Jump to content
McBean

A dark horse candidate for OC...

Recommended Posts

Watch out for Jim Bob Cooter Detroit OC.

 

Depending on who is hired, he could be available. That would be my #1 choice. He's done an amazing job with Matt Stafford and I would 100% trust him with our first round QB.

 

I would love Chud as well.

 

Heck no Mike Shula.

 

Just my 2 cents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, McBean said:

Watch out for Jim Bob Cooter Detroit OC.

 

Depending on who is hired, he could be available. That would be my #1 choice. He's done an amazing job with Matt Stafford and I would 100% trust him with our first round QB.

 

I would love Chud as well.

 

Heck no Mike Shula.

 

Just my 2 cents.

He's not real impressive IMO. When you have that QB you should be able to finish top 10 every year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CuddyDark said:

Jim Bob Cooter is not an OC. He's like Chan hiring Modkins.

 

 

...LOL...sounds like he should be on The Waltons..............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Jim Bob Cooter is not an OC. He's like Chan hiring Modkins.

 

He designed and called the plays in Detroit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BillsinChesterSprings said:

I'd take Jim Caldwell.

 

Didn't think about Caldwell.

 

A good name to throw in the hat as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

 

He designed and called the plays in Detroit.

If he's done all of that, which I don't buy Detroit should make him HC. If they don't that should tell you something.

Edited by CuddyDark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone has ever seen the movie C.H.U.D, you’d know who you want as the OC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

If he's done all of that, which I don't buy Detroit should make him HC. If they don't that should tell you something.

 

Why don't you buy it?  

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2017/11/04/detroit-lions-jim-bob-cooter/831386001/

 

I don't understand your comment about "Detroit should make him OC".  He struggled and was criticized for his offense this year....what point were you trying to make and how does that relate to him calling and designing the offense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, McBean said:

Watch out for Jim Bob Cooter Detroit OC.

 

Depending on who is hired, he could be available. That would be my #1 choice. He's done an amazing job with Matt Stafford and I would 100% trust him with our first round QB.

 

I would love Chud as well.

 

Heck no Mike Shula.

 

Just my 2 cents.

I would do back flips if we got Cooter. He is by far the best choice for OC. 

 

Isnt he interviewing for HC jobs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

 

He should be the first choice forget about darkhorse. 

I wonder if he is even on McBeans list of candidates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, McBean said:

Watch out for Jim Bob Cooter Detroit OC.

 

Depending on who is hired, he could be available. That would be my #1 choice. He's done an amazing job with Matt Stafford and I would 100% trust him with our first round QB.

 

I would love Chud as well.

 

Heck no Mike Shula.

 

Just my 2 cents.

 

He's been discussed here as an option all week bro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I said I was a big Chud fan but I can safely say I'm an ever bigger Cooter fan.

 

MarvelousShamelessHarvestmouse-max-1mb.g

 

I'm just talkin bout them Dukes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thunderingsquid said:

I know I said I was a big Chud fan but I can safely say I'm an ever bigger Cooter fan.

 

MarvelousShamelessHarvestmouse-max-1mb.g

 

I'm just talkin bout them Dukes.

Was that sum sexual misconduckden goin on wit Daisy?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if the best OCs available would consider being an OC at this point.  There are head coaching spots still available.  Skipping possible opportunities in better situations to come to a team with no QB.  

 

Id be happy with cooter 100%.  Who doesn’t love saying cooter?  I do.  Would also be good with chud.  Gonna look into Canada as well. His scheme are pretty sweet.  Dunno if it would fly in the nfl thought.  I’m kind of expecting mccoy. Who is behind the rest in my choices.  Just hope whoever it is doesnt suck like Dennison.  That was painful 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, McBean said:

 

Didn't think about Caldwell.

 

A good name to throw in the hat as well.

I posted a bunch of blurbs about 3 or 4  “candidates” in the poll thread. 

Jim actually looks the best from what I read.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CuddyDark said:

If he's done all of that, which I don't buy Detroit should make him HC. If they don't that should tell you something.

What should tell you something is how much Stafford has improved under Cooter. What should tell you something is that Detroit wants to hire a HC that will keep Cooter as OC. What should tell you something is that Stafford is lobbying hard for him to be back as OC. 

 

Cooter is easily the best OC available.

24 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I wonder if the best OCs available would consider being an OC at this point.  There are head coaching spots still available.  Skipping possible opportunities in better situations to come to a team with no QB.  

 

Id be happy with cooter 100%.  Who doesn’t love saying cooter?  I do.  Would also be good with chud.  Gonna look into Canada as well. His scheme are pretty sweet.  Dunno if it would fly in the nfl thought.  I’m kind of expecting mccoy. Who is behind the rest in my choices.  Just hope whoever it is doesnt suck like Dennison.  That was painful 

I remember watching Pitt play Clemson, if that was Canada that put that offensive game plan together I wouldn't mind having him after we try for Cooter. If that was Canada at Pitt he used so many different formations and movement against Clemson I felt bad for that defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love me some Jim Bob Cooter, his name alone is legendary and would be fitting in a city like Buffalo.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

What should tell you something is how much Stafford has improved under Cooter. What should tell you something is that Detroit wants to hire a HC that will keep Cooter as OC. What should tell you something is that Stafford is lobbying hard for him to be back as OC. 

 

Cooter is easily the best OC available.

I remember watching Pitt play Clemson, if that was Canada that put that offensive game plan together I wouldn't mind having him after we try for Cooter. If that was Canada at Pitt he used so many different formations and movement against Clemson I felt bad for that defense.

Yep, that’s him.  Crazy formations galore.  Might work.  Might not. I agree, if cooter isn’t gonna happen I almost prefer him to chud.  Might be a stupid idea but that’s the gambler in me I suppose.

 

cooter> Canada> chud is my preference based on names I’ve heard mentioned 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His offenses are notoriously uncreative and he can’t design a running game to save his life.  This would be an AWFUL hire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×