Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BurpleBull

Tom Clements: The Better Choice at Off. Coordinator ???

Recommended Posts

I want no one leading this team that was here during the drought. I don't care who they are, they have that 'itis

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Matt Canada - Nate Peterman's head coach at Pitt.  He's considered to have one of the most creative offensive minds in the college ranks.  He just left LSU as their offensive coordinator because the head coach couldn't handle his creativity.

this is who our next OC should be....not Chud, McCoy,  Shula, DiFillipo etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McD wanted McCoy last year.. now he gets him unless McCoy is spooked by having to work with a rookie QB, which in all likelihood he will 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, aceman_16 said:

PLEASE no Shula!!

 

With McCoy's name apparently off the table, that leaves me with Clements and Shula.

 

Shula may be a name that starts to gain traction in the OC discussion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clements has no real track record in GB.  Mike McCarthy is their real OC.  Why not Curtis Modkins?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Clements has no real track record in GB.  Mike McCarthy is their real OC.  Why not Curtis Modkins?

 

Where's your proof?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BurpleBull said:

 

Where's your proof?

 

McCarthy calls the plays in GB.  What has Clements done to prove he can successfully lead an NFL offense? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

 

McCarthy calls the plays in GB.  What has Clements done to prove he can successfully lead an NFL offense? 

 

Why then was Edgar Bennett just fired as their OC, if any ole OC can just be plugged in, with McCarthy running the show ?

 

What was Bennett's purpose as OC and what was the source of his being fired?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BurpleBull said:

 

Why then was Edgar Bennett just fired as their OC, if any ole OC can just be plugged in, with McCarthy running the show ?

 

What was Bennett's purpose as OC and what was the source of his being fired?

 

You didn't answer the question about Clements. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seahawks fired their guy.  They blamed him for everything ranging from the seasonal rainfall to the Amtrak derailment (Seattle fans are not very knowledgeable about football). BUT the guy was smart enough to look at Russell Willson, realize the talents he had, and build an offense around him that worked.  Injuries and dumb personnel moves left him w/o much of an O-line but I get sick of teams who bring in guys who have their own agendas and then expect the players to perform when they may not be a good fit for the scheme.  That just lends to endless rebuilding.  I'm tired of rebuilding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

 

You didn't answer the question about Clements. 

 

GB was one of the top offenses during his time as its OC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

GB was one of the top offenses during his time as its OC.

 

Of course they did with Rodgers as the QB. I haven't heard or seen his name any place as an OC candidate for any team in 2018 other than this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

 

Of course they did with Rodgers as the QB. I haven't heard or seen his name any place as an OC candidate for any team in 2018 other than this thread.

 

Now can you address my comment pertaining to Edgar Bennett's recent firing as OC in GB?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BurpleBull said:

 

Now can you address my comment pertaining to Edgar Bennett's recent firing as OC in GB?

 

Coaches shake up staffs when the heat is on. He's out just like Clements was last season, but the constant is McCarthy because it's his show.  What has the great Tom Clements done in the last year? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

 

I will approve of anyone that had experienced multiple years of success calling plays in the NFL. 

I’m sure that OBD is taking this into consideration, probably high on the list too.  According to sources deep within the last thing the Bills want to do is get a coordinator you disapprove of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

I’m sure that OBD is taking this into consideration, probably high on the list too.  According to sources deep within the last thing the Bills want to do is get a coordinator you disapprove of.

I approved of Dennison though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×