MY Ideal off-season moves

D521646

Ok, so been thinking about this a lot, and what I'd like to see won't happen, but here it is, what do you think?

1.  Find a way to unload any combination of Glenn/Hughes/Taylor and the 21st overall pick, and one of our 2nd round picks to move up to 4 and grab Mayfield, and then Gordon from the Browns.

2.  Sign Keenum and let them compete.

3.  Trade the 22nd overall pick back or best player available if we covet someone there.

4.  Use our remaining picks filling holes at MLB (Assuming Brown is gone) CB, G/T, DT, and RB to compliment Shady.

5.  Move Lorax back to DE/LB in the Hughes role for one more year!

6.  Use the cap dollars to sign McD type players, Maybe Lotulalai at DT to fill other roles.

7.  Sign a quality OC, someone with some creativity, that has had a good track record with young QB's, and also knows how to use our OL in the running game.  (Think Kromer type mauling run game)

8.  I think Frazier is ok at DC for now.

9.  Grab a speedy WR either in the draft or FA, need that deep threat it was missing all year!

What are the odds of this happening?  Not very good, but in a perfect world this is what I'd like to see.  Glenn and TT have to go, Hughes?  Well, it's anyone's guess, he did play consistent all year and was his best year setting the edge in the run-game, but his lack of sacks/pressures was noticeable on Defense and I think we can replace him for very little.  Even Ritchie is not off the table, IMO.

Point is that we need three QB's on the roster at training camp, and at least one proven vet.  I'd also like to retain JMatt, heck any of our current WR corps as we really don't know what they have until we see TT gone, IMO.

Thoughts?

Tim-

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, D521646 said:

Ok, so been thinking about this a lot, and what I'd like to see won't happen, but here it is, what do you think?

1.  Find a way to unload any combination of Glenn/Hughes/Taylor and the 21st overall pick, and one of our 2nd round picks to move up to 4 and grab Mayfield, and then Gordon from the Browns.

2.  Sign Keenum and let them compete.

3.  Trade the 22nd overall pick back or best player available if we covet someone there.

4.  Use our remaining picks filling holes at MLB (Assuming Brown is gone) CB, G/T, DT, and RB to compliment Shady.

5.  Move Lorax back to DE/LB in the Hughes role for one more year!

6.  Use the cap dollars to sign McD type players, Maybe Lotulalai at DT to fill other roles.

7.  Sign a quality OC, someone with some creativity, that has had a good track record with young QB's, and also knows how to use our OL in the running game.  (Think Kromer type mauling run game)

8.  I think Frazier is ok at DC for now.

9.  Grab a speedy WR either in the draft or FA, need that deep threat it was missing all year!

What are the odds of this happening?  Not very good, but in a perfect world this is what I'd like to see.  Glenn and TT have to go, Hughes?  Well, it's anyone's guess, he did play consistent all year and was his best year setting the edge in the run-game, but his lack of sacks/pressures was noticeable on Defense and I think we can replace him for very little.  Even Ritchie is not off the table, IMO.

Point is that we need three QB's on the roster at training camp, and at least one proven vet.  I'd also like to retain JMatt, heck any of our current WR corps as we really don't know what they have until we see TT gone, IMO.

Thoughts?

Tim-

I agree with taking a QB with our first pick if there is one worth taking at that point.  I think there will be.  I agree with the red writing above.  I only really disagree with #9.  The great debate on speed vs big or both WR.  I think a lot of WRs can do all of it.  But, I am not sold that we don't have 4 good WRs if we have a real QB and real OC and we will!  I don't think we need to force WR it can come to us as we have 4 capable WRs maybe 5.

• Like (+1) 1

I could see it. Although I don’t know how much keenum is going to command.  Not sure if I’d want to pay him 18-20 mill.  He’s played very well this year.  He’s winning games not just because of the best defense in football, but because of his play. That being said, I just don’t know if I’d want to pay him what he might be looking for. If he plays well in the playoffs the Vikings aren’t going to just let him walk away. 

The reported value of veteran players on here cracks me up. According to most, Tyrod, who 'led' the Bills to the playoffs for the first time in two decades (and was recently elected to the Pro Bowl...I  know, I know) is worth nothing on the open market....but Case Keenum who has pretty much done nothing his entire career, and very might go one and done this weekend is worth $20million per year?  Really?

PS:  I've been a perpetual a Tyrod critic.

Did Cordy go around kicking TBD member's dogs this year?  Cut him some slack for Pete's sake, he is 6'6", 340, being that big and just walking is a lot of stress on your feet.  And remember this - he  has next to no trade value right now. If you are gonna trade him for anything of value, you need to wait until he is healthy and dominating again. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Did Cordy go around kicking TBD member's dogs this year?  Cut him some slack for Pete's sake, he is 6'6", 340, being that big and just walking is a lot of stress on your feet.  And remember this - he  has next to no trade value right now. If you are gonna trade him for anything of value, you need to wait until he is healthy and dominating again. 

He should get some Dr Scholls inserts! 

15 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Totally!

56 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Not so much that he doesn't have trade value, he does assuming he passes a physical for some team, but does he have value for the Bills?  I say no, at this point he's a toss up each week to play, and coaches don't like toss up game plans.  If healthy let someone else worry about his health, I say the Bills need to walk away from him, and Dawkins has played just as well as Cordy every did for us.  Just my opinion,

Tim-

4 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

To move up into the top 4 it will cost both 1sts and next years 1st as a starting point. 

I starting veteran is worth more than a 1st rounder, I'd say Glenn at least is worth a 1 when adding another 1 and maybe a 2nd and Taylor.  The Browns have Kizer for Gods sake, and I assume they'll pick Rosen or Darnold with their first pick overall.  Why wouldn't they want to add a vet in Taylor, his contract isn't crazy and the Browns havemondo dollars to spend..  With Taylor, they're not going 0 - 16 next year.. :)

Tim-

26 minutes ago, D521646 said:

I starting veteran is worth more than a 1st rounder, I'd say Glenn at least is worth a 1 when adding another 1 and maybe a 2nd and Taylor.  The Browns have Kizer for Gods sake, and I assume they'll pick Rosen or Darnold with their first pick overall.  Why wouldn't they want to add a vet in Taylor, his contract isn't crazy and the Browns havemondo dollars to spend..  With Taylor, they're not going 0 - 16 next year.. :)

Tim-

Glenn might get a 5th and Taylor maybe a 6th.

Being as tho we made the playoffs i dont like the idea of a big shake up.  I honestly dont think we should get rid of Tyrod.  I know alot pf people dont like him but the play calling of Dennison was horrendous this year and he never had a good off-season with all his receivers.  He is not Tom Brady or brees but he is far from the worst.  My number one move was to fire Dennison. Check!  Now we go after bevelle from Seattle. Think he is the best choice.  With our draft I believe we need a high motor pass rusher to help Hughes.  Lawson doesn't seem to be it for me.  Yes keep hughes and brown also.  There is a chance that Mayfield or Rudolph would be there in the 2nd round. If.so id like that pick. Mayfield first of not Rudolph. Use the 1st round picks on Pass rusher/cb  or even a guy like roquan Smith from Georgia or Olb Evans from bama.  Oh and Sony Michele could be a steal in late round.  Just a few things I think would really help us! 

• Like (+1) 1