2018 Potential Free Agent WRs

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Regardless of the QB they were awful by any metric imaginable. They are one of the worst position groups in the NFL. They don’t separate, can’t catch, don’t run after the catch and with the exception of Thompson they don’t get down the field. 

I’d add pass rush to that (but I agree).

I was reminding myself watching the games last weekend how important it is to both rush the passer and protect the passer.

17 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Spending a late-round draft pick on a receiver with speed could help tremendously. There is a host of intriguing options poised to hit the open market this season, and while it would be nice to add a big-ticket acquisition, priorities along the offensive and defensive lines, and the linebacker corps should outweigh free agent adds at wide receiver. With some cap-juggling, however, kicking the tires on a few of those players would be a good idea.

Best thing about this article is a link to another one that speculates that Castillo & Culley could both depart for Chicago.

We can only hope.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Regardless of the QB they were awful by any metric imaginable. They are one of the worst position groups in the NFL. They don’t separate, can’t catch, don’t run after the catch and with the exception of Thompson they don’t get down the field. 

I’d add pass rush to that (but I agree).

And based on the expected FAs available, I think pass rush and linebacker get pushed up the draft priority list while DT & WR can adequately be addressed in FA

Though I think we'll need to draft a DT in addition to the FA.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

On 1/12/2018 at 11:41 AM, Buffalo30 said:

I don't see how you can say Sammy is the best on that list with Landry there.  He's produced a ton more than Sammy and so has Allen Robinson when he's been healthy.  I think saying Sammy is the best there is being a homer but that's JMO.  

8.8 ypr this last season for Landry though. That's pitiful. That's what Boldin was putting up in his last year. 

I haven'y read every post here but I have seen no mention of Rod Streater's potential return.  Before his toe injury, he was showing himself to be a valuable asset in the WR Corp.   He should be completely healed and very well rested.

Now, we need somebody who actually knows that we have WRs and how to get the ball to them.

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Marqise Lee, Jacksonville Jaguars
Albert Wilson, Kansas City Chiefs
Paul Richardson, Seattle Seahawks - This is the player I'd like to see the Bills pursue
Taylor Gabriel, Atlanta Falcons
Donte Moncrief, Indianapolis Colts

I like Lee, but I'm not sure he fits our need as far as speed goes. Im hesitant with Richardson due to his lack of regular production. I like Gabriel as a cheap option for some top speed. 

On 1/12/2018 at 11:34 AM, TPS said:

I won't be surprised if they try to retain Matthews. He wasn't just a throw-in on the trade, they liked him. KB on the outside, JM in the slot, then a fast rookie on the other side would be nice.

Zay Jones will be in the slot position. They need outside receivers. 

There is talk about Watkins here in Atlanta...talk about put up or shut up time. There would be no doubt who is getting all the attention with Julio on one side. Ryan isn’t the best QB but he is darn good. I actually think Watkins in Atl makes a ton of sense if they can get the money right. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

Brown is maybe a tick above avg and has world class speed. I don't even want Landry and he won't come here anyways. Green Bay might have to let one of their starters (Randal Cobb?) walk, but if we are going to be a run heavy offense, some WR's might not want to come here. Maybe we should upgrade the TE position first???