Trent Edwards pre-hit but nothing happened.  Then there was that lull where you kinda gave in to the drought then everyone thought Fitz was going to drag us out or if not him maybe EJ after he matured a bit and worked on his mechanics (which never happened).

I guess the point is I never assumed a drought would happen and I never really noticed until we were knee deep in it.  While I think McBean has us pointed in the right direction what if another drought slowly crept up on us.  Would you have the stomach for it?

Things will change dramatically once Brady and Belichick are gone. Plus, I can't imagine this team going another 17 years as long as they keep going in the direction they're going. Anything can happen obviously, but I can only think this team will keep getting better the more talent they add

We needed to end the drought. That was just a weight on us that needed to go away. Past that I don't put much into this season as far as qualifying the teams future. We had much better teams over the last 17 years than the 2017 Bills. I do feel good about the leadership and direction and that probably means the most long term.